Vegas Golden Knights

VegasVic

EOG Addicted
Re: Vegas Golden Knights

Vegas has 68 points and will host NYI on Thursday. Get (at least) 1 point (something they have done in 21/23 home games) and they get to at least 69 and surpass their projected SEASON O/U Total of 68.5! Seriously. Has a team ever surpassed its SEASON point total BEFORE the All-Star break? Damn impressive

Having said that I will be lined up against them come the post-season

I’m embarrassed to say I jumped on the season point total the first day it came out. I took under 70.5 and felt like it was stealing. Almost went for the middle went the number dropped to 67.5 but thought they couldn’t reach 60, much less 68. I’ve never been so wrong on a bet in my life.

Bushay

NHL Expert

I’m embarrassed to say I jumped on the season point total the first day it came out. I took under 70.5 and felt like it was stealing. Almost went for the middle went the number dropped to 67.5 but thought they couldn’t reach 60, much less 68. I’ve never been so wrong on a bet in my life.
I would have to believe there are a whole bunch in that same boat. If I had money to burn at that time, I prolly would have been in line right behind you there.

Bushay

NHL Expert

Vegas has 68 points and will host NYI on Thursday. Get (at least) 1 point (something they have done in 21/23 home games) and they get to at least 69 and surpass their projected SEASON O/U Total of 68.5! Seriously. Has a team ever surpassed its SEASON point total BEFORE the All-Star break? Damn impressive

Having said that I will be lined up against them come the post-season
Why is that Winky? You predicting a major injury? A flu bug to sweep the room? Fill me in here, please.

yisman

EOG Master

"I went to a parachute team demonstration and a hockey game broke out . . . ."

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...es-las-vegas-hockey-team-golden-knights-name/

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...s-to-challenge-golden-knights-name-trademark/

Rodney Dangerfield would have loved this one.

The news just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Weird. I mentioned this earlier, but I think Vegas just basically copied UCF's name/logo. I didn't think of Army.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

.......at least you didn't have to sweat this one out

Bushay: Why will I be lined up to fade them in the post-season? First off - I know I will be getting their opponent at Plus Money - so that helps. As we have seen with Bruce BOOBreau - when travel/rest are equal - he gets exposed for the terrible coach he is. I know Gallant is a fabulous coach so going against him because he sucks isn't possible. But for a team with ZERO expectations to now be one of the faves to play for/win the Cup - that changes everything. It is one thing to play loose and free for 82 games. The 28 you (might) play in April-June are not played the same. Knowing what the weather will be like in Vegas that time of year I expect a slower ice surface which doesn't help Vegas at all. I'll see who they face in Round 1 - it almost certainly will be WC 1 or WC2 and it will depend on who it is to determine if I fade them in Round 1 or 2

kane

EOG master

I don't follow hockey, but I see tomorrow's Vegas/NYI game has a total of 7, juiced to the under. How rare is it to have a total that high? Has there ever been a total of 7?

yisman

EOG Master

I don't follow hockey, but I see tomorrow's Vegas/NYI game has a total of 7, juiced to the under. How rare is it to have a total that high? Has there ever been a total of 7?

yes, there have been 7 totals, but it's been years

back when Gretzky was on Edmonton, the totals were higher than that for Edmonton games, but that's going way back.

Not sure when the last time there was a 7 posted, but it's been at least a few years.

kane

EOG master

Thanks for the reply, yeah I guess back in Gretzky's days 7's were commonplace, we'll never see the likes of him again

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Having said that I will be lined up against them come the post-season....

I tend to feel the same way, cant put a finger on why.

Idk, maybe at a subconscious level there is already a feeling of accomplishment for what theyve done?

Of course coaches and every one will say the right thing but Im expecting a letdown.

The good news for Vegas fans is I probably know less about pucks than anyone in this thread, LOL.

I believe TBL will win the Cup this year.

TBL is 0-2 so far but I would take them in a heart beat if its even money or better.....

In fact I might lay up to about -130 or so for series if they meet up later in post-season.

[/homer alert]

kane

EOG master

I tend to feel the same way, cant put a finger on why.

Idk, maybe at a subconscious level there is already a feeling of accomplishment for what theyve done?

Of course coaches and every one will say the right thing but Im expecting a letdown.

The good news for Vegas fans is I probably know less about pucks than anyone in this thread, LOL.

I believe TBL will win the Cup this year.

TBL is 0-2 so far but I would take them in a heart beat if its even money or better.....

In fact I might lay up to about -130 or so for series if they meet up later in post-season.

[/homer alert]

This might have been true had I not just posted. Anyway, just for the record I made a future on the Lightning to win the Cup at 11/1 before the season, so I really hope you're right about them

kane

EOG master

We certainly will both be rooting for them this year (unless you have a better future still in action). ;)

Nope, just the Lightning. I had a future on them the year they won it, about ten years ago give or take, and every year since then I've placed a future on them to win the Cup, like I mentioned I don't follow the sport, but I know they have one of the better teams, so hopefully this is their year again

VegasVic

EOG Addicted

My reason for fading the Knights in the post season is simple. They go balls to the wall for 82 regular season games. You’ve got nothing left in the tank for the playoffs.

All the top teams take games off. Knights don’t.

VegasVic

EOG Addicted

First 7 I’ve seen in a long time but deserving considering how these two teams play.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

What was the DATE you placed this wager?????

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Over is 13-3 in NYI last 16 Thu. games.

Over is 16-4-2 in NYI last 22 road games.

Over is 16-5-3 in NYI last 24 games as an underdog.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

Boychuk and DeHaan have been out quite a while and the fill-ins are improving. Tough to play the under when guys like Barzal can get five points in a night. Would play Vegas with the over. I see 5-3.

I do agree that Vegas wins one round in the playoffs.

VegasVic

EOG Addicted

What was the DATE you placed this wager?????
I can’t tell you exactly. The ticket is in my safety deposit box but it was the very first day Westgate put up the season point total prop. Way before they released the point totals for the rest of the league. I’m guessing it was in July. They moved the number from 70.5 to 69.5 after I placed my bet.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

I can’t tell you exactly. The ticket is in my safety deposit box but it was the very first day Westgate put up the season point total prop. Way before they released the point totals for the rest of the league. I’m guessing it was in July. They moved the number from 70.5 to 69.5 after I placed my bet.

Stations had 72.5 well before that.......................

yisman

EOG Master

If you told someone before the season that Vegas would be over -200 against Chicago, they would've assumed the team had the flu and were missing Toews, Kane, and Keith.

Chicago was fully healthy (missing just Crawford, who hasn't played in 2018). Big underdogs and they lost 5-2.

The Blackhawks are last in the Central. The Knights lead the West.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

If you told someone before the season that Vegas would be over -200 against Chicago, they would've assumed the team had the flu and were missing Toews, Kane, and Keith.

Chicago was fully healthy (missing just Crawford, who hasn't played in 2018). Big underdogs and they lost 5-2.

The Blackhawks are last in the Central. The Knights lead the West.

I woulda assumed Hawks were playing the game 3-on-5 and even then I mighta made them no worse than -110

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Toews, Keith, and Seabrook have been beyond bad this year. Old and slow is no formula to winnng hockey.

VegasVic

EOG Addicted

All of the numbers regarding the Knights is beyond ridiculous, especially in Vegas where books have taken lots of future money on them. They are currently +450 to win the cup, (at Stations). Compare this to Westgate’s current future numbers for MLB or NFL where no team is less than +500 to win their respective championships.

Stations is listing the NHL field at -700 vs. the Knights to win the cup.

As much as I love what this team has done to this point I’m convinced the value lays with which ever opponent they face.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

All of the numbers regarding the Knights is beyond ridiculous, especially in Vegas where books have taken lots of future money on them. They are currently +450 to win the cup, (at Stations). Compare this to Westgate’s current future numbers for MLB or NFL where no team is less than +500 to win their respective championships.

Stations is listing the NHL field at -700 vs. the Knights to win the cup.

As much as I love what this team has done to this point I’m convinced the value lays with which ever opponent they face.
Probably so but I’m not wild about backing any team spending mini-vacations in Vegas.

VegasVic

EOG Addicted

Probably so but I’m not wild about backing any team spending mini-vacations in Vegas.

Tonight the Knights are -250 against a team they’ve lost to twice this year? Cumulative score of 11-4? I’ll take my chances at +200

NHL Stanley Cup updated

@GoldenKnights 4/1
Lightning 5/1
Predators 7/1
Penguins 7/1
Bruins 8/1
Maple Leafs 10/1
Jets 12/1
Capitals 14/1
Stars 20/1
Blues 25/1