Warriors vs Celtics….who wins the NBA title?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Before it starts…..haven’t ever seen this but multiple three day rests between games is baffling….never seen it…..

Let’s go Warriors….

boston massacre

EOG Master
As Long As The Lakers Aren't In It, It's All Good.

Did Terry Stotts Actually Think He Had A Realistic Chance Of Getting The Head Coaching Job In LeBron's LA-LA Land, While Going Up Against Darvin Ham ?

ouch

EOG Dedicated
Heim and Boston Massacre each make good points.

It will be easier for the Celtics to score, and harder for them to defend.

Hard to bet on this series.....sit back and enjoy it!

kane

EOG master
Of course I'll be rooting for the Celtics, but the thing I keep thinking about is how not one player on their roster has ever played in a finals game, whereas G St has been there and done that many times, besides the experience edge G St has, another thing I keep thinking about is how the C's finally reached the finals after losing in the ECF's so many times, Smart and Brown had been 0-3 in the ECF's and Tatum was 0-2, Horford had played more playoff games without a finals appearance of any player in league history, and for as great a job as Udoka has done, he's a rookie coach going against Steve Kerr who's coached a ton of finals games, and as odd as it sounds I'm a little concerned the C's are just "happy to be there", The Warriors best players aren't getting younger and they might play with a sense of urgency that Boston doesn't match. I think Boston matches up really well with them defensively, and even though at times shots don't fall, defense travels, so that alone will give them a chance, and if they're knocking down their three's this will be a competitive series, but it isn't often you get this type of experience edge in the finals. I hope I'm wrong, but I think G St ends up winning. Not sure I want to lay 155, so I'll hope Boston takes game 1, then make a series play on G St at a better price

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
It will be easier for the Celtics to score,
From a physicality standpoint, yes, the Heat are probably the most physical defense in the league, but don't sleep on G St's D either, Boston led the league in defensive FG%, but G St was second, and as far as defending the three, Boston led the league in defensive three point percentage, but G St was sixth

Heim

EOG Master
A lot depends on the supporting cast, the 'stars' will get theirs. In the DAL series, when Finney-Smith and Bullock
showed up, they won.

GSW need Thompson to step up like GM7, but post surgery, no guarantee anymore. Plus Poole, like
the Dallas cast, can be hit and miss.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Heard through the grapevine that Jerry West thinks the Celtics will beat the Warriors.

Of course, West's opinion may be influenced by sour grapes.

West and the Warriors did not part amicably.

railbird

EOG Master
has their been a close game in any playoff game? march madness? havent seen a close game in long time in any basketball game

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
There's 2 Days Off Between Each Game.

Except Between Games 3 and 4, Which Has 1 Day Off.

The drawn-out schedule favors the older stars on the Warriors.

Curry is 34 while Thompson and Green are each 32.

On the other side, Tatum is 24, Brown is 25 and Smart is 28.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If you played the 2022 NBA Finals matchup in 2023, I'm confident the Celtics would win.

However, Golden State's trio of Curry, Thompson and Green may have one more championship in them.

Like the Eastern Conference Finals, these are two teams you want to support, not fade.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The drawn-out schedule favors the older stars on the Warriors.

Curry is 34 while Thompson and Green are each 32.

On the other side, Tatum is 24, Brown is 25 and Smart is 28.

One Boston player who benefits from the extra rest is 35-year-old Al Horford.

Thought I better add that nugget before KANE came crashing over my back for an easy tip-in.

kane

EOG master
Boston will be the best team GS has played in these 2022 playoff
Agreed, and while I give the edge to G St due to their experience, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Boston won, to me it all comes down to whether the C's are making their three pointers, and they also need to be careful with the ball and limit their turnovers

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
If you played the 2022 NBA Finals matchup in 2023, I'm confident the Celtics would win.

However, Golden State's trio of Curry, Thompson and Green may have one more championship in them.

Like the Eastern Conference Finals, these are two teams you want to support, not fade.

JK- Do the Warriors keep Wiggins and his contract next year, being that they have Curry, Thompson, Poole, Green and Wiseman?

Wiggins will make 32 million next year, and is the big reason they are close to 40 million over the cap.

So- with the luxury tax penalties- Wiggins contract next year will cost them over 100 million.

Additionally, there’s a higher tax for teams known as repeat offenders. Repeat offenders are defined as teams that have paid luxury taxes in at least three of the prior four seasons.

For repeat offenders, the luxury tax breaks down as follows:

• For teams between $0 and $4,999,999 over the cap, the tax rate is $2.50 for every dollar over the cap.
    • The incremental maximum for this level is $12.5 million.
  • For teams between $5,000,000 and $9,999,999 over the cap, the tax rate is $2.75 for every dollar over the cap.
    • The incremental maximum for this level is $13.75 million.
  • For teams between $10,000,000 and $14,999,999 over the cap, the tax rate is $3.50 for every dollar over the cap.
    • The incremental maximum for this level is $17.5 million.
  • For teams between $15,000,000 and $19,999,999 over the cap, the tax rate is $4.25 for every dollar over the cap.
    • The incremental maximum for this level is $21.25 million.
  • And for teams $20,000,000 over the cap or above, the tax rate is $4.75 for every dollar over the cap, and increasing $0.50 for each additional $5,000,000 over $20,000,000.

boston massacre

EOG Master
JK- Do the Warriors keep Wiggins and his contract next year, being that they have Curry, Thompson, Poole, Green and Wiseman?

Wiggins will make 32 million next year, and is the big reason they are close to 40 million over the cap.

So- with the luxury tax penalties- Wiggins contract next year will cost them over 100 million.

Additionally, there’s a higher tax for teams known as repeat offenders. Repeat offenders are defined as teams that have paid luxury taxes in at least three of the prior four seasons.

• For teams between $0 and $4,999,999 over the cap, the tax rate is $2.50 for every dollar over the cap.
  • For teams between $5,000,000 and $9,999,999 over the cap, the tax rate is $2.75 for every dollar over the cap.
  • For teams between $10,000,000 and $14,999,999 over the cap, the tax rate is $3.50 for every dollar over the cap.
  • For teams between $15,000,000 and $19,999,999 over the cap, the tax rate is $4.25 for every dollar over the cap.
  • And for teams $20,000,000 over the cap or above, the tax rate is $4.75 for every dollar over the cap, and increasing $0.50 for each additional $5,000,000 over $20,000,000.

If I Was A Billionaire Owner, I Wouldn't Give A Shit About That Luxury Tax.

I'd Tell The Basketball Gods On My Team, That I Want To Keep On Winning, Winning, and Winning.

That Winning Increases The Equity In The Team.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Don't follow the luxury tax implications in the NBA, but I know they are a big factor in the way some teams operate.

I'm trying to figure out the fickle ladies of the WNBA.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I think it was Kane that said the Celtics are just happy to be in the finals….give me the guys who have been there before and won….Boston has nobody that has been to the promised land…

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I'm a little concerned the C's are just "happy to be there"

Unlike JK I am not afraid to poke the bear or kane as it were. This is lazy and stupid. Celtics didn't survive Miami to lift the "happy to be here" trophy. They are going to leave all their balls on the court to lift the real trophy. Experience a factor on the boot edge edges. Not Happy.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Only thing he can do is stammer and get mad. There are no facts or stats he can cite. kane made the mistake of using a non tangible, emotional argument. Same that JK did. But we'll cee. But we'll cee.