UFC 55 on tonight

I decided not to order it since the card didn't do much for me betting wise so i'll just pick up a tape from a friend of mine. However I am curious if anyone is watching it is Mike Goldberg calling the action and if so has he said anything about the fact it might be his last UFC call.

homedog

EOG Enthusiast
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=650 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=ContestTitle colSpan=5>Card at Pinnacle

Ultimate Fighting Championship

<TR><TD class=ContestHeader colSpan=5>Ultimate Fighting Championship 55: Heavyweight Championship</TD></TR><TR><TD class=wht-title vAlign=top width="14%" bgColor=#000066>Fri 10/7</TD><TD class=wht-title bgColor=#000066 colSpan=4>A. Arlovski vs P. Buentello
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=wht-title align=middle bgColor=#999999 colSpan=5>Maximum Wager: 2000.00 USD</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD class=main_body_blk>08:30 PM</TD><TD class=main_body_blk>1 Andrei Arlovski</TD><TD class=main_body_blk> -600</TD><TD class=main_body_blk width=120><INPUT type=radio value=riskType name=radio00>Risk <INPUT type=radio CHECKED value=toWinType name=radio00>To Win</TD><TD width=77><INPUT size=8 name=C0P0></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD> </TD><TD class=main_body_blk>2 Paul Buentello</TD><TD class=main_body_blk> +540</TD><TD class=main_body_blk width=120><INPUT type=radio CHECKED value=riskType name=radio01>Risk <INPUT type=radio value=toWinType name=radio01>To Win</TD><TD width=77><INPUT size=8 name=C0P1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=650 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=ContestHeader colSpan=5>Ultimate Fighting Championship 55: Light Heavyweight Bouts</TD></TR><TR><TD class=wht-title vAlign=top width="14%" bgColor=#000066>Fri 10/7</TD><TD class=wht-title bgColor=#000066 colSpan=4>F. Griffin vs E. Sinosic
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=wht-title align=middle bgColor=#999999 colSpan=5>Maximum Wager: 2000.00 USD</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD class=main_body_blk>08:15 PM</TD><TD class=main_body_blk>3 Forrest Griffin</TD><TD class=main_body_blk> -491</TD><TD class=main_body_blk width=120><INPUT type=radio value=riskType name=radio10>Risk <INPUT type=radio CHECKED value=toWinType name=radio10>To Win</TD><TD width=77><INPUT size=8 name=C1P0></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD> </TD><TD class=main_body_blk>4 Elvis Sinosic</TD><TD class=main_body_blk> +451</TD><TD class=main_body_blk width=120><INPUT type=radio CHECKED value=riskType name=radio11>Risk <INPUT type=radio value=toWinType name=radio11>To Win</TD><TD width=77><INPUT size=8 name=C1P1></TD></TR><TR><TD class=wht-title vAlign=top width="14%" bgColor=#000066>Fri 10/7</TD><TD class=wht-title bgColor=#000066 colSpan=4>R. Sobral vs C. Sonnen
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=wht-title align=middle bgColor=#999999 colSpan=5>Maximum Wager: 2000.00 USD</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD class=main_body_blk>08:00 PM</TD><TD class=main_body_blk>5 Renato Sobral</TD><TD class=main_body_blk> -500</TD><TD class=main_body_blk width=120><INPUT type=radio value=riskType name=radio20>Risk <INPUT type=radio CHECKED value=toWinType name=radio20>To Win</TD><TD width=77><INPUT size=8 name=C2P0></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD> </TD><TD class=main_body_blk>6 Chael Sonnen</TD><TD class=main_body_blk> +450</TD><TD class=main_body_blk width=120><INPUT type=radio CHECKED value=riskType name=radio21>Risk <INPUT type=radio value=toWinType name=radio21>To Win</TD><TD width=77><INPUT size=8 name=C2P1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Nothing appealing there at all. The last two cards UFC is basically throwing a fighter in there with someone not of his class because it either causes a knock out or tap out either way its action. Where as if UFC booked two guys of equal talent level each fighter would feel each other out and be more curious which creates a higher chance of a boring passive fight.

dmmd98 said:
I decided not to order it since the card didn't do much for me betting wise so i'll just pick up a tape from a friend of mine. However I am curious if anyone is watching it is Mike Goldberg calling the action and if so has he said anything about the fact it might be his last UFC call.

Got my own answer to my question hello Craig Hummer to UFC and hello Mike Goldberg to WWE

King Jason

EOG Addicted
I'm not watching the PPV but the play by play on a couple websites have Sobral beating Sonnen by triangle choke and Griffin over Sinosic by TKO. It looks as though none of those three dogs will cash tonight because I can't see Buentello getting past Arlovski but you never know. Like BettingProhets said, he definitely has that punchers chance.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
King Jason said:
I'm not watching the PPV but the play by play on a couple websites have Sobral beating Sonnen by triangle choke and Griffin over Sinosic by TKO. It looks as though none of those three dogs will cash tonight because I can't see Buentello getting past Arlovski but you never know. Like BettingProhets said, he definitely has that punchers chance.

ok so no winners yet with one to go? let us know who wins it....

yes Sonnen tapped out Sobral and Sinosic actually came close to taking out Griffen til he gassed out and took a beating

Buentello made Leon Spinks seem like Rocky Marciano since Buentello lasted all of 15 seconds before getting knocked out

Buck Swope

EOG Member
dmmd98 said:
yes Sonnen tapped out Sobral and Sinosic actually came close to taking out Griffen til he gassed out and took a beating

What fight were you watching? :+signs9-1

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]n a light heavyweight bout, Brazil?s Renato ?Babalu? Sobral moved one step closer to a rematch with UFC 205-pound champion Chuck Liddell with a second round submission victory over game Chael Sonnen.

After the ritual touch of gloves, Sobral dropped Sonnen with a right hand, but the Team Quest member quickly rose to his feet. After a brief scramble, Sobral tried to lock in a standing arm triangle, but Sonnen escaped. Sobral stayed in control against the fence, and when the fighters separated, a hard leg kick to the head stunned Sonnen before both fighters tumbled to the mat. In the final minute of the round, Sonnen pounded away from the guard, but Babalu avoided any serious trouble. Sonnen couldn?t say the same as Babalu locked in a heel hook that had the Oregon native groaning in pain, but the gutsy Sonnen refused to tap and he survived the round.
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Babalu got Sonnen on the mat early in the second round, but Sonnen quickly reversed and jumped into Sobral?s guard. That was his last mistake though, as Sobral locked in the triangle armbar and forced a tap out at the 1:20 mark.
[/font]