United States could be sending everyone a dime

mr merlin

EOG Master
The $600 most likely will be part of the next stimulus also.

Yes, state usually pays around 60% with a max.
the republicans wont agree to it, the only reason it made it through the first time is because it was an oversight(they didn't realize it would mean making far more while unemployed), they found out about it after the deal was made and wanted to change it, it was too late.

If $600 pisses off Republicans they should make it $1000 just to twist the knife more. Fucking lawmakers ain't losing their jobs right now so of course they can tell everyone it's wrong to give people a little more money than they might have made.

If they extend it 10 weeks instead of end of the year, and say 30 million people get the extra 600, that's $180 billion, or 6% of this $3t bill. Yeah paying the unemployed is what's wrecking the nation.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
If $600 pisses off Republicans they should make it $1000 just to twist the knife more. Fucking lawmakers ain't losing their jobs right now so of course they can tell everyone it's wrong to give people a little more money than they might have made.

If they extend it 10 weeks instead of end of the year, and say 30 million people get the extra 600, that's $180 billion, or 6% of this $3t bill. Yeah paying the unemployed is what's wrecking the nation.
It pisses off the people actually working more. Heck, why work at all?

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Many employers who received SBA payroll protection plans to bring employees back are being told no by their employees when asked to come back to work. Reason? “I make more on unemployment”. Catch here is for the employer to be forgiven the SBA money, the employer must bring back the number of employees they put on the relief application. So the SBA has instructed employers to document these instances and those employees may lose unemployment benefits.

Yet they’re discussing more unemployment benefits. This whole thing is one giant circular shit show.

Many employers who received SBA payroll protection plans to bring employees back are being told no by their employees when asked to come back to work. Reason? “I make more on unemployment”. Catch here is for the employer to be forgiven the SBA money, the employer must bring back the number of employees they put on the relief application. So the SBA has instructed employers to document these instances and those employees may lose unemployment benefits.

Yet they’re discussing more unemployment benefits. This whole thing is one giant circular shit show.

If someone refuses to come back to their job they are supposed to lose unemployment benefits.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Basically an open option to return otherwise a forefiture of your responsibilities treated as a voluntary resignation. Can't receive unemployment that way unless you're laid off altogether.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
So it looks like Trump will add as much to the debt in 1 term as Obama did in 2.

So I guess Trump finally bested Obama at something

Valuist

EOG Master
Stop with the stimulus. Way too much money printing. Both parties to blame in the past 11 years. Blame must go to both the duos of Paulson/Obama and Mnuchin/Trump.

Trump campaigned against Obama's debt and against the easy money from the Fed. But he's doing the same thing himself.

MrTop

EOG Master
Stop with the stimulus. Way too much money printing. Both parties to blame in the past 11 years. Blame must go to both the duos of Paulson/Obama and Mnuchin/Trump.

Trump campaigned against Obama's debt and against the easy money from the Fed. But he's doing the same thing himself.

No Sir - how ? : trump signed the checks & debit cards have his name. ;)

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I think the main reason he wont extend it is because he doesnt want people staying home and not returning back to work.

Slowly we are returning to normalcy. Slowly but surely.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I think the main reason he wont extend it is because he doesnt want people staying home and not returning back to work.

Slowly we are returning to normalcy. Slowly but surely.
I think the virus will magically disappear once the $600 free rides run out in July.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
June 1st will feel different than May 1st and April 1st in this pandemic. So will July 1st. By then I believe there will be a schedule for the NBA, NHL and MLB to play games.

MrTop

EOG Master
Or for Donald to buy votes?

the government knows basically how much people have and don't have..... they ask the banks. Are the bills getting paid to the bank ? many people could not pay their credit cards, mortgage , personal loans during the semi down turn... just think what is coming down the road. Who knows what wall street has done .

MrTop

EOG Master
when the dollar tanks 35% which is the 2020-21 prediction, this is where you turn to

Domestic Stocks (S&P 500) 1.3%

International Stocks (MSCI EAFE index in US dollar terms) 26.6%

Gold 12.4%

Source: HulbertRatings.com

when the dollar tanks 35% which is the 2020-21 prediction, this is where you turn to

Domestic Stocks (S&P 500) 1.3%

International Stocks (MSCI EAFE index in US dollar terms) 26.6%

Gold 12.4%

Source: HulbertRatings.com

Emerging markets will be best in this scenario, their currencies way overcorrected as the dollar versus the majors didn't move that much.

MrTop

EOG Master
Emerging markets will be best in this scenario, their currencies way overcorrected as the dollar versus the majors didn't move that much.

I won't say your wrong, but a tout from Yale is betting against you...Stephen Roach, the former Morgan Stanley chairman and currently a Yale University senior fellow

He said the dollar is going into the shitter. Recently EM is outperforming, but certainly not a risk free investment. My belief is as bad as it seems now the bad news is cooked in and EM can move up especially if the dollar weakens.