U.S. Open contest --- starts next Thursday 6/13

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Starts next Thursday (6/13), same format as Masters/PGA contest. Back at Pebble Beach, love the Prime Time golf.

$50 per entry/max two entries

If we have 6 entries or more contest will go.

EOG will add 10% to prize pool, if we have 10 or more entries will pay 2nd place.

Entries PM'd to ComptrBob

I'll post field on Monday,

I'm in, need at least 5 more entries. Deadline to get picks into Bob and money to me will be 6/13 at 8:00 am CST

RULES:

You pick 7 golfers, 5 from groups of the world rankings on Monday 6/10 (I'll list everyone on Monday morning). One golfer from golfers ranked 1-6, one golfer from 7-12, one from 13-18, one from 19-24, and 25-30. Then 2 golfers ranked > 30.

*The winner will be determined by the combined 72 hole total of your 7 golfers. Lowest score wins.

**Tie breaker: The guess closest to the score of the man holding the US Open Trophy on Sunday (over/under par).

***If any of your golfers do not make the cut that golfer will receive the greater of: 1) his Thursday / Friday total doubled or 2)one plus the highest 4 day total in the remaining field of golfers.

****If your golfer withdrawals from the tournament at any time for any reason after the commencement of play that golfer will receive one plus the highest 4 day total in the remaining field of golfers.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'll throw away another $50.

I was proud of my Brooks Koepka selection in the PGA Championship but it took more than one winning prediction to win the contest.

I appreciate the format of the event.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Looks like we got the min 6 to make the contest a GO !!!

Pick 1 player from each of the groups below
Pick 2 players from rest of the field .... https://www.usopen.com/qualifying/road-to-pebble-beach.html ..... https://www.golfchannel.com/news/six-players-added-round-out-us-open-field

Send your 7 picks with WINNING SCORE TIEBREAKER to ComptrBob by 8:45 AM CST

Send $50 entry fee to me (same method for MASTERS/PGA), money has to be in by Thurs morning 9:00 AM CST

GROUP A
Brooks Koepka
Dustin Johnson
Rory McIlroy
Justin Rose
Tiger Woods
Francesco Molinari

GROUP B
Justin Thomas
Patrick Cantlay
Bryson DeChambeau
Xander Schauffele
Rickie Fowler
Matt Kuchar

GROUP C
Jon Rahm
Tony Finau
Paul Casey
Jason Day
Adam Scott
Tommy Fleetwood

GROUP D
Webb Simpson
Bubba Watson
Marc Leishman
Louis Oosthuizen
Patrick Reed
Phil Mickelson

GROUP E
Gary Woodland
Matt Wallace
Kevin Kisner
Jordan Spieth
Hideki Matsuyama
Sergio Garcia

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Please check for accuracy:

Entrant Group A Group B Group C Group D Group E Wildcard 1 Wildcard 2 Tiebreaker
ChiTownJoe Brooks Koepka Pat Cantlay Jason Day Webb Simpson Jordan Spieth Lowry Snedeker 277
BigDeemer Dustin Johnson Matt Kuchar Adam Scott Marc Leishman Hideki Matsuyama Stenson Na 280
BigRunner Dustin Johnson Pat Cantlay Adam Scott Phil Mickelson Jordan Spieth Na Lowry 280
CecTheFleece Brooks Koepka Xander Schauffele Adam Scott Webb Simpson Jordan Spieth Stenson Poulter 277
TryTryTry Brooks Koepka Pat Cantlay Tommy Fleetwood Webb Simpson Jordan Spieth Snedeker Na 277
ViejoDinosaur Dustin Johnson Pat Cantlay Tommy Fleetwood Phil Mickelson Jordan Spieth List Snedeker 273
JohnKelly Dustin Johnson Pat Cantlay Jason Day Webb Simpson Jordan Spieth Na Horschel 278

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Watching some coverage ONLINE, great to have the mic's.

DJ tee shot on par 3 #17 .... "Jesus Christ, where the fuck are you going"

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Jeez, Brad Faxon just said Henrik Stenson needs to get off the shneid and win a MAJOR. Guess he missed the epic duel at the British Open against Phil.

Fox coverage sucks

Vinnie Vegas

EOG Member
Ricki Fowler was 25-1 @ Bill Hill yesterday, starting to regret not throwing a $100 on him after todays 1st Round performance.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Early standings in R1:

Entrant Score Par Holes Left
CecTheFleece 491 -6 94
BigDeemer 493 -4 57
TryTryTry 496 -1 79
ChiTownJoe 499 2 67
ViejoDinosaur 500 3 54
JohnKelly 500 3 54
BigRunner 502 5 59

ComptrBob