UFC

Bigrunner

EOG Master
fuck... please be no contest

Just read an article where Randa Markos is accusing her opponent of over selling the illegal upkick. Markos said the kick grazed her opponent. She also said it happened after she took 3 illegal eye pokes where her vision was affected and she needed stitches. Randa said I never considered quitting. I feel for her. She received 3 illegal eyepokes and dished out one illegal upkick and she's the one that gets DQ?

Just read an article where Randa Markos is accusing her opponent of over selling the illegal upkick. Markos said the kick grazed her opponent. She also said it happened after she took 3 illegal eye pokes where her vision was affected and she needed stitches. Randa said I never considered quitting. I feel for her. She received 3 illegal eyepokes and dished out one illegal upkick and she's the one that gets DQ?
Yah i don't know how Herb Dean ruled that as intentional. It was during a frantic scramble. Markos had no idea her opponent was still down. I've seen far worse ruled as No Contest. Whatever, it happens though.

MMA
[55-54] +23.13
3* [8-5] +10.67

PENDING:

5/7/21
3*Sergio Pettis +160
1*Michael Page -200

5/8/21
3*Carlston Harris +120
3*Ludovit Klein -150
2*Diego Ferreira +160
1*Angela Hill +195
1*Neil Magny +195
1*Kyle Daukaus -145

5/15/21
3*Edmen Shahbazyan +175
2*Katlyn Chookagian -135
1*Edson Barboza +120
1*Michael Chandler +125

5/22/21
3*David Dvorak -150

6/26/21
1*Alexander Volkov +115

7/10/21
3*Conor McGregor -125
1*Conor McGregor -105

Future Event
3*Colby Covington +250 vs Usman

railbird

EOG Master
MMA
[55-54] +23.13
3* [8-5] +10.67

PENDING:

5/7/21
3*Sergio Pettis +160
1*Michael Page -200

5/8/21
3*Carlston Harris +120
3*Ludovit Klein -150
2*Diego Ferreira +160
1*Angela Hill +195
1*Neil Magny +195
1*Kyle Daukaus -145

5/15/21
3*Edmen Shahbazyan +175
2*Katlyn Chookagian -135
1*Edson Barboza +120
1*Michael Chandler +125

5/22/21
3*David Dvorak -150

6/26/21
1*Alexander Volkov +115

7/10/21
3*Conor McGregor -125
1*Conor McGregor -105

Future Event
3*Colby Covington +250 vs Usman
whats your usman khabib line?

Sergio Pettis +160 (69" reach) vs Juan Archuleta (69" reach)
Current line: Pettis +165

Juan Archuleta is a gamer. I don't think there is anything he is particularly great at but he is good everywhere. He is a durable fighter, constantly on his bike, and attempts to grind his opponent out. Without a doubt grappling is his comfort zone. For good reason, his striking leaves alot to be desired. Majority of his strikes are leaping overhands that he throws with reckless abandon. His style reminds me a lot of a poor mans version of prime Joe Benavidez. Against a fighter as technical/fundamentally sound and patient as Pettis, these looping attacks are going to leave a plethora of openings for big counters. We saw this in both the Bandejas and Pitbull fights. I think Pettis is going to have an enormous advantage on the feet. In the minds of many, I think Sergio has largely been written off as a championship caliber fighter. He entered the UFC 8 years ago with extremely high expectations as the younger brother of Showtime. Despite becoming a mainstay in the top 5, he never quite lived up to the hype. I think many forget Sergio started fighting the best in the world in the UFC at the young age of 19. Pettis never has possessed an uber athletic, powerful frame. So age mattered. There were fights where he simply got overpowered by outstanding fighters, despite having outstanding fundamentals. At age 27, Pettis is now entering his prime. I really believe the guy has turned a corner ever since losing to Rob Font. The technical skills were always there but he has grown into his body. His strikes command more respect from his opponents, his confidence in the cage seems much improved, his distance control and fight IQ have looked phenomenal. In his last 3 wins he has been nothing short of dominant. Controlling every aspect of where the fight takes place, the range at which they strike, and the pace of the fight. These were all against quality opponents as well. Tyson Nam, Alfred Kashakyan, and Ricky Bandejas (Who I think beat Archuleta easily and media did as well http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/9716/Juan-Archuleta-vs-Ricky-Bandejas).

The big questions is can Archuleta dictate where the fight takes place and if so can he do anything with it? I think he is going to have a tough time not only getting Pettis to the mat but controlling him there. Archuleta lacks dominant top control and his takedown attempts seem to be more of the point scoring variety ala Dominick Cruz. Sergio much like his brother has a very slick attacking bjj game off his back. Would I prefer him to look for subs if he gets taken down. No, I rather he escape. But it may be enough to make Archuleta uncomfortable if the situation presents itself and think twice about making this a ground affair. Also when Archuleta gets tagged he very regularly attempts naked shots for takedowns. Don't expect a ton of success for him on those shots and am hoping for Sergio to land some nice counters and evade. Not to mention, Sergio has faced better competition than this before and has faced far better grapplers with more well rounded games. Joey Benavidez circa 2018, Henry Cejudo, Brandon Moreno, Rob Font, Jussier Formiga. I don't think anything Archuleta has for him is something he has not been exposed to at a higher level.

This fight feels like Rose vs Zhang to me. Seems like the world is expecting Archuleta to have his way while I feel Pettis should be the favorite here. I think Pettis dictates how this bout is fought and slowly takes over as the minutes tick away. Pettis by unanimous decision.

MMA
[58-54] +29.93
3* [9-5] +15.47

GRADED:

5/7/21
3*Sergio Pettis +160 W Closing Line: +175
1*Michael Page -200 W Closing Line: -360
1*Raufeon Stots -225 W Closing Line: -225

Last edited:
On the right side of the line on almost all. Lets get some W's

MMA
[58-54] +29.93
3* [9-5] +15.47

5/8/21
3*Carlston Harris +120
3*Ludovit Klein -150
2*Diego Ferreira +160
1*Angela Hill +195
1*Neil Magny +195
1*Kyle Daukaus -145
1*Michelle Waterson +185

Sergio Pettis +160 (69" reach) vs Juan Archuleta (69" reach)
Current line: Pettis +165

Juan Archuleta is a gamer. I don't think there is anything he is particularly great at but he is good everywhere. He is a durable fighter, constantly on his bike, and attempts to grind his opponent out. Without a doubt grappling is his comfort zone. For good reason, his striking leaves alot to be desired. Majority of his strikes are leaping overhands that he throws with reckless abandon. His style reminds me a lot of a poor mans version of prime Joe Benavidez. Against a fighter as technical/fundamentally sound and patient as Pettis, these looping attacks are going to leave a plethora of openings for big counters. We saw this in both the Bandejas and Pitbull fights. I think Pettis is going to have an enormous advantage on the feet. In the minds of many, I think Sergio has largely been written off as a championship caliber fighter. He entered the UFC 8 years ago with extremely high expectations as the younger brother of Showtime. Despite becoming a mainstay in the top 5, he never quite lived up to the hype. I think many forget Sergio started fighting the best in the world in the UFC at the young age of 19. Pettis never has possessed an uber athletic, powerful frame. So age mattered. There were fights where he simply got overpowered by outstanding fighters, despite having outstanding fundamentals. At age 27, Pettis is now entering his prime. I really believe the guy has turned a corner ever since losing to Rob Font. The technical skills were always there but he has grown into his body. His strikes command more respect from his opponents, his confidence in the cage seems much improved, his distance control and fight IQ have looked phenomenal. In his last 3 wins he has been nothing short of dominant. Controlling every aspect of where the fight takes place, the range at which they strike, and the pace of the fight. These were all against quality opponents as well. Tyson Nam, Alfred Kashakyan, and Ricky Bandejas (Who I think beat Archuleta easily and media did as well http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/9716/Juan-Archuleta-vs-Ricky-Bandejas).

The big questions is can Archuleta dictate where the fight takes place and if so can he do anything with it? I think he is going to have a tough time not only getting Pettis to the mat but controlling him there. Archuleta lacks dominant top control and his takedown attempts seem to be more of the point scoring variety ala Dominick Cruz. Sergio much like his brother has a very slick attacking bjj game off his back. Would I prefer him to look for subs if he gets taken down. No, I rather he escape. But it may be enough to make Archuleta uncomfortable if the situation presents itself and think twice about making this a ground affair. Also when Archuleta gets tagged he very regularly attempts naked shots for takedowns. Don't expect a ton of success for him on those shots and am hoping for Sergio to land some nice counters and evade. Not to mention, Sergio has faced better competition than this before and has faced far better grapplers with more well rounded games. Joey Benavidez circa 2018, Henry Cejudo, Brandon Moreno, Rob Font, Jussier Formiga. I don't think anything Archuleta has for him is something he has not been exposed to at a higher level.

This fight feels like Rose vs Zhang to me. Seems like the world is expecting Archuleta to have his way while I feel Pettis should be the favorite here. I think Pettis dictates how this bout is fought and slowly takes over as the minutes tick away. Pettis by unanimous decision.
Writeup in a nutshell