Washington Redskins

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Keep Redskins just change the mascot to the potato instead of the Injun'

Will not work, LOL because somebody will just call them spuds which would be offensive to potatoes. But, I like the way you think!

What about other nicknames which are not copyrighted? Americans - Soldiers ??? No? - Minutemen will not work as it will imply that the players have a sexual disfunction?

Wade

EOG Master
if they change the name, fans should wear redskins gear to the games as a form of protest. you can always get knock off gear.

cheapseats

EOG Master
You see how the leftist work. They get WA running from the name and now they go at them with sexual harassment. Textbook leftist radicals.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
What if Snyder would go the route of “I am proud to be a Redskin”!

tell the sponsors to shove it. Only want sponsors that are not jerks!

really publicize an awareness campaign of what qualities a brave Redskin has. Honor their heritage with stories of heroism.

Washington Redskins are proud of their football heritage - I guess Native American groups do not see that it is an honor to be called a Redskin?

Snyder just does not have the talent to be a good owner.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
What if Snyder were to suspend the use of the Redskin team name of Redskins until further notice?

Call the team the Washington DC football team for the short term?

Enter into negotiations to suspend and remove sponsors that are complaining and replace them if possible. Tell the existing sponsors they will only be accepted if they support the Redskin trademark.

Or is this just simply a money-making scheme by Snyder? To get more money out of the sponsors?

He would call them the Washington Nike’s for enough money?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
What if Snyder were to suspend the use of the Redskin team name of Redskins until further notice?

Enter into negotiations to suspend and remove sponsors that are complaining and replace them if possible. Tell the existing sponsors they will only be accepted if they support the Redskin trademark.

Or is this just simply a money-making scheme by Snyder? To get more money out of the sponsors?

The problem is the owners of Fed Ex are minority owners of the Redskins and are looking to sell.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

Unfortunately too late for that. And Danny Boy is too badly damaged now, to stand up to and for anybody. or anything. He'll do whatever he's told to do, to keep his ownership.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Adam Carolla.

Could they change their name to the "Red Warriors"?

Wouldn't have to change the mascot and the idea of a "Warrior" is a strong character. Or does the word "Red" still imply a racist narrative.

MrTop

EOG Master
problem is when you change the name it could do something to sales .. who is going to buy a sweatshirt that says : example red hawks, when the fans are use to seeing redskins. I would rather see a donation made. Does the value of a team go down now ?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
problem is when you change the name it could do something to sales .. who is going to buy a sweatshirt that says : example red hawks, when the fans are use to seeing redskins. I would rather see a donation made. Does the value of a team go down now ?
Value won’t drop, it’ll actually rise because it’s like a private club. Trump couldn’t get in.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

why not change the mascot to a potatoes. A tough looking potatoe.

I love some redskin potatoes along side a nice steak.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
They should not even consider anything that is even remotely related to any ethnic group.

Anything that promotes violence like Warriors must be out?

This is a real problem that is almost impossible to make the fans happy!

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
They should not even consider anything that is even remotely related to any ethnic group.

Anything that promotes violence like Warriors must be out?

This is a real problem that is almost impossible to make the fans happy!

Plenty of Power Rangers could be considered. Oh shut, they fought people with is violent so they are out.

Plenty of vegetables to consider. Vegan and good for you.

Is there a strong love of any particular vegetable in the Washington DC market? I'd go with that.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I like this solution - same colors - hold on to their tradition. Might be smarter to never pick a team name. Gotta hand it to them.
Does anybody remember much about the Houston Oilers? All that history gets lost and forgotten
Tell the people that were whining about the Redskin name to go piss up a rope. Get rid of those whining sponsors - buy out Fed Ex.

Rebuild with football people who know what teamWork means. Winning culture is important