Urban Meyer to formally announce retirement after the Rose Bowl

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
He gone.

Appears Ryan Day is on deck.

Somewhere this morning a dweeb has a boner in his khakis.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
CGT opened Ohio State -4.5 over Washington in the Rose Bowl.

Current number shows Ohio State -5.

kane

EOG master
He gone.

Appears Ryan Day is on deck.

Somewhere this morning a dweeb has a boner in his khakis.

I get wanting the continuity, but I have to think there will be a big difference when Ryan Day walks into a recruits house for a visit as opposed to Urban Meyer. I really thought they would go after a big name, OSU is one of the best coaching jobs in the country, I'm sure there would have been some high profile coaches interested, I guess we'll see how things play out.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
I think rercruiting was the biggest reason they went this road. That 2020 class is loaded and the majority of the staff that recruited them is staying.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Meyer said it bothered him that he got a lot of questions from recruits about his future plans at Ohio State.

kane

EOG master
Urban Meyer is one unhealthy 54-year-old.

Coaching is a rough profession John, it takes years off these guy's lives, the crazy hours, all the traveling, all the recruiting, all the stress, your livelihood is determined by how a bunch of 18 year old kids play football. Stress is a silent killer, and I can only imagine the amount of stress these guys are under, of course they're well compensated, I'd trade paychecks with Urban Meyer any time, but it's still a tough way to make a living.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
CGT dealing Ohio State at a market-high -7 (-115) right now.

Viejo was right about the direction of the pointspread.