What are opening odds of Chauvin being guilty of Murder 2?

dogball

EOG Master
I have kind of inside info here. Best friends wife is a defense attorney and him, her and I spoke at length.
First thing she sees happening is any attorney worth their weight is going to find out about plea agreements and protected custody possibilities.

The second thing they will do is file a movement of trial location on the basis that Minneapolis is not capable of a unbiased jury base. He or she will want the jury to be as white and away from the city as possible. Much like rodney king trial being moved out of the city.

The third would be a extension to collect counsel and evidence. She would extend it for years if possible and also would not allow any of the fellow officers testimonies to be allowed permissible.

If she can get all of these things she would advise client to take a plea for involuntary manslaughter.. cops arent going to get more than 2 years maybe.

She doesnt get the deal she goes to trial anywhere on earth she feels it's less than 30% hes convicted of 2nd degree murder in anywhere but Minneapolis (she says she wouldn't take it to trail in the actual city, it's a no win situation but also no judge, DA etc is in the city will want the case there either more than likely) it's a unprecedented crime for a cop to be accused of.

Video or not she would argue there was never a training video that didnt say you cant use a knee to detain a arrested suspect, she could have testimony of fellow officers of color to attempt to erase any racist ideology etc, theres a ton of avenues where she could see him being found not guilty on all charges.

+300 on 2nd degree murder
-150 manslaughter
You have No inside info, all standard procedures for Crim defense . Will be huge pressure to make A plea dealon both sides and yes protective custody a given. Look at what the incident incited, A poor result at trial could bring down society.
im not gonna look through the statue and elements required to prove 2 Nd degree but they wouldn’t have upgraded if they didn’t think they can prove it. Many statues have language “ knew or should have known , “ reasonable person “. The only fact that works in defense favor is he was working and the burdens are different. The trial likely will not be moved either but if it were it would be to a similar county .
every attorney tries to draw out time from arrest to trial , in this case it won’t matter or be allowed and forget about excluding fellow officer testimony unless it was taken improperly.
finally, look at the words he spoke with this animal on his neck , it’s incredible. He was defenseless. Even the absence of a training manual if it exists will be meaningless. He begged for his life, was cooperating at the time and this fuck will be convicted of an intentional crime 100%. Because that what it was a cold blooded murder, when additional facts are revealed about there connection to work it will only serve to support the intent.

Last edited:

MrTop

EOG Master
I don't understand Mr Top?

You asking about quality of the food?

I heard a baloney sandwich and 2 cartons of milk but can not verify.....

I was saying the cops in this case most certainly are high risk, kept in protective custody.

If not the inmate who took one out would be a "hero" I'd imagine.

i know the quality is not good. How well is the food secured ? I am would think they have solid prisoners making it.

dogball

EOG Master
I'm not a lawyer but I got "inside information", dude a few houses down is one...... :)

The fact he repeatedly was saying he couldn't breath might prove intent? No? When you go another 8 minutes?

No premeditation but I can see him being guilty of intentionally causing the murder.
Yes the video will be allowed to speak to his mind frame , intent and disregard. There is a 100% chance he is pleading out or being convicted of 2 or 3 . My guess is this pleads out before trial it’s the most sensible solution.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Yes the video will be allowed to speak to his mind frame , intent and disregard. There is a 100% chance he is pleading out or being convicted of 2 or 3 . My guess is this pleads out before trial it’s the most sensible solution.
Do you think they except anything less than murder 2 on a plea?

dogball

EOG Master
Do you think they except anything less than murder 2 on a plea?

Conceivable if it accomplishes a satisfactory mandatory prison sentence and the Floyd family is on board . Will be incredible political pressure to avoid trial because the defense will have no choice but to pick apart Floyd’s character, drug use , mitigating health factors if any , to extent admissible.
also the other officers will almost certainly cooperate against him and speak to his frame of mind.
the defenses leverage is the chaos that is all over our country, they will correct state what if you lose but
both sides work together , he’s gonna have to pay and in a way that satisfies public outrage

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Well if Ellison said it would be easy (like it surely will be) and he somehow managed to fuck this up he'd look like quite the ass no? They always sell their job to be more difficult than it is to make it out like they accomplished something when they do. He should be executed if he doesn't get this conviction.

Conceivable if it accomplishes a satisfactory mandatory prison sentence and the Floyd family is on board . Will be incredible political pressure to avoid trial because the defense will have no choice but to pick apart Floyd’s character, drug use , mitigating health factors if any , to extent admissible.
also the other officers will almost certainly cooperate against him and speak to his frame of mind.
the defenses leverage is the chaos that is all over our country, they will correct state what if you lose but
both sides work together , he’s gonna have to pay and in a way that satisfies public outrage
He had covid.

dogball

EOG Master
He had covid.
yes, was he symptomatic ? Did it contribute to the death, whose to say it’s a novel virus.
don’t know if that fact will amount to anything Because his airway being blocked for 8 minutes , each report will be written in w manner that supports their side. Did Covid contribute to his death ? Tough argument given his words are audible. Listen to them it’s incredible he begged and pleased 24 times

Bigrunner

EOG Master
everyone make odds and see who is closest to opening odds.

I spoke with god.

He said 1,200 will die from Covid if 777 is taken.

My line is between 777 & 1,200 deaths from Covid-19.

That's what God told me.

Also get Trump at -150 before he goes to +120. Got that info from God when he told me Trump was the early lock of the century to get reelected.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
They didn't even Indict the scum who choked Eric Garner to death, in spite of the tape. Convicting a cop in these cases is very, very hard.

yes, was he symptomatic ? Did it contribute to the death, whose to say it’s a novel virus.
don’t know if that fact will amount to anything Because his airway being blocked for 8 minutes , each report will be written in w manner that supports their side. Did Covid contribute to his death ? Tough argument given his words are audible. Listen to them it’s incredible he begged and pleased 24 times
It was sick and disgusting no matter what contributed to the death other than choking. Your area more than mine but I’m guessing plea for 3rd degree.

dogball

EOG Master
It was sick and disgusting no matter what contributed to the death other than choking. Your area more than mine but I’m guessing plea for 3rd degree.
Entirely possible. Just semantics what he pleado to provided sentence satisfies the mob and the Floyd family & their advisors on board .Hen will be spun well we have some nba and nhl to look at soon enough. ,,

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I spoke with god.

He said 1,200 will die from Covid if 777 is taken.

My line is between 777 & 1,200 deaths from Covid-19.

That's what God told me.

Also get Trump at -150 before he goes to +120. Got that info from God when he told me Trump was the early lock of the century to get reelected.
Drnk said there was 500 looters, is that as close as 777 people? What was your guess?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I have kind of inside info here. Best friends wife is a defense attorney and him, her and I spoke at length.
First thing she sees happening is any attorney worth their weight is going to find out about plea agreements and protected custody possibilities.

The second thing they will do is file a movement of trial location on the basis that Minneapolis is not capable of a unbiased jury base. He or she will want the jury to be as white and away from the city as possible. Much like rodney king trial being moved out of the city.

The third would be a extension to collect counsel and evidence. She would extend it for years if possible and also would not allow any of the fellow officers testimonies to be allowed permissible.

If she can get all of these things she would advise client to take a plea for involuntary manslaughter.. cops arent going to get more than 2 years maybe.

She doesnt get the deal she goes to trial anywhere on earth she feels it's less than 30% hes convicted of 2nd degree murder in anywhere but Minneapolis (she says she wouldn't take it to trail in the actual city, it's a no win situation but also no judge, DA etc is in the city will want the case there either more than likely) it's a unprecedented crime for a cop to be accused of.

Video or not she would argue there was never a training video that didnt say you cant use a knee to detain a arrested suspect, she could have testimony of fellow officers of color to attempt to erase any racist ideology etc, theres a ton of avenues where she could see him being found not guilty on all charges.

+300 on 2nd degree murder
-150 manslaughter
IDK where they can get a fair trial. This is why it is prudent to charge with the 3rd degree and raise it up with more facts. If they started out with the intent to murder, it would be harder to convince a jury of that. Minn doesn't have the best record of convicting its police. I agree that the defense will try to plea, unless they are convinced they have an "out" due to sloppy work by the prosecution.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I heard something last night I did not know.....

Apparently one of the officers had 4 days in the field. And the guy choking him was a 20 year vet, his field training officer.

It went on to say the rookie with 4 days asked once or twice "should we roll him over"?

I don't know if that's enough to get him off but it does change things a little for this cop.......

Should Ethan Hawk get same charges as Denzel? LOL.

Obviously still think the main guy gets convicted but maybe 1 or more of the other 3 have a chance to go free?

Will be interesting to hear what their defense is but offhand I think the" 4 day on the job" guy has a decent one....

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Conceivable if it accomplishes a satisfactory mandatory prison sentence and the Floyd family is on board . Will be incredible political pressure to avoid trial because the defense will have no choice but to pick apart Floyd’s character, drug use , mitigating health factors if any ...

Health factors, including drug use I can see, but do you think his criminal past will be be admissible in this trial?

I know you aren't the Judge but do you think it should be?

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Don’t really care about any of the other officers...just as long as the main cop gets jail time....

This is more my thinking as well. Be SURE and get the main MF'er!

Still tough to see the others walk completely free (if that happens) but civilians don't understand "rank" in police departments and the military etc.....

If the main guy was a 20 year vet and their FTO that could create a big problem trying to convict the other 3 "subordinates".

That's like an enlisted man stopping a full bird from doing something out in the field that he disagrees with.......

You won't be around long if you don't follow and respect rank in some pursuits, LE and military are probably 2 of the biggest.

Apparently one of the officers had 4 days in the field. And the guy choking him was a 20 year vet, his field training officer.

It went on to say the rookie with 4 days asked once or twice "should we roll him over"?

I don't know if that's enough to get him off but it does change things a little for this cop.......

Obviously still think the main guy gets convicted but maybe 1 or more of the other 3 have a chance to go free?

Will be interesting to hear what their defense is but offhand I think the" 4 day on the job" guy has a decent one....

Love the Ethan/Denzel analogy(y)

dogball

EOG Master
Health factors, including drug use I can see, but do you think his criminal past will be be admissible in this trial?

I know you aren't the Judge but do you think it should be?

Probably not, it’s interesting this Evidence question generally applies To defendants on trial as an example if Floyd were being prosecuted for the counterfeit money or a greater crime. are prior crimes admissible - only if relevant to current one is general rule
if Floyd has a jacket and a history of resisting arrest it’s more likely , absent that no . Only material details on whether his physical condition could have contributed to his death. I don’t think so because
no matter what when you cut off sir supply for eight minutes everyone’s going to expire.
if facts were different and he dies because Hands handcuffed behind back And he had a stroke that was activated from that position when a typical person wouldn’t have died.

dogball

EOG Master

Four day guy has a very good chance to walk and he should. He is the only one questioning what’s happening and with 4 days on the job is expected to Defer to senior officers. He should end up cooperating against chauvin

boston massacre

EOG Master
You Have 4 Patrolmen on Scene.

No One is in Charge.

Correct ? Or Not ?

1 Cop Doesn't Touch Floyd while he is on Ground, Pleading for His Life.

He is Charged with Aiding and Abetting.

How ?

What would have Happened after 2 minutes of Floyd being on Ground, and Cop who never Touched Him while on Ground, went over to Chauvin, and Ripped Chauvin off Floyd ?

Can Cop, who never touched Floyd on Ground, say to Chauvin.

"If He Dies, because of what you are Doing, I'M GOING TO BE FACING CHARGES IN A HOMICIDE !

I would have Ripped Chauvin off Floyd after a minute or so of him Begging, if I was one of the Cops at the Scene, especially since He was Already Handcuffed Behind his Back.

Need a Veteran Patrolman or Union Officer to Weigh In.

No One is in Charge of that Scene.

Would that be a Correct Statement ?

Or is the Patrolman at the Scene with the Most Senority in Charge ?

waco

EOG Dedicated
IF YOU THINK THE RIOTS AND BURNING ARE BAD NOW, YOU HAVENT SEEN ANYTHING IF HE WALKS OR ONLY GETS 2 YEARS. DONT FORGET WHITES ARE JOINING THE BLACKS IN THESE RIOTS.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
-500 at least. Something still stinks about that whole video. No, I'm not claiming tampering however I do think there was more going on than we have been told up until now. It was almost like it was personnel and all the cops had it out for this guy. I wouldn't be shocked if more interesting info comes out in the coming weeks about this once all the craziness settles down.
Lmao no shit. I think in the coming weeks there will be clear evidence of intent and motivation and could even get scaled up to murder 1. That video was fucking creepy the more I watch it. Something isn't being told and I think we learn at some point that this was more personal. I may be wrong but we'll see.
No idea but when I watch that video it just isn't right. I think there is more to the story and yes, murder 1 is obviously a stretch but I'm curious to see if more comes out about this in the coming days. It's too bad if they can't charge murder 1 because the cops deserve no mercy in this instance.

I'm 100% with you here Ray. Something isn't right.

It came out last week that at one point Floyd and Chauvin worked security at the same nightclub. The owner said she thinks they didn't know each other but they seems like WAY too big a coincidence to me.

dogball

EOG Master
So the buffalo incident. 57 cops resign in solidarity because the main cop pushed an old man for no reason, they simply don’t get it

boston massacre

EOG Master
I'm 100% with you here Ray. Something isn't right.

It came out last week that at one point Floyd and Chauvin worked security at the same nightclub. The owner said she thinks they didn't know each other but they seems like WAY too big a coincidence to me.

Floyd Worked 1 Night a Week.

American American Night.

Tuesdays.

boston massacre

EOG Master
So the buffalo incident. 57 cops resign in solidarity because the main cop pushed an old man for no reason, they simply don’t get it

If a Cop Tells You to Move, and you put a Finger in his Face, and Don't Move, what Do you Think is Going to Happen ?

I'll Guarantee the Cop was Following orders from his Bosses, in Telling the People to Move.

Have You Ever Done That ?

Been Told to Move by a Cop, and Did not move, then put a Finger in the Cop's Face ?

The Correct Decision, Would Have Been to LOCK HIM UP.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I would like to know more about the Buffalo deal besides the video. There has to be some seriously burned out police without much backing from the city.