What 13-15 seeds do you like for an upset?

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated
Just curious what 13-15 seeds everyone likes as a possible upset.

Mine:
1) Belmont over Georgetown - Georgetown has had terrible showings the past 2 years in the NCAA tourney. The selection committee didn't help in giving the Hoyas probably one of the better 14 seeds I have seen before. I also like the experience (important players are all J/Sr) factor for Belmont.
2) New Mexico St. over Indiana - I really think the loss of Verdell Jones III is going to hurt Indiana. Both teams play good offense and for the most part poor defense. I think the difference will be in the rebounding margin (New Mexico St. has a very good rebounding differential vs. opponents)
3) Ohio over Michigan - Dangerous matchup for a slower-tempo team in Michigan. Ohio likes to speed the tempo up through pressure and forcing turnovers. Ohio shoots the 3-ball well and defends the 3-ball well (something Michigan shoots a lot of)

also: South Dakota State over Baylor (got to love all the 3-point shoots SD st. has) and Detroit over Kansas (Detroit has been hot of late. They have a star in McCallum. I think Kansas' lack of depth and over-reliance on Thomas Robinson could put them in danger)

Re: What 13-15 seeds do you like for an upset?

I like south dakota too. Im sure alot of it is because thats my school, but if they are draining treys we will have a good game on our hands.

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Yeah, I don't like UVA's chances. Losing Sene hurt, since he was a monster on the glass for them. Now they don't have a true center they can use. Also, Joe Harris has not been the same since he broke his hand (which UVA really needs to complement Zeglinski's 3 point shooting).

I think Florida has the talent to be dangerous in the tournament. Whether they get it together or not is another story...

If you think 70 is crazy, you should have seen the weather last weekend... Think it snowed either Saturday or Sunday morning and then was high 60's/low 70's the next day. It is crazy how inconsistent the weather is here...

Heim

EOG Master

"3) Ohio over Michigan - Dangerous matchup for a slower-tempo team in Michigan. Ohio likes to speed the tempo up through pressure and forcing turnovers. Ohio shoots the 3-ball well and defends the 3-ball well (something Michigan shoots a lot of)"

If I can get 9-9.5 I'm probably on the Bobcats....they remind me a lot of the Maynor
VCU team a few years back....

btw...nice thread.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I think Belmont is as live as can be.

Georgetown with ten freshmen and sophomores on its roster.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I think John Thompson is a smart guy and he will be able to get Georgetowns attention that this is a big danger game

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

I think John Thompson is a smart guy and he will be able to get Georgetowns attention that this is a big danger game

Where was this the last 2 years when his team lost in the round of 64...

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

USF/Cal winner over temple............ I know only a 12

12s are always welcome. I honestly am struggling to figure out which 12 seeds I like for the upset. 2 of the 12 seeds that I liked to make runs (LB St. & VCU) have 1st round matchups that I don't like. I think I will have to take my yearly fade of Vandy in the tourney and take Harvard to pull off the upset.