Wager monitoring software/spreadsheet

Santo

EOG Veteran
I asked this over at Fezzik's yesterday, but think it would be useful here too..

How do people keep track of their bets? Paper? Spreadsheet? A wagering program? I know about Wagerstation, but does anyone know of other software solutions for keeping track of their bets, open positions etc..?

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I think with any excell skills, a person could create something which caters to your needs, although, there may be some pre-prepared software as well available. I am not certain.

Chalk, If you can wait until Monday I will go looking for a program that is exactly what you are looking for; I remember finding it last year when I was looking for info to help with the RX Tracker room. I will have a look around later this evening and get back with you.

Glaken

Wagerstation is (www.wagerstation.com) is an excellent piece of software, but I just can't justify paying a monthly fee to track my bets.

The best will always be the Excel sheet you do yourself -- as you can tailor it to all of the different types of bets you make.

Stickie

EOG Senior Member
I had saw that name in a thread elsewhere erlier in the week. No way I'm gonna pay $25 a month for something like that.

The program I was talking about was free I THINK ..... I will find it later. I can also whip up an Excel sheet for us all to use, I was working on one earlier this month but got to a road block with the "count if" functions and need to go back in an figure it out....

Excel is crazy unreal if you know your way around it...

Glaken

Stickie

EOG Senior Member
Excel is great, but you need to log every wager in manually. There must be a program that can "read" the wager tickets and automatically log wagers for you.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
Pinnacle has a function--that lets you print out all (each bet)of your bets by the week or the month. I am hoping this is all the government requires (jackspn Hewitt).

Santo

EOG Veteran
It's useful to have an easy display of open positions, so for example if you bet some college openers on Monday and want to close them out Saturday, your overall positions are displayed (inclusive of bonuses etc..)

Glaken said:
The program I was talking about was free I THINK ..... I will find it later. I can also whip up an Excel sheet for us all to use, I was working on one earlier this month but got to a road block with the "count if" functions and need to go back in an figure it out....

Excel is crazy unreal if you know your way around it...

Glaken
Possible to throw in a component to log/track teasers as well Glaken. I'm comfortable enough with Excel to make a spreadsheet for a kid's lemonade stand. beyond that I'm clueless...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
I do it the old school way, pad of paper, usually legal pads, and pencil. These are on a clipboard. During some months I will have 4 clipboards, college hoops, college foots, NBA and NFL. Another method I use is printing the skeds for each individual sport from Don Best home page, online skeds. This is also free. They go on the same clipboard, but all action is written in the game slot. If I am swamped, betting a lot of games, I will use post its and enter on the boards after. This is the tedious but required admin part of the business, required but not very glorious. I imagine I will retire with this method.

Best Wishes...OF:+waving-5

SportsCrew Ryan

EOG Member
Guys, we have wager tracking software built into our lines page, it is not great at tracking parlays and teasers but it can be done. It does give you the ability to account for juice and will keep track of your entire bankroll and will keep a record of all bets placed indefinitely.

I would appreciate any feedback you may be able to give. www.sportscrew.com/lines/lines.php

Mods please feel free to edit post/link if necessary.

Thanks,
Ryan