Vegas.....here I come!

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
The Vegas lifestyle gets passe after a year.....when Krackman said it has no culture or tradition he was accurate that's why
he goes to the Jersey shore often to get that home feel. JK is one of the few I know who still has the same passion for Vegas
as the first day he touched down on Vegas soil.

What JK left behind in Calumet City, IL now is a shithole, so it probably doesn't have any of that home feel Krackman still can find in Jersey.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
Sports, what sports are u betting right now? Just baseball? I gave u my two cents that baseball is a very tough bet, based on all the Advanced Sabermetrics being bet into the #.

You're gearing up for CollFB? Think about the FCS games that showed up in another thread. As betting market explodes, there will be more FCS games lined at higher limits...and there's just no way the oddmaker can accurately line 240 teams.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Woody, how so? Is there a sweet Overlay?

Circa has guaranteed $1.5M in prizes with no takeout. Up to 3 entries per person, $1k per entry, so especially +EV if they don't get at least 1500 entries. I expect a little sharper population and less "dead money" than the Westgate, but still +EV for the "good" NFL capper.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Good Luck, sporty. I think there's always a +EV angle in Vegas. Just have to look hard enuf.

Can you get any mileage on shopping the baseball lines hard? Baseball is a short-juice sport, and there is some line variance in Vegas.
Shopping is fun yet. I save anywhere from a half unit to a unit just looking around. I dont bet enoigh to get noticed so im not worried about getting locked out of an out.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
The Vegas lifestyle gets passe after a year.....when Krackman said it has no culture or tradition he was accurate that's why
he goes to the Jersey shore often to get that home feel. JK is one of the few I know who still has the same passion for Vegas
as the first day he touched down on Vegas soil.
JK gets to places where the ladies are very friendly and his grey hair is seen as experience.

Drewphin0

EOG Addicted
You mentioned you were staying in airbnb and stay there for 2 weeks or less i believe and then go to another airbnb because it saved costs i believe? Is there a reason why you would save costs on this? I remember you said something along the lines of this.

Are you still staying at airbnb now and moving every 2 weeks or so?

MrTop

EOG Master
the crowd not getting enough info . The thread had a lot of info in the beginning. Now I am waiting around all day for solid updates. Sometimes they never come.

sad

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Sports, what sports are u betting right now? Just baseball? I gave u my two cents that baseball is a very tough bet, based on all the Advanced Sabermetrics being bet into the #.

You're gearing up for CollFB? Think about the FCS games that showed up in another thread. As betting market explodes, there will be more FCS games lined at higher limits...and there's just no way the oddmaker can accurately line 240 teams.
All baseball. I will do some research to find out who is going to offer fcs games.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
the crowd not getting enough info . The thread had a lot of info in the beginning. Now I am waiting around all day for solid updates. Sometimes they never come.

sad
True. Its easier to update when things were going already. When things turned sideways the feeling of updating doesnt feel right. But you are right. I need to just report what is happening...good bad or terrible.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
You mentioned you were staying in airbnb and stay there for 2 weeks or less i believe and then go to another airbnb because it saved costs i believe? Is there a reason why you would save costs on this? I remember you said something along the lines of this.

Are you still staying at airbnb now and moving every 2 weeks or so?
Staying longer at a place saves on the cleaning fees and the fees that airbnb charges. The less you move the less you pay these.

Yes airbnb is my current home.

Im looking to find a private room/apt for a stable place to stay.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
Shopping is fun yet. I save anywhere from a half unit to a unit just looking around. I dont bet enoigh to get noticed so im not worried about getting locked out of an out.

That's good stuff. I look in as a guy who is NOT a Vegas resident.

You'd THINK that Vegas is wired in. They are, but it's not at the micro-second level. Offshore moves SO FAST. Vegas not so much. Still opportunities for the line-shopper.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
I think coupon books are a great starting point for +EV. Can carve out a good chunk of change on $$ saved + $$ earned.

One that I found recently was the Circus Circus coupon book. I stayed there few months back. It was quite good. Friend and I played there.

Blackjack coupon was quite good. Got a discounted meal out of it. On the Net, we did very well, more than paid for the room.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
Sporty, any observations from the baseball season?

Some of the big-name pitchers (Verlander + Kershaw) commented on the ball being juiced. Not sure how they would benefit by saying that.

I'm sure it's put the oddsmaker in a tougher position when setting Totals. Home runs flying out at big pace.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Watch the highlight of the fransico lindor hr for the indians as the drop the mic moment if the ball is juiced. The funny part is the announcers talking about how strong lindor is to be able to hit a ball that far on his front foot with a one handed swing.

My go to stats now in baseball are teams ops and pitchers siera rates compared to era.

Use last 7 days and last 14 days for teams vs lhp or rhp.

I live on fangraphs and baseballsavant.

Baseball savant is a very nice live betting tool for how contact is happening early in the game.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Interesting stuff sml. You'll turn it around in bases. Hopefully you are quite selective as it all starts with building in the short-term.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Good stuff man, appreciate you taking the time to do this, I check in on a regular basis.

Someone mentioned Vegas lacking in tradition, culture. I don't know if it's that but I do tire of Vegas quicker than other gaming destinations.

For example I can stay in Biloxi for a month and still be as eager on day 31 as I was day one.....

Two weeks in Vegas (even when winning) is about all I can tolerate.

Especially now with sports betting legal Biloxi is much better option for me, and the poker has ALWAYS been better. Softer games up and down the board.

It's just a personal preference I suppose but the lifestyle is slower..... New Orleans a short ride up I-10 is nice too.

Hitting the beach for long walks in the morning was always a great way to shake off a bad night.

Did I mention the food? I love that cajun cooking, no place does it better IMO.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Interesting stuff sml. You'll turn it around in bases. Hopefully you are quite selective as it all starts with building in the short-term.

Thanks. I have been looking at more team totals, f5 sides/totals but the funny thing about vegas is that there are very few books that offer a good menu of betting options. Westgate is by far the best from a menu style. Problem with is Westgate is a place that if they have the best line available and that's the play you like.....you are fkd.

Had to learn this the hard way. Now I have to see this and look elsewhere for a bet on the other side that Westgate is offering up the "free candy".

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
The offshore equal was the old Pinny lean method..... they clearly hanging the best #, find the best price the other way and bet it somewhere else.

Used to work in the old days, not so much any more.

Drewphin0

EOG Addicted
Staying longer at a place saves on the cleaning fees and the fees that airbnb charges. The less you move the less you pay these.

Yes airbnb is my current home.

Im looking to find a private room/apt for a stable place to stay.

Yea thats what i thought, for some reason i thought you said it cost less staying at places and moving more which didn't make sense when you look at cleaning fees. What is the longest you ever stayed at one airbnb before moving to another one? On average, how much money are you playing a month staying at airbnb a month? You stay on average 2 airbnb a month?

Also are you almost always renting a room or renting the entire place when doing airbnb?

Would it cost you lot more to find a private apartment for stable place to stay as oppose to this? Of course you need some furniture.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Yea thats what i thought, for some reason i thought you said it cost less staying at places and moving more which didn't make sense when you look at cleaning fees. What is the longest you ever stayed at one airbnb before moving to another one? On average, how much money are you playing a month staying at airbnb a month? You stay on average 2 airbnb a month?
$500

Also are you almost always renting a room or renting the entire place when doing airbnb?

Would it cost you lot more to find a private apartment for stable place to stay as oppose to this? Of course you need some furniture.
6 days was the longest I've stayed at a place since the next day it was rented out to someone else. I try to average it out to $30/day. I also have some ways of staying for cheaper that if you think a little bit shouldn't be hard to figure out.

Last month I spent $780 on airbnb places.

I always get a private room and haven't done an entire house as the cost for a house is out of my range.

I need to look into house sitting on craigslist and have looked into finding a rental of a private room and bathroom on craigslist. I'm sure I could find something with all utilities included for $500-$600/month. Having use of a kitchen would most likely be included.

The privacy part is what I'd want the most. No places with multiple roommates.

There are hundreds of room rentals on Craigslist. Most won't give a shit if you are a gambler or whatever, just as long as you pay in advance. That should be where you find your next place.

Its illegal to rent out anything in Clark County for under 30 days, guess who wanted that rule instituted and then got it done for them after a very short period of time? Not that it really gets closely enforced, but it does scare off much of the potential investors who might buy a place just so they can Airbnb it out. Besides the model doesn't really work well in Vegas, tourists want to be close to the Strip but almost everything residential close to the Strip is ghetto trash.

I think coupon books are a great starting point for +EV. Can carve out a good chunk of change on $$ saved + $$ earned.

One that I found recently was the Circus Circus coupon book. I stayed there few months back. It was quite good. Friend and I played there.

Blackjack coupon was quite good. Got a discounted meal out of it. On the Net, we did very well, more than paid for the room.

Coupon books are becoming pretty rare these days. The LV Advisor book probably best thing out there. Occasionally you get some at a place like CC, but they are giving them out only to hotel guests. The idea that there is EV+ out there to just go pick up is so outdated. The recent VP machines at the D was pretty symbolic. They put in 100%+ higher denom machines and people were flocking to them by word of mouth. A friend of mine who used to be pretty serious about VP went out to play and he said it was like a reunion of all the best VP players around. People were chatting, but playing at the same time. He caught up with someone he hadn't seen in two years but said neither of them took their eyes off the screens. Then just as quick as they went in, they were removed. And no one was shocked, everyone figured it was just a quick promotional thing Derek Stevens did for the slowest part of summer.

People just have to give up this idea of moving to Vegas to make a living gambli9ng. With discipline and hard work you can make maybe 25k a year in Vegas. Maybe a little more if you are truly a top poker pro or working with a syndicate in sports betting. With some good diversionary skills you can make a bigger score for a short period of time, but it won't last. The idea of some grinder packing up his car and moving out on a whim just saddens me. They got about as good as chance to make it big in Hollywood as they do to make a good living in Vegas.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
JK gets to places where the ladies are very friendly and his grey hair is seen as experience.

I've never painted my hair.

I once considered hair dye at Vidal Sassoon in Beverly Hills and the stylist recommended I pass.

Sometimes it looks fake, especially on fair-skinned guys.

Ever see the guy who tries the cheap color job from Walmart and his hair turns Trump-orange?

Last edited:

Drewphin0

EOG Addicted
6 days was the longest I've stayed at a place since the next day it was rented out to someone else. I try to average it out to $30/day. I also have some ways of staying for cheaper that if you think a little bit shouldn't be hard to figure out.

Last month I spent $780 on airbnb places.

I always get a private room and haven't done an entire house as the cost for a house is out of my range.

I need to look into house sitting on craigslist and have looked into finding a rental of a private room and bathroom on craigslist. I'm sure I could find something with all utilities included for $500-$600/month. Having use of a kitchen would most likely be included.

The privacy part is what I'd want the most. No places with multiple roommates.

Wait you only stay max 6 days... don't you get tired of having to move around places this much? I thought you stay minimum that many days due to not wanting to pay for cleaning etc. Is there a reason why you don't stay like 2 weeks at a time at least? Or is almost every place you rent out usually booked so you can not get that many days. Is there a reason why you don't book like a month in a place? Is cleaning price same or more if you stay a month?

I thought the only reason why you would move to another airbnb after 6 days is because of the weekend rate at that airbnb? Or not because if you go to another airbnb, wouldn't the prices be similar?

Yea privacy is the most important part. But couldn't you find something like this pretty easily say off strip like in henderson or summerlin? Something like 700-800 a month for a studio? Also some of these places might even have their own bathroom?

Im curious but whenever you stay at a place, do you use the kitchen much? Is is strange using the kitchen? I would feel a bit strange using the kitchen of someone who is renting out teir airbnb when they are there.

You mean you don't want a place where there are 2 or more roommates? Im curious but what type of person would you prefer to rent from? Like a single guy or woman or couple or a family? Or none of that matters?

The other thing i thought was this. Which ever airbnb you stayed at, are the places you stay at they give you a key or its like digital code? Also when do they usually leave the house and when do you come by? Because i would feel like assuming someone in vegas just works a regular job or work on the strip, wouldn't it feel weird when their guest come home after midnight etc a lot if say they play poker and obviously poker is played mostly late at night? For example if i didn't gamble, i wouldn't feel comfortable with someone who comes back to my home late at night etc if you know what i mean. I assume you don't have any issues like this? However, its like if you rent a room, well the person at the house will hear you when you come in etc. But say if you had your own studio or private entrance to a room... well that would be a lot better and more privacy. Do you know if many places like that exist? Such as you are renting a private room with a private entrance? That way you can't disturb the owner when you come home late? I know in some vegas rentals a long time ago, some places advertise own room and own bathroom and even private entrance. So only time you really have to bump into anyone would be when cooking in kitchen etc.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Wait you only stay max 6 days... don't you get tired of having to move around places this much?

The moving doesn't bother me. I just move a couple of bags in. Having a set place will be something I want eventually but not worried about it right now.
I thought you stay minimum that many days due to not wanting to pay for cleaning etc. Is there a reason why you don't stay like 2 weeks at a time at least?

Normally due to the place being rented to someone else coming up or the rate changes. The owner sets the rate to whatever they want and sometimes they charge 1.5x to 2x for weekends.

Or is almost every place you rent out usually booked so you can not get that many days. Is there a reason why you don't book like a month in a place? Is cleaning price same or more if you stay a month? I don't know I've never stayed long enough to find out. I think airbnb charges the few again after a certain number of days but maybe I read that wrong.

I thought the only reason why you would move to another airbnb after 6 days is because of the weekend rate at that airbnb? Or not because if you go to another airbnb, wouldn't the prices be similar?

Yea privacy is the most important part. But couldn't you find something like this pretty easily say off strip like in henderson or summerlin? Something like 700-800 a month for a studio?
Very possible. Haven't dug into it enough or met with anyone for this yet.
Also some of these places might even have their own bathroom?
Yes I would only do a private bathroom. I'm not sharing.

Im curious but whenever you stay at a place, do you use the kitchen much?
I haven't yet even though it is available to me. I eat with my comps, do In and Out Burger or hit the Golden Corral buffet just before the dinner time and pay the lunch time rate. I haven't done the bellagio employee buffet thing.....as I am afraid I'd get caught day 1.
Is is strange using the kitchen? I would feel a bit strange using the kitchen of someone who is renting out teir airbnb when they are there.

You mean you don't want a place where there are 2 or more roommates? Im curious but what type of person would you prefer to rent from?
I'd like to rent from someone I never see or hear from. I'd want to be a ghost. We don't see each other. Man or women doesn't matter to me. A private entrance, private bathroom where I don't have to encounter others would be my idea situation. Yes a studio apartment would be great but I need to find something furnished as I don't have anything with me and don't have the roll to go out and buy everything as an apartment starter kit.
Like a single guy or woman or couple or a family? Or none of that matters?

The other thing i thought was this. Which ever airbnb you stayed at, are the places you stay at they give you a key or its like digital code?
All that I've dealt with have keycodes on the doors. Most have been around and I've spoke with a few of them. I prefer not to meet them and keep to myself.
Also when do they usually leave the house and when do you come by? Because i would feel like assuming someone in vegas just works a regular job or work on the strip, wouldn't it feel weird when their guest come home after midnight etc a lot if say they play poker and obviously poker is played mostly late at night? For example if i didn't gamble, i wouldn't feel comfortable with someone who comes back to my home late at night etc if you know what i mean. I assume you don't have any issues like this? However, its like if you rent a room, well the person at the house will hear you when you come in etc. But say if you had your own studio or private entrance to a room... well that would be a lot better and more privacy. Do you know if many places like that exist?
The Airbnb site gives a good description of the place as in if it has a private entrance or not. I look for them.
Such as you are renting a private room with a private entrance? That way you can't disturb the owner when you come home late? I know in some vegas rentals a long time ago, some places advertise own room and own bathroom and even private entrance. So only time you really have to bump into anyone would be when cooking in kitchen etc.

Answered your questions in bold.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
drewphin0

if you have an itch to try to move to vegas just fucking do it. most likely, as in in my case so far, it isnt going to work but at least you have the experience. everything doesn't have to be absolutely perfect to do it. go and figure it out.

just have say 50 bets and some other living money. give it a 30 day or 60 day trial.

live and learn.

Drewphin0

EOG Addicted
Hey there thanks for your responses to my questions above. Yea you don't want to share bathroom and private entrance... that is what most of us want. And yes the furnished apartment thing where you don't have to buy anything is a huge deal.

I have read that its easy to find a studio or something like that in henderson or summerlin for that price with the private entrance and bathroom. The big advantage here is you have a car so going anywhere isn't that big of an issue for you.

I like what you say with you don't like to meet the other person as you come in and out as that would be like your own place.