EOG Master
Re: Vols taking rapists in foots

Guessing he pleaded to the Judge the victim "Volunteered"

Let me see

Goodrich killed 2 guys with a car and is prison

Little killed a woman with a car and spent time in prison

Great thing about playing in Knoxville is the color of Orange makes it easy
to fit into the Penal system

Fuck Kiffin ... I hope this blows up in UTs face as he is an ass and I watched the interview they had with Tebow and Kiffin was a complete ass ....

I never used to give a shit about Tenneessee .. I do now as I am a Univ of Ia fan and Ferentz runs a class operation without the lip service

Kiffin is a big mouth punk who runs and hides behind Monte and I hope Urban and Saban beat the shit out of this ass on a yearly basis

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Cee:

Lane likes to "train em early" to get into the UT Penal System

"We are looking for young talent we don't have to train ..."

mofome

Banned

The date comes simultaneously with ease and torment for Daniel Hood.

It will not be forgotten. Not by Hood. It's the period that changed his life forever.

Changed Hood from just another teenager to a child temporarily in the custody of Department of Children's Services.

Changed a cousin from close friend to victim.

Changed Hood. Forever. Now almost six years later, Hood is forging ahead in a new direction in his life. On Tuesday, the Tennessee Class 3A Mr. Football award winner signed scholarship papers with the University of Tennessee.

Then, smiling but nervous, patient but passionate, Hood told his tale. Of climbing up from life's depths. Of living with guilt. Of mending relationships with friends and family -- and yes, his cousin unwittingly at the center of this storm.

"It was tough emotionally, and there were times like I said, you don't even know. You're thinking well, this is just football. Why go through this for that," said Hood, bouncing nervously in a leather chair inside UT's Neyland-Thompson Center. "But I've prayed about it a lot and it's come to this and I'm excited to go through it all.

"To really get the true emotion of how it feels, to say, you know, I'm playing at UT. I've had to climb a mountain to get here. When you get to the top it's just so much better to actually get there."

Because of an incident that occurred August 11, 2003, the lives of several East Tennessee teenagers and their families irrevocably changed. According to court documents, Hood's cousin was the victim of kidnapping and aggravated rape.

Because of his determined involvement in the incident at his family's home, Hood was ushered from his middle school classroom to state custody mere days later.

"I'd say the low point was Wednesday, August 15, 2003. I was sitting at, I'd actually gotten arrested at school in eighth grade," said Hood, tears welling in his eyes and a half-empty water bottle an improbable steadying force clutched in his hands. "They took me out of the principal's office in handcuffs into the car, and I could look through the windows on both sides and see people glaring out the window at me. So then getting into the car and thinking about all your friends, how many friends you would lose, the emotions of that, was horrible. Then getting to the detention center and talking to my dad on the phone. As a 13-year-old, my dad was the greatest person in the world and still is to me. You just kind of feel insignificant to him.

"And then talking to my cousin afterwards, I called her the next day, and hearing the pain in her voice then. The conversation with her, I was apologizing for what had happened and I said, 'You know I love you. You're family.' And I remember her last words to me were, 'Well, evidently last night you weren't family to me.' And she hung up the phone. Hearing that at 13 years old and she's grown up like a sister to me, it was tough. It tore me apart. That period over about three days, it was awful."

Because of what his father, Tri-Cities area bail bondsman Allyn Hood, termed an attorney's error, the document has been unsealed in Tennessee's courts system and made available in an online database.

Because of this collective horrific series of events chronicled in the document, Hood saw his recruitment peak last summer -- when some 27 colleges had extended scholarship offers -- and bottom out as news of his past trickled from keyboards across the college football sphere.

"When I first talked to the coaches at the University of Mississippi, they were talking about players with character and that he thought I was one of them. I stopped him and said, 'Well coach, before we start talking about players with character, I want you to know this was in my past and this is where I have come since then,'" Hood recalled. "He and I ended up talking for two and a half hours that night. It was a trying process. I had a lot of ups and downs. At the end of the day would I go through it again (the recruiting process). I don't know because it was that hard emotionally to go through.

"But being here now and being able to sign your name to a full scholarship to Tennessee speaks a lot for itself. Without being drug through the mud the whole time and making it to the top, I don't think I would appreciate it as much as I do now."

While Hood's past remains a point of contention for those outside the family of the honor student with a 3.8 GPA and 27 on the ACT, Hood insists his family has reconciled. His cousin penned a letter on his behalf to the University of Tennessee, according to UT officials. Hood said they've begun to reconnect after a court order had prevented contact for years.

"The actual victim in the case, my cousin, she wrote a letter saying she supported me in the actual college decision that I made and part of the decision to really try to go somewhere where I'm going to be tested in every aspect of the game was because of her," said Hood. "Because, with all of this coming back out, it doesn't only affect me; it's going to affect her, too, because people are going to start bringing it back up to her. Reliving everything through her. When she really gave me her support, that was a big thing emotionally. I felt like I just had to do it.

"We'd been talking a little bit and just talking. She was like, 'You know, I really support you.' After talking about it, I actually asked her to write it down so that when I was talking to people, they weren't like, 'Oh, he's just making that up.' We went over there around Christmas and she has a young son now. We went over there to see him. While we were there, we caught up on things and got the letter."

Catholic school officials didn't have such a letter three years ago when Hood sought admission to the school. What Catholic principal Dickie Sompayrac did have was a conflicted heart until he began to vet Hood's past.

"We did a lot of research. We talked to a lot of people from every stop along the way that Daniel had. We obviously met with Daniel and his dad and I will tell you the initial thought and reaction from us not knowing Daniel at all was probably similar to people who read the document on line and that was no way," Sompayrac said. "But the more we looked into Daniel and talked to more people, Vic Wharton is someone I want to mention. He worked at Mountain View and is an assistant coach at Webb and he is a guy who I have known for a number of years. He had obviously worked with Daniel at Westview. He and I met four or five times over a two week period and I would say that he played an important role for me and our school in making the decision on Daniel. What we heard from everybody was the same message. This is a great kid that deserves an opportunity. We took a chance and we feel like being able to go to bat for Daniel has been easy because we have a three-year track record with him. He has a 3.8 GPA and a 28 on the ACT. An outstanding school citizen. His teachers rave about Daniel and he is respected by his peers. We are willing to stake our on reputation on Daniel's character."

That character, Hood professes with an almost-pleading earnestness, has evolved dramatically since the incident.

"When I think of me myself now, I'm nobody without my faith," Hood said. "I'd say the one thing that makes me significant is my faith. It's not something I take lightly, like, 'Oh yeah, I go to this church.' I go to Catholic churches and other churches, too. And I've been thinking about studying theology in college. I think that's one of the things that defines me. From the past incident, I'm more of a mature person. The childish things I don't really care about. The silly pranks and things like that, I don't care very much about.

"I've just changed a lot mentally since then. With that incident happening, the one thing I really felt the most from it, was the absence in my life of Christ. So that was the first thing. Then going into Christ, I see what virtues He had that I didn't. Being a Christian, I wanted those virtues. Those are virtues I wanted to develop. Because of that I've developed a lot of the virtues and it's made me a better person since then."

Hood's virtues likely have been tested by this process. After Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin initiated first contact in December, Hood steadfastly answered every question of countless University of Tennessee officials from athletics director Mike Hamilton to public relations director Tiffany Carpenter to Richard Bayer, assistant provost for enrollment services who has oversight over undergraduate admissions among myriad other responsibilities.

"Daniel made a terrible mistake a number of years ago and was involved in a very bad thing," Hamilton said. "He's very remorseful and has worked hard to turn his life around. Catholic High gave him a second chance, and he lived up to expectations. We feel like he has earned the chance to continue that."

Added Kiffin, "We didn't go about this lightly. We spent a lot of time researching the issue and talking to a lot of people who are well respected in the community. Everyone spoke very highly of Daniel. He's a very bright young man who wants to move past this incident and be a good representative for the team, the university and the community."

Hood was happy for the opportunity to reveal his character to those aforementioned UT representatives and anyone else.

"Really, Mike Hamilton just wanted to get a feel for who I was. He had Kiffin telling him one thing, but when you read the 21-page report on the Internet, you get a certain idea of me," Hood said. "He had this idea of me from the report and this idea from coach Kiffin, and so he wanted to get to know me so that he could form his own idea.

"He formed his, and I think that's when athletics were like, 'You know what? I really think we can do this.' And then I met with Mrs. Carpenter because her job here is pretty tough at UT. She needed to know who I was."

Mark Pemberton, Hood's coach for at Catholic for three seasons that culminated in 2008's unblemished 15-0, Class 3A state championship, saw as much from Hood through their almost-daily interaction.

"He's pretty tough-minded," Pemberton said. "He's gone through a lot. He totally understands where the schools are coming from on this stuff and he's really proud of this opportunity. He's really looking forward to playing at Tennessee."

With the support of his family and a faith that he said inspired "seven or eight" readings of the Bible during a two-year span, Hood has advanced past a dark hour in his and the lives of others. He'll wear Tennessee orange and play in Neyland Stadium, much to the delight of family members whom Hood described as "all Tennessee."

He knows he'd even like to have a special guest when the Vols open their 2009 season on Sept. 5 at home against Western Kentucky.

"If (the cousin and victim) is able to come, that would be great. Thinking about it, definitely I'd like her to be there because she is one of the biggest supporters of me," Hood said. "That would be probably one of the best ways to really say thank you to her."

To perhaps add another memorable date for the two relatives, one that brings only pleasant memories of life's new journeys.

he wsa 12? come on now cee.

what u mean pal

you raped your cousins with plungers and tied her down to a bed naked? Not me. I learned right from wrong by about 6 yrs old
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Guessing he pleaded to the Judge the victim "Volunteered"

Let me see

Goodrich killed 2 guys with a car and is prison

Little killed a woman with a car and spent time in prison

Great thing about playing in Knoxville is the color of Orange makes it easy
to fit into the Penal system

Fuck Kiffin ... I hope this blows up in UTs face as he is an ass and I watched the interview they had with Tebow and Kiffin was a complete ass ....

I never used to give a shit about Tenneessee .. I do now as I am a Univ of Ia fan and Ferentz runs a class operation without the lip service

Kiffin is a big mouth punk who runs and hides behind Monte and I hope Urban and Saban beat the shit out of this ass on a yearly basis

i saw E 60 on goodrich.

Was interesting there. Killed 2 people while they were on the side of the road helping a victim trapped inside an overturned car.

the car in front of him stopped hard and swerved so he went into the opposite lane. Something i usually do. Guess it could have happened to any one of us. Not really sure tho.

The weirdest thing was he said he didn't realize he hit someone. They showed a pic of his car and it was wrecked bad. Glass was busted, front end of his car was smashed in bad. He said he thought it was debree. He's either lying or dumb as a box of rocks.

A lot of college programs take players with questionable backgrounds as most are from poor neighborhoods. And the kids are raised in the ghetto. But ya gotta draw the line somewhere. Rape is one where i would pass on in .5 seconds.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

mofome

Banned

what u mean pal

you raped your cousins with plungers and tied her down to a bed naked? Not me. I learned right from wrong by about 6 yrs old

People change, I don't know all of the details, but the girl has forgiven him and so have others who were involved.

mofome

Banned

Yeah the TN board went nuts when they signed this guy, I just didnt know why. 3 star recruit I didnt care to read about.

2348ji23e

mike499

EOG Veteran

How could family members ever reconcile after something like this.

WVU

EOG Master

he is garbage. When you are 12 you definitely know better.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Fuck Kiffin

Lane would be an ASST under Kirk at the Univ of Iowa

BRING IT ON VOLS!!!

Iowa is 3-1 vs the SEC on New Years Games in this decade and
can guarantee ya this fall the Hawks would win 7 out of 10 times
on a Neutral field

Kiffin is a big mouth punk ... go run behind daddy's jock strap Junior

Amazing.

More and more I feel that colleges should be disassociated with athletics. Especially these powerhouse programs.

I watched as the athletic department destroyed the academic credibility of FSU as an undergrad there. It's happening at more and more universities and something needs to be done.

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

Looks like nothing has changed in Knoxville. New coach, same old fuckin thug players.

mofome

Banned

read more about what this kid did...

cant be on board with this move. i dont care what the kid has given back to the community,or if he ahs a 3.8, or if he goes to church and so on...this is fucking sick. I hope the guy gets killed before he reaches campus.

Where the fuck are the concepts of redemption and forgiveness? Where the fuck are the perfect people who have done no wrong? They need to step to the front of the line for the first stone-toss. The mutherfucker was 13 fucking years old. He's done his time and fully paid his debt for the offense. How the fuck much longer do the perfect people want this kid penalized? When exactly do the perfect people want to stop taking their daily pound of flesh from this kid who committed his crime as a juvenile? If the criminal justice system and the victim say he's paid his penalty, what the fuck does anyone else think gives them the right to want more? Or do we not want people to ever overcome their past and move on to become productive, law-abiding citizens? If you want to start branding people once they've made a mistake, be honest about it and try to change the fucking law to authorize branding. If you don't want to be honest about it, shut the fuck up and take your hate-filled heart to hell with you. . .

(Unless you're in voir dire for one of my client's trial; then, please let your hatred for others and desire to punish your fellow man be on full display)

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

Where the fuck are the concepts of redemption and forgiveness? Where the fuck are the perfect people who have done no wrong? They need to step to the front of the line for the first stone-toss. The mutherfucker was 13 fucking years old. He's done his time and fully paid his debt for the offense. How the fuck much longer do the perfect people want this kid penalized? When exactly do the perfect people want to stop taking their daily pound of flesh from this kid who committed his crime as a juvenile? If the criminal justice system and the victim say he's paid his penalty, what the fuck does anyone else think gives them the right to want more? Or do we not want people to ever overcome their past and move on to become productive, law-abiding citizens? If you want to start branding people once they've made a mistake, be honest about it and try to change the fucking law to authorize branding. If you don't want to be honest about it, shut the fuck up and take your hate-filled heart to hell with you. . .

(Unless you're in voir dire for one of my client's trial; then, please let your hatred for others and desire to punish your fellow man be on full display)

:finger004

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

anyone think this was on Urban's boys the "feedback" might be difft

I PRAY KIFFIN AND IOWA MEET ON A NEW YEARS BOWL GAME

Ferentz is a Pro ... Kiffin is Fonzie

One of the biggest assclowns Div I has seen the last 2 decades

Boston

EOG Dedicated

There are crimes that deserve death. The judicial system is a joke and that is no secret. Anyone who has spent time as a defender or in cuffs in the box knows this. Everyone knows the games that are played (how can I avoid this judge, can I get it continued to when my shitty judge is on vaca,) I have even known lawyers that have hid in the bathroom so it can't be brought up at that time. I'm not sure what pussy juvenile detention he was sent to but in the ones that I was in westboro,oaks d,worcester gym, rapists are sent to the icu period. Motherfuckers had three years to stab this piece of shit and couldn't get it done? If the system doesn't stand up for what's right it is the inmates job to make sure this cocksucker either dies or rolls around in a fucking wheelchair for the rest of his life. 3 years for raping a girl with a plunger are you serious? If his cellmate even had tiny balls attached to his body he would have cut this faggots dick off and shoved it in his mouth. I'm fucking disgusted

There are crimes that deserve death.

No, if you had balls and you really think that a crime that doesn't result in death deserves the death penalty, get off your fucking couch, and get on your fucking high horse and begin advocating for a constitutional convention so the Eighth Amendment can be modified. Good luck with all that, and by all means check in and give us periodic reports on your progress. . .:thumbsup:+waving-5

Boston

EOG Dedicated

No, if you had balls and you really think that a crime that doesn't result in death deserves the death penalty, get off your fucking couch, and get on your fucking high horse and begin advocating for a constitutional convention so the Eighth Amendment can be modified. Good luck with all that, and by all means check in and give us periodic reports on your progress. . .:thumbsup:+waving-5

You know that's not going to happen but I have accepted the system I was given. I'm just disgusted that he was able to complete his sentence without a life or career ending injury. Somebody should have killed him. I would have without hesitation. Not much they can do to a juvenile. After all you are allowed to rape your family members with plungers and get a little slap on the wrist.

Next time I visit a client in the pen I'll be sure and tell him that four years in prison is a "slap on the wrist."

Boston

EOG Dedicated

you tell your next client that rapes family members with objects that he is only getting four years and tell me he doesn't smile at you. Are you kidding I could do 4 years standing on my dick. You only do two days anyways the day you go in and the day you come out. Who are you kidding if you could get all clients of yours that are rapists four years you would be a very rich man. By the way raping kids is worse than murder

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

<table id="post2138000" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid none solid solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94) -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;"> 05-06-09, 03:16 PM </td> <td class="thead" style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #18 </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175"> OscarB <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2138000", true); </script>
EOG Dedicated

</td> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_2138000" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(43, 41, 94);"> Re: Vols taking rapists in foots
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1"> Looks like nothing has changed in Knoxville
</td></tr></tbody></table>

WRONG ... TENNESSEE HIRED THE BIGGEST JACKASS IN THE HISTORY OF DIV I ...

"DADDY ... WILL WILL YOU HELP ME?

FUCK KIFFIN ... COCKSUCKER IS AS LOW AS IT GETS ON THE COACHING SCALE AND I PRAY SABAN AND URBAN UNLEASH THE DOGS

BOTTOM LINE: HE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN A TOP 5er IF CAPT KIRK LEFT IOWA CITY AND I WOULD LOVE TO SEE UT PLAY IOWA IN A NEW YEARS DAY GAME ..,.

OHHHHH ,,, MY MISTAKE ... LIKE LITTLE LANEY IS GONNA TAKE UT TO A NEW YEARS DAY GAME

FUCK THAT ASSHOLE ... HE IS A GOD DAMN EMBARRASSEMENT TO DIV I

IMO in some cases rape of a minor is worse than murder.

IMO in some cases rape of a minor is worse than murder.

There's a difference when the accused is himself a minor. There is a difference between adults and children. The main difference which affects the criminal justice system is the way the mind works. To convict, the accused must be shown to have the mens rea necessary to commit the crime. Children's minds are different, not yet fully formed, and are not locked into a particular behavior pattern--facts which are distinguishable from adults. The Supremes recognize this; they have taken two cases for next term to examine Life Without Parole for juveniles where the offenses did not result in any injury. Get ready for a "cruel and unusual" holding for juveniles.

Boston

EOG Dedicated

There's a difference when the accused is himself a minor. There is a difference between adults and children. The main difference which affects the criminal justice system is the way the mind works. To convict, the accused must be shown to have the mens rea necessary to commit the crime. Children's minds are different, not yet fully formed, and are not locked into a particular behavior pattern--facts which are distinguishable from adults. The Supremes recognize this; they have taken two cases for next term to examine Life Without Parole for juveniles where the offenses did not result in any injury. Get ready for a "cruel and unusual" holding for juveniles.

Just feed these little pussies to the dogs. Plenty of dogs upstate that would have no problem raping these disgusting humans for hours and stabbing them to death when they have had enough. Fucking skinners disgust me so much I can't even explain it. It's more disgusting that other inmates let these pussies walk through the door on release day. It is an inmates job to kil all skinners period if one slipped by you didn't do your fucking job

never really saw too many people defend rapists. Awful troubling seeing that. Rape is worse than murder

Boston

EOG Dedicated

not even a question someone rapes my daughter I'll kill them on sight bare hands. If I know your a rapist we will be banging for sure. People get more time for drug crimes and getting hit with the kingpin shit than rapists. I will slaughter any rapist on sight. The problem is there are too many pussies that are scared to do anything to these disgusting people. In my eyes once you rape someone your not a person you are a fucking target

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

:cheers

Agree with everything you said. One thing religion does teach, that is useful, is that you should always forgive, especially with the people that he hurt the most have forgiven him.

Who are we to judge this kid, and say how horrible he is, if the people that he hurt the most have forgiven him?

We're not condoning rap in any way, shape, or form. We've all committed different degree's of wrong in our lives, and in some eyes our wrongs have been much worse than they may appear in others eyes. He's paid his dues and he's trying to change.

:cheers

Agree with everything you said. One thing religion does teach, that is useful, is that you should always forgive, especially with the people that he hurt the most have forgiven him.

Who are we to judge this kid, and say how horrible he is, if the people that he hurt the most have forgiven him?
:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

why am i not surprised seeing this response outta u :+clueless

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

why am i not surprised seeing this response outta u :+clueless

What does that mean? Why is that funny? You're a fucking clown Cee. Sorry if I disagree with you on this topic. I am not going to judge him, because he's paid his dues.

Rape is NOT worse than Murder. You have to be fucking kidding me. The person you murder WILL NEVER WAKE UP AGAIN. You have to be kidding me.

Would you forgive a murderer?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Cee you're a faggot. You get in debates with people and then just say "whatever, have a good day." You're a bitch. You can't handle when others have different opinions of you. I don't understand why Mo likes you, you offer nothing. Laughing at my opinion on this is comical. Grow up.