wyoming texas st under 47.5
byu tenn under 53
w kentucky fiu under 57
e mich kentucky under 52.5
minn fresno st under 46.5
oregon st hawaii under 77.5

Drewphin0

EOG Addicted
So you mentioned your plays are between 50-200 dollars. So basically avg play is 100/game right? The thing is how much do you expect to make a month though if you are betting 100/game? Back then i thought if someone could bet like 500-1000 a game, they could do it full time to make like 30-60k a year. That was when i didn't have a clue. If someone bet say 500/game and made 25k a year, that is 50 units... which is very tough to do.

But isn't it going to be way to hard to even average 1000/month if you are betting 100/game? That would come out to 10 units a month. I mean if someone is up say 30 units for the entire season, thats pretty good. Its like in sportsbetting, unless you have a huge bankroll to bet a lot per game, wouldn't you say its very hard? I mean even if you do heavy volume, like say 300 plays a month, say you go 55%. That would be 165-135. That would be 16.5 units a month. But i don't think you can get that much volume if you only bet american sports... the other thing is i don't think anyone can average that on average because that would mean someone would be up almost 200 units for the whole year if betting 1 unit a game. That is basically impossible.

I think if someone could average 5 units on average a month in the course of the entire year, which would amount up to 60 units, i think thats very good and very few ppl could do this. So if you bet 100/game, that would only be 500/month or 6000/year. Curious what others think about this?

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I believe your numbers are very solid Drew. I think that $500 is a good start per game is a good start but I also believe that if you are high volume doing 1h, 2h, props that $200/game is a livable wager amount (as always...depending on your living expenses).

I have got some work that isn't sports betting involved to help with my expenses. It's something I can do at at night so that studying games during the day.

I'm also looking to get into either dealing poker or getting into the banquet server niche as I've talked to people that say the time worked and pay are very good. Can pick your own schedule and make a good hourly too.

But I'm sure that those are a bit more difficult to crack into if the pay is solid. Once you get in you don't leave.

But having a little something (expect to work 25-30 hours) coming in will take some of the pressure off of me for the time being.

Poker dealing sucks, table count is dwindling. Could get gigs during tournaments, but might be hard to get good shifts in a room you want to be in. Your break in probably is one of the rooms which is lucky to have 2-3 tables running, which means you probably will have a lot of shifts where you get in maybe 4-5 30 minute downs and then are sent home. I did some numbers for a poker room not long ago that was literally losing money. Not the way people think where slots would earn more than poker, actually they lost about 10 grand for a month because there were days where only one cash table would go and it would last 5 hours. No way they could recover the cost of staff, let alone the shared services they get charged (security, beverage, IT, etc).

Banquet server is a better choice, they are always looking for people and since they have such shortages they end up hiring "questionable" (ie, probably illegal) workers to do it. Pay is union scale too, should work for your schedule since you aren't counting on 40 hours a week of it. Pay is a bit of a drag because you have to put in some hours of untipped work (setup and clean up), but the tips you do get aren't bad. Do it for awhile and you can get on the union schedule to do something else that pays better.

Drewphin0

EOG Addicted
Thats what I thought, $500 a game is probably the absolute minimum but even then, its too low. Say you average 60 units a season, thats 5 per month. That is very hard. That would be 30k. I don't think anyone can avg 60 units every season while betting 1 unit on avg. I think 30 units is more realistic... but that is still very hard. You say doing high volume at 200/game. How much money would you say is livable for sportsbetting?

I have tough time thinking anyone can avg say 1500/month every month betting 200/game. It would be hard to average 1k a month every month, thats 5 units on average.

Im curious if anyone here does it full time. And would they agree 1k is probably the minumum bet required to do it for a living. I think you need to avg like 2k a game on avg if you want to make say 50k a year on average.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Thats what I thought, $500 a game is probably the absolute minimum but even then, its too low. Say you average 60 units a season, thats 5 per month. That is very hard. That would be 30k. I don't think anyone can avg 60 units every season while betting 1 unit on avg. I think 30 units is more realistic... but that is still very hard. You say doing high volume at 200/game. How much money would you say is livable for sportsbetting?

I have tough time thinking anyone can avg say 1500/month every month betting 200/game. It would be hard to average 1k a month every month, thats 5 units on average.

Im curious if anyone here does it full time. And would they agree 1k is probably the minumum bet required to do it for a living. I think you need to avg like 2k a game on avg if you want to make say 50k a year on average.
So how many bets would you say a professional is making per day? The tout idea of 3-5 is because people don't have the roll to bet more games than that.

I will use eddie walls as an example. He talks about having 25-35 bets on a saturday alone. I can't remember if this includes the 2h wagers or not but he has plenty of bets going. He isn't looking at the his best 3-5 games and betting 5k on each of them. He's betting a lot of wagers.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Poker dealing sucks, table count is dwindling. Could get gigs during tournaments, but might be hard to get good shifts in a room you want to be in. Your break in probably is one of the rooms which is lucky to have 2-3 tables running, which means you probably will have a lot of shifts where you get in maybe 4-5 30 minute downs and then are sent home. I did some numbers for a poker room not long ago that was literally losing money. Not the way people think where slots would earn more than poker, actually they lost about 10 grand for a month because there were days where only one cash table would go and it would last 5 hours. No way they could recover the cost of staff, let alone the shared services they get charged (security, beverage, IT, etc).

Banquet server is a better choice, they are always looking for people and since they have such shortages they end up hiring "questionable" (ie, probably illegal) workers to do it. Pay is union scale too, should work for your schedule since you aren't counting on 40 hours a week of it. Pay is a bit of a drag because you have to put in some hours of untipped work (setup and clean up), but the tips you do get aren't bad. Do it for awhile and you can get on the union schedule to do something else that pays better.

I ran into a guy who did the banquet thing for a while, got burned out, left and was going to get back in because the money was so good. Yes union pay plus tips. Do a double shift of breakfast/lunch or lunch/dinner and make some good money.

He you can get in a few different companies and work 7 days a week if you wanted. It peaked my interest.

In terms of dealing I wouldn't care where to start to get some time behind the table. Might take longer but so be it.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
It's too stressful to make a living. I cut grass and do landscaping in summer to make sure I have income for health insurance and taxes on my place.

I scour everything to gain an advantage even then it's never enough. Never. It's way too stressful.

Your lifestyle plays an important factor on deciding what needs to be done. Are you driving a luxury car? Do you prefer the finer things in life? Do you need great food?

Drewphin0

EOG Addicted
I think a professional is making upwards to 10 bets a day. I can imagine them having 20 or 30 wagers but when it comes to american sports, i cant imagine having that many. Also wouldnt u agree its hard to find that many edges in that many games? Well weekends sure you could get more wagers. But say someone averages 10 plays a day, say avg 200 a wager. That is around 2200 in action. I heard if you make even 3% roi that is a lot for american sports. And the number is more like 1% roi if you are good. So that would mean 22 dollar profit a day. I have tough time seeing a pro make that many bets and then bet enough. I mean if someone averages 25 bets a day on avg, and say bet 500/game... well that is good enough because that is over 10k in action. 1 percent is 100 dollars, 2 percent is 200 dollars.

I think it would be very hard to do it for a living unless you are betting at least 1000 a game. I mean some ppl can live on 20k, other ppl 50k, others 100k, others much more etc. But i have tough time thinking much people can avg 30k a year when betting 1k units. So thats why i use 1k as minimum wager. If you betting 500 a game, if you are up 30 units for season which is a lot,

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
If you have strictly no other income and rely on gambling to live, you're minimum wagers need to be at least $500.00 a game. That's not even me really thinking about it either.

Most pros are just playing numbers for a lot more than 1k a bet if they can get that down. Most are risking 1% or less of their bankroll per game. ROI of 3% would be too little for most to pursue. Think about it, if you are playing into 15 different numbers, especially some offshores with -105 pricing, 3% ROI is like picking 52% winners. That would be asking for serious downswings on such a small edge, could very easily pick 48% over 200 bets and most pros would have to resize their bets in such a situation. Not saying it doesn't happen, but unless its a risk free 3% ROI, such as a tiny middle, no pro should be pursuing those under modern bankroll theories.

cheapseats

EOG Master
If you have strictly no other income and rely on gambling to live, you're minimum wagers need to be at least $500.00 a game. That's not even me really thinking about it either.
I always thought Sports was taking a slow a steady process combining wagers with other income so as not to bust out. Maybe I missed his plan, but seems he is open.

Drewphin0

EOG Addicted
Yea i thought 500 is absolute minimum but even 500 i think is too hard. I think its more like 1k at least. 2k to be comfortable in terms of downswings etc. I mean if you can avg 25 units a season which isn't that hard, that would be 50k with 2k units... definitely doable on avg yearly. But doing that with 1k units which is 50 units is way too hard and i doubt many ppl

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I always thought Sports was taking a slow a steady process combining wagers with other income so as not to bust out. Maybe I missed his plan, but seems he is open.
That is the plan moving forward. Slow and steady until i hit a 6 team nfl pleaser card....then balls to the wall.

Abundy

EOG Addicted
Are you an idiot Drew. You have to be sharper than the market. You have to be a prop better . Player props are the way to win money

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Found some nice part time work that fits my schedule nice. College football has been a good start. Last week had a good week going around and fading the biggest totals moves on the week.

NFL has been a small loser but my best week so far was this past Sunday.

Hit the Las Vegas Cigar Shop up. Wow I highly recommend stopping by this place if you are a cigar smoker. HUGE selection and the customer service was great. I recommend getting a cigar that "Rog" sells. One of the best $9 smokes I've had.

This week I have played these so far

wyoming +4
mich st wis und 40
mich st +10.5
tex tech +11
temple +6
houston +7.5
wash st pk
louisville +6.5
syr nc st ov 54.5
virg mia fl ov 44

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
#105 ul monroe/texas st over 60.5

Going to follow factsman's kid JJ on this next one. Going to play NYG team total over but only if I can get 10. Going to shop around town and if I can find that it's a play for me. It's the NFL anything is possible. The rain reports have greatly been reduced in the last 24 hours and Brady is due for some turnover regression. A short field score for the Giants is what I'll be looking for.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
working a couple security jobs along with betting and poker on the side.

Slowing playing more poker.

Found a new place as the lady I was staying with didn't feel like renting with the virus after I left town in March and came back in august.

Found a new place $550. Everything included
5 other roommates.
Perfect as everyone stays to themselves

Drewphin0

EOG Addicted
Where did you go from March till August?

5 roommates? At first i was thinking this must be a poker house or something but is it that or not? I have to assume it has to be that right? If not... wow I rarely heard of someone renting with 5 roommates if they all do their own thing.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Where did you go from March till August?

5 roommates? At first i was thinking this must be a poker house or something but is it that or not? I have to assume it has to be that right? If not... wow I rarely heard of someone renting with 5 roommates if they all do their own thing.
Went back to my hometown during that time.

Weird story. I was watching this guy on YouTube and he mentioned he rents out rooms and that one guy wasn't paying but he couldn't evict him based on laws passed. I send him a message saying if a room opens up I'd be interested.

This was in late June. Couple weeks go bye and he sends me a message if id be interested. I said yes and would be coming back in August.

It was an old office turned into a living situation. 6 bedrooms and the garage is being converted into its own living space.

Only 1 other guy plays poker. Just tourneys at the venetian or the wynn.

3 guys work from home including the owner who only does youtube now since his job isn't coming back.

Last month he had his first 10k month from youtube.

Its just a space with a kitchen, no living room, and high speed internet which is included.

I barely see anyone which suits me just fine.

Drewphin0

EOG Addicted
Ah okay that definitely sounds a bit weird. I assume bathroom is obviously shared but there has to be at least 2 bathrooms right?. But isn't kitchen use a bit annoying then since that many ppl in the house?

Okay well I though at least one guy had to play poker there... would had guessed a few of them at least.

Is there much privacy there though like when coming in and out? I gotta assume this is either summerlin or henderson right? Heard its always those locations with homes with lots of rooms. Would you say this room situation is probably the best for you? Seems pretty nice. But im very surprised this many guys rent a house together and this isn't like a poker house. I