Was Booger McFarland watching a different game?

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
At the end of the game last night he stated. "Based on tonight's performance the Carolina Panthers do not deserve to be in the playoffs". Dun, they just played the #1 seed tooth and nail to a 3 point game. Gave it everything they had.

Heim

EOG Master
The whole crew is horrible....ESPN decided to make the game the attraction and not the announcers. Worse move since Coke changed their formula.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Jason Witten asked the same question last week.

Disappointed in Carolina's weak effort to reach field-goal range in the game's final 1:44.

Cam Newton was more like Clark Kent than Superman.

kane

EOG master
The whole crew is horrible[/B]....ESPN decided to make the game the attraction and not the announcers. Worse move since Coke changed their formula.

I agree, unfortunately I saw where ESPN is bringing them back next year, Witten really sucks

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
On a given Sunday they do have the ability and skill to beat anybody. They are not that far off. More depth here and there-some momentum. Kind of a schedule quirk but I think they play the Saints in week 17.

yisman

EOG Master
Reports indicate that Cam will sit the rest of the season now that Carolina can't make the playoffs (odds of less than 1%, and they don't have a QB).

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Taylor Heinicke will get the start for the Panthers.

Big swing in the pointspread.

Carolina going from a 3.5-point favorite (CGT) to a 3-point dog against the visiting Falcons.

yisman

EOG Master
I'm surprised to see a big move.

I saw the notification at about 1:30 PM EST and I didn't think it was a big deal for two reasons:

A)The Panthers had no reason to play Cam anymore, so I figured it was logical he'd sit.

B)Cam could barely throw anyway.

It does take away the threat of the QB run but in terms of passing, this isn't a downgrade.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Tend to agree.

Booger McFarland was talking about Cam being an upper-body thrower.

Not only was Cam in pain for the past six weeks but it was painful to watch his inaccurate throws.

Cam's modest success is not because of his mechanics but rather in spite of them.