Wednesday trivia- MLB

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Barry's father, Bobby.

I was at the old Comiskey Park working as an Andy Frain usher the day Bobby was traded from the White Sox to the ?.

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
Barry's father, Bobby.

I was at the old Comiskey Park the day Bobby was traded from the White Sox to the ?.

Texas Rangers. I believe for Claudell Washington? I still can hear Piersall railing on Claudell, who became his favorite whipping boy.

People forget what a great talent Bobby Bonds was. Apparently alcoholism limited what should've been an even better career. But still, 300 HRs & SBs is pretty damned good. Only 7 others have done it.

Valuist

EOG Master
Beltran and A-Rod are both correct. We are up to 6 correct.

The last 2 are not easy. Kane may get one of them.

cheapseats

EOG Master
According to Ron Cey today, regular season 2018 was the first year ever to have more strike outs than base hits..................................

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Process of elimination .. take those who I know have hit 300 or more homers … I say it isn't Frank Thomas, Babe Ruth or Harmon Killebrew .. lol

Valuist

EOG Master
Mr. Top- I never would've gotten it either. Those last 2 are in pretty big company.

Bob- correct it isn't Thomas, Ruth or Killebrew.

kane

EOG master
Since you gave me the Reds hint I might have eventually guessed Sanders, from now till the end of time I never would have thought of Finley

Valuist

EOG Master
Since you gave me the Reds hint I might have eventually guessed Sanders, from now till the end of time I never would have thought of Finley

Agree, both were very solid players. I knew Sanders at his peak was capable of 25-30 of each; just didn't know he did it long enough.

Finley is really a shocker. But it is true.