Vegas Golden Knights

yisman

EOG Master
Re: Vegas Golden Knights

Vegas has hit a slump and now Nashville is four points up for tops in the West.

However, Roman Josi is injured and Laviolette is also planning on scratching one healthy skater each game for rest (Craig Smith rested the last two, Kyle Turris probably rests tonight).

VegasVic

EOG Addicted

[h=1]Make the Vegas Golden Knights, Saskatchewan's Offical NHL Hockey Team[/h]https://www.change.org/p/premier-scott-moe-make-the-vegas-golden-knights-saskatchewan-s-offical-nhl-hockey-team

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated

What do you guys make Vegas vs Kings or Vegas vs Ducks in a best of seven 1st round of the playoffs?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

What do you guys make Vegas vs Kings or Vegas vs Ducks in a best of seven 1st round of the playoffs?

Obviously Vegas comes the fave

Kings: -130 (at most and it wouldn't shock me at all to see this around -110 or -120 both ways or even the Kings favored)
Inferior Ones: -140
Blues: -165

I am 100% certain Kings would win the series. I am 90% certain the IO would beat them. I think Vegas beats the Blues. Avs are on life support and I have been saying for a few weeks their brutal sked sees them being the "odd team out"

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Canucks are around +155 tonite hosting the Golden Showers. Vegas with not much to play for. Can mathematically catch Nashville but not likely. Battling Winnipeg for 2nd best record but how important is that to Vegas. First home game for Canucks since the Sedins announced their retirement. I'll take a shot with the Canucks are playing well lately having won 4 in a row, 3 of which at +160 or better. At this price Canucks are worth a shot

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Pains me to say it but Vegas and my TBL look to be early fades (or no plays) for me in the playoffs.

I don't think either one will win a 2nd series.

Heim

EOG Master

I'm not sure how the expansion draft was conducted with Vegas but I would think it will be tougher for SEA to get good fast. Some franchises not too happy with VGK first year success.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

ALEX TUCH is transforming himself into one helluva good NHL player right before our eyes......................

So many instrumental players involved with this club.

Bushay

NHL Expert

I'm not sure how the expansion draft was conducted with Vegas but I would think it will be tougher for SEA to get good fast. Some franchises not too happy with VGK first year success.
Not a word was said about any of this till they reach this level in the playoffs.

Ridiculous.

BTW...what franchises?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Not a word was said about any of this till they reach this level in the playoffs.

Ridiculous.

BTW...what franchises?

BINGO! 100% agree. Before the season their O/U point total was around 70-72. The talk was who would they be dumping at the trading deadline to help make this team good down the line and not the sorry ass team we all thought they were gonna be. Give McPhee and his scouts a TON of credit for finding players that were better than most thought they were and making something of mostly rejects.....with speed. And that is so important - this team is fast.

Blame 30 other teams not this one.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Ridiculous.

BTW...what franchises?
I heard this also. I think it was more the ESPN talking-head types upset because there are no original six teams in it. The only advantage Vegas had (or any other expansion team) is they have a clean slate and no bad contracts. The Hawks are hamstrung with bad contracts now so they are limited. It still doesn’t take away how Vegas got to this point, truly amazing.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

BINGO! 100% agree. Before the season their O/U point total was around 70-72. The talk was who would they be dumping at the trading deadline to help make this team good down the line and not the sorry ass team we all thought they were gonna be. Give McPhee and his scouts a TON of credit for finding players that were better than most thought they were and making something of mostly rejects.....with speed. And that is so important - this team is fast.

Blame 30 other teams not this one.

As usual, WINKY gets it.

railbird

EOG Master

I remember Jersey state troopers and nypd played a hockey game and had multiple brawls back in the early 90s

Heim

EOG Master

In typical Vegas fashion 2nd round tix were 55% more than first now 3rd round 76% higher than second. Example, $55 reg season seats $225 (face) for 3rd.

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated

Heim - You say typical Vegas fashion the prices are going way up. This sort of increase would happen in almost every other city. The deeper a team gets in the playoffs the more ticket prices skyrocket. What am I missing?:+clueless

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Heim - You say typical Vegas fashion the prices are going way up. This sort of increase would happen in almost every other city. The deeper a team gets in the playoffs the more ticket prices skyrocket. What am I missing?:+clueless

NOPE! When the Kings made the Cup in 2012 they lowered the cost to their season seat holders as a way of saying THANK YOU for all of those years of support

Ticket prices do go up every round for every sport. But me thinks the Golden Showers might have overdone it here

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated

Winky - Never heard of a franchise lowering their prices after a championship. Great gesture by the Kings but might not ever happen again in the next 25 years.

Bushay

NHL Expert

In typical Vegas fashion 2nd round tix were 55% more than first now 3rd round 76% higher than second. Example, $55 reg season seats $225 (face) for 3rd.
$25 regular season seats are going for $190 in the WCF. [FONT=&quot]$50 vs the kings. $100 for the Sharks. $190 for the jets.

Vegas Vic thinks he can get $350 a pop next round. In this town, he very well may be thinking too low. More money and fewer seats to sell than when I was in this position in the late 90's. Standing room only were going for $3k a pop for game 7 of the Cup finals in 97'. The Wings 1st Cup run out of 3 in a 6-year span. A broker offered me Clubhouse box Kentucky Derby finish line seats for my 2 4th row seats in 88 WCF vs Gretzky and the Oilers in their heyday. I turned them down as we already had Clubhouse box seats to the Derby that year. We lost in OT and missed out on going to the finals. This was the year The Wings went to Edm for games 5 down 3-1 in the series and Probert, Kocer, Petr Klima, and 3 others got drunk at a bar called Goose Loonies in Edmonton the night before and they all played the game with massive hangovers and lost. Let the whole city down. Imagine if that happened today. lol [/FONT]

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Winky - Never heard of a franchise lowering their prices after a championship. Great gesture by the Kings but might not ever happen again in the next 25 years.

The Kings lowered the prices for long time season seat holders for the 2012 Cup Finals. LONG TIME season seat holders paid LESS for the SCF than the WCF. Rare - I know

railbird

EOG Master

$25 regular season seats are going for $190 in the WCF. $50 vs the kings. $100 for the Sharks. $190 for the jets.

Vegas Vic thinks he can get $350 a pop next round. In this town, he very well may be thinking too low. More money and fewer seats to sell than when I was in this position in the late 90's. Standing room only were going for $3k a pop for game 7 of the Cup finals in 97'. The Wings 1st Cup run out of 3 in a 6-year span. A broker offered me Clubhouse box Kentucky Derby finish line seats for my 2 4th row seats in 88 WCF vs Gretzky and the Oilers in their heyday. I turned them down as we already had Clubhouse box seats to the Derby that year. We lost in OT and missed out on going to the finals. This was the year The Wings went to Edm for games 5 down 3-1 in the series and Probert, Kocer, Petr Klima, and 3 others got drunk at a bar called Goose Loonies in Edmonton the night before and they all played the game with massive hangovers and lost. Let the whole city down. Imagine if that happened today. lol

tickets are hard to transfer because they are on phone and mobile entry

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

tickets are hard to transfer because they are on phone and mobile entry

Kings - and many others - use Flash Seats. Those are super easy to transfer. I buy my Kings tix from some guy who has FS and that is how I get his seats

VegasVic

EOG Addicted

Vegas Vic thinks he can get $350 a pop next round. In this town, he very well may be thinking too low.

As of this morning the cheapest tickets for Wednesday’s games can be had in the $330 range. Friday’s game, (next week), going for $370. Prices won’t go any higher, only lower closer to game time. Unless the Knights sweep the first three and have a possible clinching game on Friday. Which can’t possibly happen. No chance, Zero. Just like there was no chance in hell an expansion team could make the playoffs to begin with.

VegasVic

EOG Addicted

Kings - and many others - use Flash Seats. Those are super easy to transfer. I buy my Kings tix from some guy who has FS and that is how I get his seats

Agreed. All events, including concerts, use flashseats at the T-Mobile. Physical tickets going the way of dinosaurs.

Great win on the road tonight. Flipped home ice. Should be crazy at T-Mobile on Wednesday. Fun series so far.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

The greatest atmosphere in all of professional sports will be on full display this WEDNESDAY NIGHT @ T-Mobile Arena