Wed April 27 - Baskin Robbins for a GREAT Cause

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
for those who live near one - you might wanna pay them a visit today between 5-10P. call to see if they are taking part in this - if they are - how can ya pass this up?

31 Cent Scoop Night

I did this last year - and it is for a GREAT cause. If they take donations there chip in a buck, or two.

louisvillekid

EOG Dedicated
Re: Wed April 27 - Baskin Robbins for a GREAT Cause

i don't even know if we have one in louisville area anymore. used to be a bunch, but most are gone.

same as earler's, used to be a bunch of those and they all went under

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Anything for fallen firefighters.

Thanks for the heads-up, Winky.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

yes thanks for the heads up winky..I have one right up the street

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Hypothetical situation: you're going on a first date tonight and you suggest a scoop of ice cream at Baskin Robbins.

Say you bought the 31-cent cones and donated a couple of dollars for the charity.

What would most women think about your actions?

He's cheap and he wants to avoid shelling out money OR he's charitable and thinking of a good cause.

Hypothetical situation: you're going on a first date tonight and you suggest a scoop of ice cream at Baskin Robbins.

Say you bought the 31-cent cones and donated a couple of dollars for the charity.

He's cheap and he wants to avoid shelling out money OR he's charitable and thinking of a good cause.

JK, I would say take her to a movie first and shell out 10 bucks for a popcorn and coke--now she knows you're a big spender and won't question the 31 cent cone after the flick.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

At first I would think she would think you are cheap for taking her to BR and trying to "go on the cheap" but then if you gave them a $5 donation odds are she would think more of this and be impressed. Personally I wouldn't care because if I did what I wanted and she didn't like it - HER LOSS!

Chessman - do Spike and Ernie eat Ice Cream? my bro's dog LOVES Ice Cream

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Choc Chip Cookie Dough
Snickers
Reese's

My 3 scoop choices................YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

She would think that you were so cheap that it was no big deal that you threw in a few bucks. You would get brownie points for being charitable, but no consideration for the big prize because you bought 2 cones for about $1.24. Of course, if she ate 3 of the 4 scoops, you might not really want the big prize.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I will disagree somewhat. She might think you are cheap but being charitable would help. It all depends on what you did on the NEXT date (assuming there was one). IF on the next date you didn't do something like this and went to a nice place she woul dlook back on this first date experience and think good things about you

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

That's true, but in parenthasis next to the second date is "if necessary", so it very well may not happen.