USA vs. Spain Davis Cup Plays

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
The controversial ultra-fast surface backfired on the Americans, so far, down 0-2.

David Ferrer -150 over M. Fish

Ferrer cut right through Roddick's serve. Great returner that never gives up. Fish was exhausted after his 5-set match against Lopez, and now he has to face the labrador! The Spaniard doesn't take these Davis Cup matches lightly.

Andy Roddick -185 over F. Lopez

I don't like how much Roddick has declined, but he's rightfully a favorite here. Leads their heads-up series 7-1. Lopez also tired from the long match against Fish. It's hard enough for Lopez to break Roddick's serve, and it'll be tougher for him on this ultra-fast surface.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Re: USA vs. Spain Davis Cup Plays

Davis Cup used to mean something back in the day....the past 10-15 years have been pretty bad....

What's your opinon Kinger?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

It still has plenty of meaning and the crowds really get into it. Certain countries take it more seriously than others. Honestly, I couldn't compare now to what it was like more than 15 years ago. You're probably right, though.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Thanks for Ferrer. I never would have played the match at it. I bombed it pretty hard due to this thread.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Good to know, Chessman :cheers

I wonder why the Roddick match hasn't started...

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

For a while I was getting worried about Ferrer. It looked like he couldn't put Fish away and the crowd was very boisterous. He was broken when he served for the match in the 4th. Then he had an early minibreak in the TB and lost it right back I think.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

I know Roddick's match got cancelled today, but his play on Friday night was purely pathetic.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

5dimes already graded Roddick's match as "cancelled."

Yes, sir. Match was canceled since Spain advanced. I forgot the U.S. was down 1-2, actually 1-3 after Ferrer beat Fish.

We'll take that Ferrer win, though. :cheers