What do you think are some of the most impressive sports records?

Hank Aaron 755?

Atlanta Braves 14 Division Titles - 13 early exits?

Peyton Manning ?

Cal Ripken Jr. ?

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
the guy who pitched 2 no hitters back to back.

MArtina NAvratilova and her 169 singles titles

Cy young 511 wins.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
I AM VERY SURPRISED IN YOU GUYS THERE IS ONLY ONE RECORD THAT WILL NEVER BE BEATEN IN SPORTS.ITS IN BASKETBALL

WILT THE STILT (100 POINTS IN A GAME NOBODY WILL EVER DO THIS AGAIN):+signs9-1

That guy from Tennesee Titans/Houston Oilers offensive line that never missed a game. His name escapes me. That one will never be broken by a lineman. Barely be broekn by QBs.

weebs

EOG Enthusiast
wantitall4moi said:
That guy from Tennesee Titans/Houston Oilers offensive line that never missed a game. His name escapes me. That one will never be broken by a lineman. Barely be broekn by QBs.

Bruce Matthews

Cam Neely 93-94
50 goals in 49 games when doctors told him he could not play in back-to-back games and limited him to two games a week.

UCLA Championships

Oscar Roberson's triple double avg for a season

Peyton Manning

gagne's streak without a blown save

Billy Hatchers 13 hits in the playoffs

greg Maddux 15 game season's

Roger Clemens Cy Youngs

Nolan Ryan Strike outs

Weebs-ya thats him, was just getting ready to post his name and I saw the response. Think it was like 300 games including the play off.

I know he played 19 years, so do the math. I got 300.(he got cheated out of 8 games during the strike year)

Not too many guys play 19 years, and most definately guys do not last that long in the trenchs. So the career in and of itself is amazing, the fact he never missed a game is astounding.

Ripken playing in however many games fails miserably by comparison. He wasn't getting beat down, rolled up on, thumb to the eye, bit, spit on, whatever goes on in those piles like this guy was.

Without question the most amazing streak in any sport, bar none.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Cy Young's 510 (or is it 511 - either way) WINS and 300+ LOSSES

think about it this way

a pitcher would have to AVERAGE 25 wins a SEASON for 20 years and STILL not break this mark - they would still be a dozen or so wins shy. keep in mind 32-34 starts for a pitcher at most for the season so now a pitcher has to win about 75% of his starts and NOT have a bullpen blow it (he better not pitch for the Braves, then) and i believe the last pticher to win more than 25 games was Bob Welch about 15 years ago. and to break the loss record - again - he would have to LOSE 15 games a season for 20 years and STILL not break it - and ANY pitcher who averages 15 losses a year for 3 years - let alone 20 - will be cut by his team and not long for MLB

just unreal when you think about the game today

Also "impressive" is AC Green playing his entire NBA career as a Virgin - and with all of the fine "tail" he could have shagged - wow! saw him about a month or so ago while reffing some YMCA league game in Long Beach (CA) and he was really quiet and didn't say much. a cool guy!

having said all that - i can see that being done before this one:

Johnny Van DeMeer's B2B No-hitters. throwing the 1st one - tough - but doable. then the next start you have - you must throw a CG - but you have to get the same lucky breaks as the first game. this means NO bad hops or texas leaguers falling in. this means NO bunt basehits or anything. and should you succeed in throwing a NO-NO you have only TIED the record NOT broken it. this means for your next start the ENTIRE WORLD media will be hounding you from the second your last game ends until you go for 3 in a row. again - no bad hops, texas leaguers, bunt hits, nothing. NO WAY! to me - this is tougher then Cy Young - although neither one will ever be broken.

Can't forget Fernando Tatis hitting TWO grand slams of Chan Ho Park IN THE SAME INNING! hitting 2 in a game is hard enough - but in the same inning. think about that. let's say he bats 4th in an inning - and comes up with no one on - and hits one out. he then has to hope his team scores AT LEAST FOUR more runs in that inning so they bases can be loaded for him again. and if that happens - what are the odds the manager will leave the SAME pitcher in to face the same batter again - almost NONE! doubt this will ever happen again - 2 in the same inning off the SAME pitcher

But for me - the ONE sports record that will NEVER be broken is:

in the last 1800s/early 1900s - they played AN ENTIRE MLB game with ONE baseball. stop and think about that today. now if a ball gets into the dirt - they throw it out. and this also means if a foul ball gets hit into the stands - the game is stopped until the ball is thrown back in. a ball fouled out of the stadium has to be thrown back - a home run ball has to be thrown back and what happens if the game is played in SF and barry bonds hits a HR into McCovey's Cove - that ball not only has to be thrown back - but the sopping wet ball has to be used again

to me - THIS is the ONE accomplishment that is the ONE sports record of them ALl that will NEVER be broken or tied

Scotty S

EOG Addicted
Lance Armstrong getting out of a death bed then winning seven straight Tours.

Joe D's 54 game hitting streak.

John Wooden(and his players) 88 game win streak, 10 (out of 11) Nat'l championships.

Harry Grebb, 294/7. Greatest fighter of all time IMO. He was a legitimate middleweight that fought many heavyweights. He once got out of a hospital bead, took bandages off his head and eye, and beat a heavy. He finished his career, from that fight on, fighting with one eye. He fought around the 20's.

Emil Zatopec. In the 52 Olympics he won the 5000 & 10,000 ON THE SAME DAY. To top the games off, he ran his FIRST EVER marathon and won that medal also.

Dr. White

EOG Enthusiast
Wilt Chamberlain: 20,000 groupies during his NBA career.

At one time it looked like Kobe had a shot at the record.

rainbow

EOG Master
BEANTOWNJIM said:
I AM VERY SURPRISED IN YOU GUYS THERE IS ONLY ONE RECORD THAT WILL NEVER BE BEATEN IN SPORTS.ITS IN BASKETBALL

WILT THE STILT (100 POINTS IN A GAME NOBODY WILL EVER DO THIS AGAIN):+signs9-1
Also he never fouled out of a game in his career.