US Open at Winged Foot....

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Don’t expect many low scores....if you miss the fairways you will be in a world of hurt.....might be only a handful of players to break par....anyone have any opinions?

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
in cases like this load up on all underdog head to head round by round. too much randomness to have much of a favorite imo. In conditions like that with over par the norm most of these head ot heads are pretty much coin flips

I read an article that asked a lot of experts who went out and played it and they said to expect winning score to be plus par. Useful info because you know all these US books are going to post special boosts for the rounds, usually calling for an under par round.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
My three point picks to win US Open

Tiger Woods..45-1
Chez Reavie...200-1
Louis Oosthenizen...210-1

All three long shots...

E$

EOG Dedicated
Justin Thomas

The course is so hard tee to green, nobody is going to hit a ton of greens. Look for the best chipper/pitcher to win (like Ogilvy in 2006) which right now is JT in my opinion.

Does anyone really want to back Bryson on this kind of track? Is his relatively low number just people backing a guy they like in general? Seems like a really bad setup for him.

kane

EOG master
Even though I don't bet a lot of golf, I've never had the winner of any tournament I've ever bet, that means Rahm, Berger, Fleetwood, Hatton, Reed, and Schauffle have no chance

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Now you only have 3 minutes to find your ball instead of 5. A lot tougher as well with limited gallery and less eyes to look. Speith already had to take a 2 shot penalty.

E$

EOG Dedicated
Would have been really impressive if you called it before the tournament started

E$

EOG Dedicated
He was leading at the time, I understand that doesn’t necessarily guarantee that he is gonna win, but it’s not exactly going out on a limb either. Congrats though, hopefully you put a lot on it and made some $.