Two things never should be allowed on a golf course

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Seems like the young bloods like listening to music while playing. Been paired up a few times with 20 somethings that had their music playing (some rap shit I never heard). I wanted to throw his phone in the water on 18. Only had one guy ask me if the music bothered me while playing. I let him keep playing the music.

If you want to play your music on the course, get some bluetooth ear buds.

The phone stuff only bothers me a guy is taking calls every hole.

No issue with cigars

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
I’m 52 and I like the tunes. It’s calming and seems to help with rhythm. I only crank it up when the cart is on the move. And I always ask if it bothers anyone. Cigars are cool. No issue.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Always fix your ball marks, too many dipsticks playing that don’t bother repairing the green.
I can explain that, when you suck you never hit the green, so you almost never leave a ballmark, thus the rare time you do, you're not prepared. I've found myself without the tool on more than one occasion.

Reactions: E$

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
I hate slow play too, if a foursome can’t finish a round in 4:15 - 4:30, they should be put on the clock next time and if they don’t finish in 4:30 you get assessed a slow play fee of 1/2 your greens fee. That money is then credited to group(s) playing behind them.

The rangers at the courses I play talk to players, but it never helps speed up play.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
I can explain that, when you suck you never hit the green, so you almost never leave a ballmark, thus the rare time you do, you're not prepared. I've found myself without the tool on more than one occasion.

True, but most people have a tee in their pocket which can do the job.

E$

EOG Dedicated
The only thing worse than slow play, is people that complain about it. It is never going away. Join a country club, or better yet, just don’t play.