"Watch me beat the closing line every day and usually by a lot"

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
No horse in this race, been reading his puck picks all the way back to when he first posted them at the RX.....

That said he made a silly declaration here. He could beat closers by a lot if he wanted to?

You don't have to focus on beating the closer, focus on being a long-term winner, if so that comes with it.

In essence his comment infers he can pick out inefficient lines but chooses not to play them unless it's some kind of demonstration for the masses??

Long-term winners don't focus on beating closers, they don't need too, that's often after-the-game tout talk.

Just win and you'll be beating closers, no special experiments are required.

No idea what his comments even mean, sounds a lot like square talk.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
No horse in this race, been reading his puck picks all the way back to when he first posted them at the RX.....

That said he made a silly declaration here. He could beat closers by a lot if he wanted to?

You don't have to focus on beating the closer, focus on being a long-term winner, if so that comes with it.

In essence his comment infers he can pick out inefficient lines but chooses not to play them unless it's some kind of demonstration for the masses??

Long-term winners don't focus on beating closers, they don't need too, that's often after-the-game tout talk.

Just win and you'll be beating closers, no special experiments are required.

No idea what his comments even mean, sounds a lot like square talk.

He has quit hockey 4 times this year, says it's all luck, lol.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
I don't care what his record is...read his tweets, see how he reacts, the only conclusion can be:

He's another brokester.

The End

rickste

EOG Member
Jammer you are bang on! His record keeping is fraudulent. Constantly missing recorded days where he losses. When the issue is raised he talks about how people have nothing better to do and live in parents basement. Guy is a small time parlay better who lives in sports betting from 15 years ago. Likes to preach his plays are FREE. We all know losing plays long term from someone with NO long term edge is NOT free. If you cannot keep accurate records do not display it. If you cannot keep accurate records what does that say about your attention to detail when handicapping. Oh yea majority of his analysis is "narrative" based anyway.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Jammer you are bang on! His record keeping is fraudulent. Constantly missing recorded days where he losses. When the issue is raised he talks about how people have nothing better to do and live in parents basement. Guy is a small time parlay better who lives in sports betting from 15 years ago. Likes to preach his plays are FREE. We all know losing plays long term from someone with NO long term edge is NOT free. If you cannot keep accurate records do not display it. If you cannot keep accurate records what does that say about your attention to detail when handicapping. Oh yea majority of his analysis is "narrative" based anyway.

All those write ups are copied and pasted. The problem is, he doesn't fact check them.

In a write up during the NCAA basketball season, he had Shaka Smart still coaching at Texas, until a poster on Twitter told him he is at Marquette now.

rickste

EOG Member
May 8th no record updated May 9th no record updated. Winning day or losing day irrelevant however if you are going to promote your self administered record year after year it should at minimum be accurate. You want to be totally transparent as he likes to believe he is log your bets at bet stamp and you will get more followers. Your comment about basic fundamental inaccuracies in his write ups it would be a full time job of Daniel Dale of CNN to document it all. What is the saying those that live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Here's a beauty- 1-4 but says he won 8.28 Units. Yup
sherwood

@sportswagers3
·
Apr 19

Yesterday #MLB Tampa Bay -1½ +110 [IMG alt="✖️"]https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2716.svg[/IMG] Pittsburgh +173 [IMG alt="✖️"]https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2716.svg[/IMG] #NBA Tor/Phil under[IMG alt="✔️"]https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2714.svg[/IMG] GS/Sen under [IMG alt="✖️"]https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2716.svg[/IMG] Dal Utah under[IMG alt="✖️"]https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2716.svg[/IMG] Toronto + 7½ [IMG alt="✖️"]https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2716.svg[/IMG] 1-4 +8.28 units

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
May 8th no record updated May 9th no record updated. Winning day or losing day irrelevant however if you are going to promote your self administered record year after year it should at minimum be accurate. You want to be totally transparent as he likes to believe he is log your bets at bet stamp and you will get more followers. Your comment about basic fundamental inaccuracies in his write ups it would be a full time job of Daniel Dale of CNN to document it all. What is the saying those that live in glass houses should not throw stones.

A Daniel Dale reference.

Funny stuff, RICKSTE.

Bushay

NHL Expert
All those write ups are copied and pasted. The problem is, he doesn't fact check them.

In a write up during the NCAA basketball season, he had Shaka Smart still coaching at Texas, until a poster on Twitter told him he is at Marquette now.
Copied and pasted from where? Do you mean those aren't his plays? Who's plays are they?

rickste

EOG Member
People free plays are NOT free plays if the person providing them has no long term edge as is the case with this idiot. In fact you are better off paying for picks with someone that has an edge in a particular sport. Free picks from a loser costs you money. BTW I NEVER recommend paying anyone for picks but if you are going to harp that losing picks are free so whatever that person does is acceptable including fraudulent record keeping well you are way off base.

rickste

EOG Member
It was 1-3 in MLB Clev was on the RL loser. Only winner was Bost. Irrelevant record has still not been updated for May 8th and 9th results and who know what else.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
The brokester has 3,500 followers. Only a few interact with him. Gets a few likes and if lucky a comment or two on his tweets.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
A Daniel Dale reference.

Funny stuff, RICKSTE.

What is very unusual is rickste joined this forum in 2010. Has a total of 4 messages. Now he is commenting about a tout Sherwood.

i agree with what he is saying but i find the whole scenario intriguing.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
No other of the tens of thousands of threads in the last 12 years got you interested enough to make a post but this one did. Mystifying.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Detroit +215 over Minnesota

7:40 PM EST. One report we received yesterday was that Eduardo Rodriguez was placed on the 15-day injured list with a left rib cage sprain and he was not expected to return until the beginning of June. He started last night and gave up a granny in the very first inning to put the Tigers in a 4-0 hole. Detroit would pepper Minnesota’s staff all night long with 12 hits and three walks, tied the game late but stranded 17 in an eventual 5-4 loss. We’ll come right back on the Tigers today with Beau Brieske (RHP - DET) starting.

Jesus, can someone tell this idiot that Eduardo didn't pitch last night, it was Edwin. No wonder he's -20 units, not even paying attention.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
A "reader comment' posted on the site. Can't make this shit up!

Reader's Comments​

See all » | Add yours »

May 23, 2022 08:51:13
Hi Sherwood, been a loyal follower for over 12 years and have to say that I have never in my life seen anyone have more bad beats than you. From that $500,000 proline ticket you got robbed in to yesterday’s PGA championship to 1000’s of games being lost in the final inning or minute, it’s not believable. Your selections are so good that you have to be extremely unlucky to lose while most others have to be extremely lucky to win. If things ever change, you’re owed about 10,000 units over the years and that might be conservative. Anyway, thanks for making me a smarter gambler.
Steve Z
Thanks.....I guess.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
A "reader comment' posted on the site. Can't make this shit up!

Reader's Comments​

See all » | Add yours »

May 23, 2022 08:51:13
Hi Sherwood, been a loyal follower for over 12 years and have to say that I have never in my life seen anyone have more bad beats than you. From that $500,000 proline ticket you got robbed in to yesterday’s PGA championship to 1000’s of games being lost in the final inning or minute, it’s not believable. Your selections are so good that you have to be extremely unlucky to lose while most others have to be extremely lucky to win. If things ever change, you’re owed about 10,000 units over the years and that might be conservative. Anyway, thanks for making me a smarter gambler.
Steve Z
Thanks.....I guess.

Prob his ghost. Can't be the Stevie Z I know 😉

Bushay

NHL Expert
Anyone who think's Sherwood isn't a winning gambler hasn't been following along very well. He used to send me stuff personally that never made his website that did nothing but solidify that too.
A lot of times he will get off a game [Dink would do that a lot too] as he capped those games most days from 6am and do his best to have the full card on the website by noon est that was just too late to add to the writeup. When injuries were announced or pitcher or goalie changes. Yes, he made affiliate money from the books and advertisers on his site but never charged anyone a nickel for his opinions. Believe what you want about him. Is he slow to update his record on the website? Probably. But if that's your main concern is if his record is posted on time, and 1000% accurate, it would appear to me, that you're only there to hate on the guy. Groovin used to have an issue with him because I guess he didn't advertise he was making money on the back end from his affiliates, but I doubt everyone would do that. If I played a game and he was on the same side those games won way more than they didn't for me. That's what I got out of his website.

I can tell you for a fact he does every one of those writeups every day himself. All sports. by noon daily. He then got into the streaming business long after he established himself. For the life of me, I had no idea how he found the time for all those write-ups alone.

He's got a Twitch channel someone turned me onto a while back. He shows you step by step how he works the books every night. I don't even know if he still has the channel but last I looked the archives were still there to view. He does podcasts as well going over everything. It's like some of you in this thread think he's out to cheat someone. lol. He's been around doing the same thing for over 20 years with that website. He plays a lot of poker too you'll likely never hear him discuss on his website or Twitter. Just use his information as another tool in your handicapping. I've seen the errors in the writeups, most of the time he had a brain fart and typed the wrong pitcher's name is all. I used to call him out as well with his writeups. He hung out and posted a lot in the RX Hockey forum quite a few years back. He was in our Fantasy hockey league for many years over there. That's around when I got to know him a little better.

I think Rockfish made the right call in post 143 above. Why the fuck would you even care about something so trivial?

MrTop

EOG Master
Detroit +215 over Minnesota

7:40 PM EST. One report we received yesterday was that Eduardo Rodriguez was placed on the 15-day injured list with a left rib cage sprain and he was not expected to return until the beginning of June. He started last night and gave up a granny in the very first inning to put the Tigers in a 4-0 hole. Detroit would pepper Minnesota’s staff all night long with 12 hits and three walks, tied the game late but stranded 17 in an eventual 5-4 loss. We’ll come right back on the Tigers today with Beau Brieske (RHP - DET) starting.

Jesus, can someone tell this idiot that Eduardo didn't pitch last night, it was Edwin. No wonder he's -20 units, not even paying attention.

he does his writeups way before tip off. So maybe there was a pitchout ?

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Anyone who think's Sherwood isn't a winning gambler hasn't been following along very well. He used to send me stuff personally that never made his website that did nothing but solidify that too.
A lot of times he will get off a game [Dink would do that a lot too] as he capped those games most days from 6am and do his best to have the full card on the website by noon est that was just too late to add to the writeup. When injuries were announced or pitcher or goalie changes. Yes, he made affiliate money from the books and advertisers on his site but never charged anyone a nickel for his opinions. Believe what you want about him. Is he slow to update his record on the website? Probably. But if that's your main concern is if his record is posted on time, and 1000% accurate, it would appear to me, that you're only there to hate on the guy. Groovin used to have an issue with him because I guess he didn't advertise he was making money on the back end from his affiliates, but I doubt everyone would do that. If I played a game and he was on the same side those games won way more than they didn't for me. That's what I got out of his website.

I can tell you for a fact he does every one of those writeups every day himself. All sports. by noon daily. He then got into the streaming business long after he established himself. For the life of me, I had no idea how he found the time for all those write-ups alone.

He's got a Twitch channel someone turned me onto a while back. He shows you step by step how he works the books every night. I don't even know if he still has the channel but last I looked the archives were still there to view. He does podcasts as well going over everything. It's like some of you in this thread think he's out to cheat someone. lol. He's been around doing the same thing for over 20 years with that website. He plays a lot of poker too you'll likely never hear him discuss on his website or Twitter. Just use his information as another tool in your handicapping. I've seen the errors in the writeups, most of the time he had a brain fart and typed the wrong pitcher's name is all. I used to call him out as well with his writeups. He hung out and posted a lot in the RX Hockey forum quite a few years back. He was in our Fantasy hockey league for many years over there. That's around when I got to know him a little better.

I think Rockfish made the right call in post 143 above. Why the fuck would you even care about something so trivial?
I never understood why someone would get upset if he was making affiliate money off of legal sites.

howid

EOG Dedicated

"Watch me beat the closing line every day and usually by a lot"​

"Watch me beat the closing line every day and usually by a lot"​

I strive to get close to the line in my daily endeavours ...

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Yesterday #MLB Oakland +125 [IMG alt="✖️"]https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2716.svg[/IMG] Minnesota +155[IMG alt="✖️"]https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2716.svg[/IMG] Colorado +150 [IMG alt="✖️"]https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2716.svg[/IMG] UFC Askar Mozharov +200 [IMG alt="✖️"]https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2716.svg[/IMG] Poliana Botelho +100 [IMG alt="✖️"]https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2716.svg[/IMG] 0-5 -10.00 units Today’s picks will feature MLB, NBA, NHL Always free w/analysis No gimmicks No signups

Uggghhh- Shit his diaper again. Look for a bounce back day. Let's do this!!!

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

MLB Historical - Last 30 days​

* denotes late pick

[TABLE]

Date

Selection

Opponent

Line

Units

Result

+/-

Jun 16, 2022

Seattle

L.A. Angels

+105

Jun 16, 2022

N.Y. Mets -1½

Milwaukee

+160

Jun 16, 2022

Colorado -1½

Cleveland

+200

Jun 15, 2022

N.Y. Mets

Milwaukee

+115

Jun 15, 2022

San Francisco -1½

Kansas City

Jun 14, 2022

Cleveland -1½

Colorado

Jun 14, 2022

Oakland

Boston

+185

Jun 14, 2022

Toronto -1½

Baltimore

[/TABLE]

0-8 -16 units in baseball last 3 days. No update on his site. No gimmicks, Integrity!!!!

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
I guess he's not a Phil Nevin fan, lol

sherwood

@sportswagers3
·
2h

Yesterday #MLB LA Angels -1½ +140 [IMG alt="✖️"]https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2716.svg[/IMG] Detroit -1½ +225 [IMG alt="✖️"]https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2716.svg[/IMG] Colorado -1½ +160 [IMG alt="✖️"]https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2716.svg[/IMG] #CFL B.C. -1½ [IMG alt="✖️"]https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2716.svg[/IMG] 0-4 -8.20 Today’s picks will feature MLB Always free w/analysis No gimmicks No signups http://sportswagers.ca

sherwood

@sportswagers3
·
15h

It's torture watching the Angels today. I can't anymore. I swear I can't.

sherwood

@sportswagers3
·
15h

That's a beautiful new hat you have on Phil.

sherwood

@sportswagers3
·
15h

Can never be too careful. eh Phil?

sherwood

@sportswagers3
·
15h

Leadoff double in the 7th. Two sac bunts should get him in, eh Phil?

sherwood

@sportswagers3
·
15h

It's no wonder the Angels are 14-33 over their past 47 games. It's a fucking disgrace watching them today.

Topics to follow