Usher tells Kanye West to STFU

Sam Odom

EOG Master
R+B hunk USHER is the latest star to attack KANYE WEST over comments he made at an all-star Hurricane Katrina fundraiser a week ago (02SEP05).

The YEAH! singer claims the rapper was wrong to point the finger of blame at President GEORGE W BUSH, who he accused of being a racist, during the telethon.

And the R+B star, who will be among performers appearing on an MTV telethon tonight (10SEP05), states, "I wasn't mad at Kanye's statement - that's his opinion - but it's obviously not the opportunity or the time to poke fun or appoint blame.

"This is an opportunity where we all need to come together - musicians, actors, politicians - and help the (American) Gulf region."

Usher is grateful that none of his family members live near the disaster zones in southeast America - but he feels like he's lost the musical heritage of New Orleans, Louisiana, which was left devastated by the tragedy.

He explains, "The music that we listen to every day... was founded in New Orleans... This city is basically gone, the history of it has gone."

Sam Odom

EOG Master
"This is an opportunity where we all need to come together - musicians, actors, politicians - and help the (American) Gulf region."

:+thumbs-2 :+thumbs-2

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
No respect for Usher here, Kanye West just saying what everyone was thinking but too afraid to say at the time. After his statement about Bush, the subject was no longer taboo and serious inquiries are now being undertaken as to why this disaster was made worse by a myriad of reasons! Including but not solely the racism being the issue here!

Last edited:

Sam Odom

EOG Master
GreenDoberman said:
It's in the article, reread it.

A millioniare black guy telling another millioniare black guy to STFU is what the article is about. But you are right about too much race baiting coming from KANYE WEST.

X

xpanda

The problem with playing the race card in this instance is that it has now effectively swept the real problem under the rug: it's not that Bush doesn't like black people, per se, but that Bush has complete and utter contempt for anyone not rich.

That's been an obvious fact for some time now. He illustrated it nicely when he claimed that he understood how these people were feeling cause Trent Lott lost his house, too. But he knows the people of NO are resilient - he knows Lott will rebuild his house and he looks forward to sitting on his porch having a beer with him one day.

Insensitive arrogrant prick with no clue whatsoever.

This kind of crap goes back all the way through his presidency. The man has nothing but contempt for 90% of your population. Even those of you who voted for him.

X

xpanda

TONY MONTANA said:
Xpanda, why are you so worried about what happens in this country? Everythings perfect in the great white north. MAY'M!

Everything going on in your country (government-related at least) has a direct effect on what goes on in my country. You might be under the impression that your gov't is totally ambivalent about other nations, but that's not at all true. It's especially not true when it comes to Canada.

More importantly, however, I am appalled by war mongers, no matter where they are. It just so happens that this forum is predominantly American, so that is the gov't we speak of. On a predominantly English forum, I would deride Blair. Etc.

My anti-war morals don't just stop at my own border. And the US can't claim victory in globalisation and not expect the international community to have an opinion of their conduct. To expect so would be hypocritical, no?

Specifically on the matter of Bush having contempt for the non-rich ... this 'trickle down effect' bullcrap spewed by Reagan is alive and well and VERY MUCH affecting the international community. His contempt for the poor doesn't stop in New Orleans.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
TONY MONTANA said:
NO it sounds like worry to me. It's hard to pity the greatest nation on earth. MAY'N!! I LOVE YA ZZ, BUT YOU LEFTYS ARE AMAZING!!:doh1
It's going on at least 5 years since the US has been able to claim that mantra! LOL! For sure, now, Canada , Australia, Norway, Sweden and probably many other countries are better places to live than in BushWorld! And Thanks, for the Amazing compliment!

X

xpanda

Tony, how many other nations have you travelled to? How many have you spent a significant amount of time in?

I fail to understand how ANYONE can claim that their country is the greatest on earth when they've lived in one place their whole life. I would never say Canada is the GREATEST (it's pretty good, but I don't know if it's the greatest) ...

This is why people are leery of Americans. That kind of statement is just plain arrogant, with no basis in fact, just conjecture.

XPANDA, I am not in favor of the war, but you getting on this forum talking about Ameriacan boys dropping bomb on civilians is BS. AND YOUR RIGHT what we do does matter. We have been the leader of the free world for about 100 years and it ain't changing no time soon! MAY'M!:+excited- GODBLESSAMERICA!!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
TONY MONTANA said:
XPANDA, I am not in favor of the war, but you getting on this forum talking about Ameriacan boys dropping bomb on civilians is BS. AND YOUR RIGHT what we do does matter. We have been the leader of the free world for about 100 years and it ain't changing no time soon! MAY'M!:+excited- GODBLESSAMERICA!!
The 'Greatest' nation on earth sure resembled any number of third world countries with their response to Katrina!

X

xpanda

TONY MONTANA said:
XPANDA, I am not in favor of the war, but you getting on this forum talking about Ameriacan boys dropping bomb on civilians is BS.

How is it BS?

Do American military members not drop bombs on innocent civilians? Of course they do. They call it collateral damage or whatever removes the human element from it, but at the end of the day, there are plenty of dead people in every war. People who did absolutely nothing wrong.

My big problem is the notion of the state organising its citizens to either risk their lives fighting people they've never met and have no beef with, or forcing citizens to give their incomes over to support the war machine. It's total coersion and who does it benefit??? Not you nor I, that's for sure.

Name one benefit you have received directly from the Iraq war. Just one. No hypothesising, no conjecture, name me a real tangible benefit from this war.

Then weigh that against the costs ... especially the human costs.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
TONY MONTANA said:
XPANDA, there is never anything good about war. MAY'M!
Depends on if you are involved in making money off weaponry or selling oil at new-improved prices! LOL!