UM over PSU

The_Man

EOG Senior Member
I think Michigan is in a good spot here at home against Penn State. This has to end sooner or later for the Nittany and it starts this weekend. Waiting on a better price here as with USC, but not sure how much longer I can wait.

USC over ND
UM over PSU

How is beating a 3-3 team that has already lost twice at home to two pretty average teams going to vault PSU to anything?

Michigan is a bad football team, period. If PSU loses to them, then they are not that great either, and just goes to show how overhyped, and overrated the Big 11 really is.

I do believe both Mich and OSU were ranked in the top 5 preseaon. One has 3 loses, and the other has 2, and they still have t face each other heads up.

I said awhile back PSU had a good shot to go undefeated, especially after OSU lost to Texas, but I also said that by doing so it didn't make them that great a football team.

When these so called powerhouses in the Big 11 go outside of conference they get their clocks cleaned. They just love usuing the excuse thatthey beat up on each other. Well all that means is thatthey are all pretty average teams that are playing pretty average teams in conference.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
wantitall4moi said:
How is beating a 3-3 team that has already lost twice at home to two pretty average teams going to vault PSU to anything?

Michigan is a bad football team, period. If PSU loses to them, then they are not that great either, and just goes to show how overhyped, and overrated the Big 11 really is.

I do believe both Mich and OSU were ranked in the top 5 preseaon. One has 3 loses, and the other has 2, and they still have t face each other heads up.

I said awhile back PSU had a good shot to go undefeated, especially after OSU lost to Texas, but I also said that by doing so it didn't make them that great a football team.

When these so called powerhouses in the Big 11 go outside of conference they get their clocks cleaned. They just love usuing the excuse thatthey beat up on each other. Well all that means is thatthey are all pretty average teams that are playing pretty average teams in conference.

they dont need to vault just remain unbeaten and let the others lose and creep up, thcy cant jump to the top 2 unless they get some help but can do it.

Ohio State and Texas are about even as they showed earlier, big 11 is not great but they are OK.

There are 5-6 undefeated teams fight now. The ONLY way PSU gets into that position is to basically be the only undefeaeted team. So both Texas and USC will have to lose as well. Even with one loss I think either of them would still be ranked ahead of them. Those teams are just better.

Everyone that thinks PSU is so good make a line for them against USC and Texas(with or without a loss) both on a nuetral field. If it is less than 21 for USC and 14 for Texas you are dillusional. Could they cover? Maybe. But they are average at best. They don't play anyone. So asking them to win those games SU is crazy, and putting them in a game to get their brains beat in wouldn't be much fun to watch, unless you layed the 3 TDs with the fave and wanted the cushion.

Not to mention UCLA is a better team than them as well.

Cozen

EOG Enthusiast
wantitall4moi said:
Everyone that thinks PSU is so good make a line for them against USC and Texas(with or without a loss) both on a nuetral field. If it is less than 21 for USC and 14 for Texas you are dillusional.

Have you been :cocktail?

USC opened a 13.5 fave over ND AT ND, so how can you not think that on a nuetral field USC wouldn't be a 21 point fave, AT Happy Valley USC would probably be 17 alone? What do you think ND would be favored over PSU undefeated or not?

Texas beat OSU AT the Horseshoe, they were a 2 -3 point dog yes, but they won SU. PSU opened a 3.5/4 point dog AT home to OSU, and they won as well. So on a nutral field they would have probably been 7-9 point dogs. I have to think that Texas win on the road is worth at least a TD on a nuetral field against the same opponent. PSU's win at home might gamrner them a FG of respect. So inthe very least Teaaxas would be 12 but I figure a 14 point fave.

Whne you look at it from the outside it is alot easier to figure out. But if you are a homer or have some ticket alive with them you always look through rose colored glasses.

PSU isn't that great, and even though I think they can go undefeated myself, I am not dillusional enough to think they are in the top 5 best teams in the country, undefeated or not.

Them losing 3 games wouldn't surprise me anymore than if they go undefeated. That is what you expect out of average teams with mediocre schedules.

Cozen said:
3 out of the 4 available BCS computer polls available now have PSU #1.

LMAO,...please don't start using the BCS computer to defend your stand. Especially not even half way through the season.

Cozen

EOG Enthusiast
wantitall4moi said:
PSU isn't that great, and even though I think they can go undefeated myself, I am not dillusional enough to think they are in the top 5 best teams in the country, undefeated or not.

Time will tell. I think they're easily top 5. I've watched every game they have played this year and don't see any real weakness. Solid at every position.

All I know is thatthey are a FG dog to a 3-3 team that has looked like ass all year against sucky teams.

So them (PSU) getting ANY respect, computer polls or not isn't likely.

I have argued math and all that for years, and am still doing it. If math was so smart, then people should be able to bet teverything they own on Penn St this week, and have no fears. Because the computer has it as a mismatch, and PSU is rated far far ahead of Mich by the numbers.

Math geeks don't bet I guess since this line hasn't budged an inch, except for maybe a little towards Mich on the vig @3. The ML got as high as +153 on PSU, it has come down slightly to +145. Maybe if some tout gives them out they might take some money. But not sure.

IMO I think the ML does have value. Not because PSU is so good, but because Mich is that bad.