Vegas.....here I come!

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Yes an upstairs bathroom (shared by 3 guys as 1 guy has his own bathroom) and a bathroom downstairs (2 guys share).

Kitchen isnt a problem. Not many cooks in the house. Crockpots are the main cooking device since Ive been here.

Privacy isn't an issue as each person keeps to themselves as they either work or stay in their rooms.

Its a great location. Im 15 minutes from South Point, 15 minutes from Westgate, and about 10 minutes from the strip depending on traffic.

I love the situation. I get to do my own thing. Work, bet, play some poker while keeping to myself.

As I've gotten older being around people has become less and less attractive. I like time with myself more and more each passing day. lol

Drewphin0

EOG Addicted
Hey. Well I mentioned I went to vegas about 8 years ago and stayed for about 3 months and stayed at hotels... moving from one to another... then left. So I had tried being there for an extended stay already and grinded. I did mainly live poker low stakes back then. Thus had i found a place whether it was extended stay or an apartment or room, i would have stayed longer. Thus it wouldn't be my first time coming here to live the grind a bit.

Well im considering going to vegas again. Thing is i mentioned, I relocated to Mexico a while back so i could continue playing online poker... but also could bet with the non us books.
I gotta assume very few if anyone here.... relocated to another country right? The move to vegas is lot easier since well its the same country.

But a bit of me want to go to vegas again. But if i do that, would it be hard to find a room like you though... but my issue is i don't have a vehicle. So would that be really hard? Always heard without a vehicle in vegas is tough. Years ago when I was there, i rode the bus from downtown to strip and vice versa... not that bad. But i defintiely would want a place where i could at least take a bus line down to the strip. I know there is wsop online etc... but its only 2 states. The place you mentioned... well obviously thats a residential place like in summerlin or henderson i assume so having a car is a must... which I don't have though which is an issue. I mean if you had no car, it would be very tough for you right? Do you play online much at all for poker? Im sure if you know about online poker, many of the US pros went to Mexico to play GGpoker, partypoker and those series right?

mr merlin

EOG Master
Hey. Well I mentioned I went to vegas about 8 years ago and stayed for about 3 months and stayed at hotels... moving from one to another... then left. So I had tried being there for an extended stay already and grinded. I did mainly live poker low stakes back then. Thus had i found a place whether it was extended stay or an apartment or room, i would have stayed longer. Thus it wouldn't be my first time coming here to live the grind a bit.

Well im considering going to vegas again. Thing is i mentioned, I relocated to Mexico a while back so i could continue playing online poker... but also could bet with the non us books.
I gotta assume very few if anyone here.... relocated to another country right? The move to vegas is lot easier since well its the same country.

But a bit of me want to go to vegas again. But if i do that, would it be hard to find a room like you though... but my issue is i don't have a vehicle. So would that be really hard? Always heard without a vehicle in vegas is tough. Years ago when I was there, i rode the bus from downtown to strip and vice versa... not that bad. But i defintiely would want a place where i could at least take a bus line down to the strip. I know there is wsop online etc... but its only 2 states. The place you mentioned... well obviously thats a residential place like in summerlin or henderson i assume so having a car is a must... which I don't have though which is an issue. I mean if you had no car, it would be very tough for you right? Do you play online much at all for poker? Im sure if you know about online poker, many of the US pros went to Mexico to play GGpoker, partypoker and those series right?
Why not just get a car?

MrTop

EOG Master
google pixel book ..you wifi it off your phone.. Get a back pack off amazon a good one with military specs cost about $130 get hooked up with don best mobile. Now you are cooking with gas . Don't get a car too much over head

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
A lot of visitors may shack up in Vegas the next two weeks to follow the World Series. Am thinking the powers that be may want this close and Dodgers are likely to lose one of next two. Of course this may be just a rumor that comes up every few years during playoffs. Will enjoy watching next two games to see what happens

A lot of visitors may shack up in Vegas the next two weeks to follow the World Series. Am thinking the powers that be may want this close and Dodgers are likely to lose one of next two. Of course this may be just a rumor that comes up every few years during playoffs. Will enjoy watching next two games to see what happens

Why would they do that? I don't see any uptick coming from following the World Series and I certainly don't see it being a factor now that you can bet at a larger variety of books in a number of other states.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Why would they do that? I don't see any uptick coming from following the World Series and I certainly don't see it being a factor now that you can bet at a larger variety of books in a number of other states.
You may be perfectly correct on this but I am just in a contrarian mood. When everything looks great for Dodgers a bad game is coming up.

Drewphin0

EOG Addicted
Hows everything going by the way? I assume you are still covering your monthly expenses since you posted this thread?

I don't keep up much with the current trendy flavor of the month offshore ("I really need to get out more"), although I am aware of the Pinnacle site with its drop down boxes for different lines at different juice.

Are these the Bookmaker lines to which you are referring? Or do they instead have something more akin to the Pinnacle site with the drop downs? What I'm seeing on the linked site below are all "flat" lines with neutral juice both ways, not even a -120/EV or -115/-105 in the bunch.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Sportsrmylife, it is over four and a half years since you made this thread. Are you glad you made the move to Vegas?

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Sportsrmylife, it is over four and a half years since you made this thread. Are you glad you made the move to Vegas?
Yes yes yes

Wish I did move hear 2 decades earlier

Actually not

10 years earlier would have been perfect. I don't see myself moving for a long time if ever

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I don't keep up much with the current trendy flavor of the month offshore ("I really need to get out more"), although I am aware of the Pinnacle site with its drop down boxes for different lines at different juice.

Are these the Bookmaker lines to which you are referring? Or do they instead have something more akin to the Pinnacle site with the drop downs? What I'm seeing on the linked site below are all "flat" lines with neutral juice both ways, not even a -120/EV or -115/-105 in the bunch.

Bookmaker typically has drop downs on football sides and totals (NFL 4 half points up and 4 down, CFB 3)

So, Bob, do I have to have an account there to see those, or otherwise what specifically am I missing that's keeping me from seeing/being able to produce those drop downs in the available-to-the-public screen that I'm looking at?

As a related aside, with Pinnacle, when I first started working with their drop downs back in 2012, I had functionally read-only access to someone's account where I could see the drop downs.

After that season, I couldn't see anything like that on their available-to-the-public screen and they wouldn't open new accounts to US residents apparently for legal reasons.

Then, I was just messing around on the Pinnacle website early in the 2020 season and lo and behold the drop downs had become available on their public website at some point.

So I've been able to track the contest performance of the Pinny Lean since then similar to how I have tracked the push-rate method over the years.

(Albeit still with those 2011 era push rates. I still haven't seen a set of push rates that . . . reliably . . . were produced after the PAT-rule changes. I've seen push rates published after those changes, but not on sites that reliably indicated that they were updated push rates rather than merely repeated older-vintage push rates. And those ostensibly "newer" push rates were substantially in line with Don Peszynski's 2011 era push rates, which rounded up/down, so I was never sure that I was looking at something truly new.)

In any event, I'd like to work a comparison of the Bookmaker numbers into the mix, but I need to figure out how to see them with the same precision that I'm able to do with the Pinnacle lines just off their public website without signing up. (Although I haven't looked yet at how hard it would be here in 2023 to just open an account with Bookmaker even if I don't bet there.)

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated
So, Bob, do I have to have an account there to see those, or otherwise what specifically am I missing that's keeping me from seeing/being able to produce those drop downs in the available-to-the-public screen that I'm looking at?

As a related aside, with Pinnacle, when I first started working with their drop downs back in 2012, I had functionally read-only access to someone's account where I could see the drop downs.

After that season, I couldn't see anything like that on their available-to-the-public screen and they wouldn't open new accounts to US residents apparently for legal reasons.

Then, I was just messing around on the Pinnacle website early in the 2020 season and lo and behold the drop downs had become available on their public website at some point.

So I've been able to track the contest performance of the Pinny Lean since then similar to how I have tracked the push-rate method over the years.

(Albeit still with those 2011 era push rates. I still haven't seen a set of push rates that . . . reliably . . . were produced after the PAT-rule changes. I've seen push rates published after those changes, but not on sites that reliably indicated that they were updated push rates rather than merely repeated older-vintage push rates. And those ostensibly "newer" push rates were substantially in line with Don Peszynski's 2011 era push rates, which rounded up/down, so I was never sure that I was looking at something truly new.)

In any event, I'd like to work a comparison of the Bookmaker numbers into the mix, but I need to figure out how to see them with the same precision that I'm able to do with the Pinnacle lines just off their public website without signing up. (Although I haven't looked yet at how hard it would be here in 2023 to just open an account with Bookmaker even if I don't bet there.)
Man does time fly by.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Yes yes yes

Wish I did move hear 2 decades earlier

Actually not

10 years earlier would have been perfect. I don't see myself moving for a long time if ever

Heading out first week in October. Usually stay at the Mirage for free, but they were bought out by Hard Rock. Still though, got a a nice suite at the Vdara for $110 a night. Going inside the Sphere to see Postcards from Earth that Friday.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Heading out first week in October. Usually stay at the Mirage for free, but they were bought out by Hard Rock. Still though, got a a nice suite at the Vdara for $110 a night. Going inside the Sphere to see Postcards from Earth that Friday.
The sphere is worth a trip. The screen is jaw dropping

Good luck

Heim

EOG Master
I always snicker when Stormy on VSIN promotes their location, Vegas, the sports gambling capital of the world.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
As the other hosts continually mention driving to Arizona to get down on bets they're interested in
John avello was on vsin this week promoting their contests for draftkings along with stating he believes using a proxy service is illegal but Nevada regulators look the other way due to the money it brings in

Shots fired