What do you think is worse - Stiffing or Betting into a Bad Line?

Timetopay

EOG Master
As they all are bad but by looking at the stiff list my assumption is the majority went into it with decent intentions and got in over their head.

Some did and some did not and the fact they are not paying something is shit.

But I dont think most went into the transaction saying I gonna fuck this guy( i may be very wrong on this)

Betting into a bad line just seems like stealing to me. Cant figure out any other thought process someone would have except "I gonna fuck this person or this book"

Any thoughts?

WVU

EOG Master
Re: What do you think is worse - Stiffing or Betting into a Bad Line?

good topic. Some lines are not so obviously bad as others. Deep inside I think the onos should be on the book who puts the lines up, but I know shit happens.

So I guess my answer is it is all very subjective. Obvious bad lines are taking a shot. Betting a line of -220 when it should be -340 is not.

Stiffing is worse. Never blamed someone for betting a bad line. Only got pissed off when they didn't point it out.

cincy_

EOG Veteran

How about reporting a bad line?

A few years ago, I spotted an MLS game that had already been played was still on the board at a book. They had a Tuesday game listed for Wednesday.

I made a $5 bet then emailed the book telling them of their mistake. The book was grateful enough to give me a $5 free-play for emailing them. Not even $5 cash ... a $5 free-play.

After that, why would I care about a bad line???? If they have one up, fuck them ... it's their problem not mine.

If you're going to pull down your pants and bend over, don't blame someone for screwing you.

Timetopay

EOG Master

I understand the point on the bad lines but if you go into a store and they accidently put a xbox at $25 bucks instead of $250 would you try to buy 20 of them and fuck them or let them know?

If you try to buy them you are stealing. You know the fair price and no other way can u justify it ethically except you shot taking

Cannon

Banned

I hope to be on the stiff list someday.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Don't know why someone would bet into a bad line because you are setting yourself up to get screwed. A book can cancel if you win since it was a bad line, but can grade it if you lose. How can you really argue it whichever they choose?

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

STIFFING = WORSE

also, let me expand on Levels of stiffing

LEVEL 1 your book has absolutely destoryed you & you STIFF
still bad, and it's wrong but LEVEL1 Offender

LEVEL2 you have the funds & choose to Stiff
even worse

LEVEL3 You collect BIG the week BEFORE & stiff for smaller amt
Should be * * * * * * shot

LEVEL4 you are a BOOK or worse offshore store & STIFF CLIENT
should also ******* shot

Yeah, I know the "Charles Barkley" not always "PC" is coming out in me again

But, what can I say . . . . .

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I always gave a free play of 25 or 50 bucks to a player when a bad line was called in...if a bet was made online, I would flag the customer down and tell him it was a bad line and that he could keep the line at what he bet, but from now on his online betting privileges are suspended...never had a guy refuse to cancel the bet...

And you wouldn't believe the number of 100 dollar players betting a nickel or a dime at the bad number if they had the money in their account...

Books put up bad numbers all the time...mistakes do happen and the good books take care of the problems diplomatically...

cincy_

EOG Veteran

I understand the point on the bad lines but if you go into a store and they accidently put a xbox at $25 bucks instead of $250 would you try to buy 20 of them and fuck them or let them know?

what about a $250 x-box at $225? What if its $200?

Once I saw a college line (think it was Iowa-Minn) drop from 5.5 to 2.5. My local had it at 5.5 when I called. Is that a shot?

If a +10 becomes -10, that is a shot but "shot taking" is an excuse a book uses when they're incompetent and lazy.

It's not my job to educate them. They can make mistakes, but like VD said, they have to settle it diplomatically ... not by calling the guy a shot-taker but by admitting their own mistake and canceling the wager.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Stiffing is worse.............If you Stiiff that means you didn't live up to your word and fail to fulfill your obligations

Betting a Bad Line...........there is NO Guarantee you are going to win the bet so betting a bad line is worse

A book i play at had a bad line and like Cincy i reported it and they did nothing. so when they put up a bad line a few weeks ago i HASMMMMERED IT Hard! a FEW WEEKS ago Arsenal was around -225 in their Sunday homie with 'Boro but my book had a line of +100 on the game. i nailed it hard - but also didn't wanna raise too many red flags and bet it as big as i did my large plays so as not to raise any flags. Gunners easily won 2-0 and my book paid me off and to this day they have no clue and i will NEVER tell them

felonee

EOG Veteran

There are different degrees of betting into a bad line, what if the player calls into his book/bookie...hears the line he thinks sounds pretty good and takes it, but the player doesn't know about a key injury or what have you......does the bet get cancelled? No...

Stiffing is clearly worse

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Stiffing is worse.............If you Stiiff that means you didn't live up to your word and fail to fulfill your obligations

Betting a Bad Line...........there is NO Guarantee you are going to win the bet so betting a bad line is worse

A book i play at had a bad line and like Cincy i reported it and they did nothing. so when they put up a bad line a few weeks ago i HASMMMMERED IT Hard! a FEW WEEKS ago Arsenal was around -225 in their Sunday homie with 'Boro but my book had a line of +100 on the game. i nailed it hard - but also didn't wanna raise too many red flags and bet it as big as i did my large plays so as not to raise any flags. Gunners easily won 2-0 and my book paid me off and to this day they have no clue and i will NEVER tell them

Complete douchebag asshole move. Wouldn't have necessarily put you on that type.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

A few years ago, I spotted an MLS game that had already been played was still on the board at a book. They had a Tuesday game listed for Wednesday.

I made a $5 bet then emailed the book telling them of their mistake. The book was grateful enough to give me a $5 free-play for emailing them. Not even $5 cash ... a $5 free-play.

After that, why would I care about a bad line???? If they have one up, fuck them ... it's their problem not mine.

If you're going to pull down your pants and bend over, don't blame someone for screwing you.

You, on the other hand have always been kind of a douchebag that brings nothing to the table, so this is more expected of your sorry ass.

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

I always gave a free play of 25 or 50 bucks to a player when a bad line was called in...if a bet was made online, I would flag the customer down and tell him it was a bad line and that he could keep the line at what he bet, but from now on his online betting privileges are suspended...never had a guy refuse to cancel the bet...

And you wouldn't believe the number of 100 dollar players betting a nickel or a dime at the bad number if they had the money in their account...

Books put up bad numbers all the time...mistakes do happen and the good books take care of the problems diplomatically...

100%--AGREE

and

Let me add LEVEL 5 to STIFFS

The "Cat" that Bets $5000 one side & 5000 Other

Knowing full---well he will not pay the $5500 & yet collect from the other guy . . . . falls into to someone should be * * * * * * shot category in my opinion . . . .

Timetopay

EOG Master

Guys I agree with the big time stiffs who are going into it looking to stiff and fuck someone.

Im talking about the avg Joe who gets the credit account,gets over his head,and cant pay back compared to someone looking at thier screen and seeing Yanks +1200 instead of plus +120 and putting most of thier bankroll on.

As far as the guys looking for something for reporting that is your call but sometimes things can be done just cause u know its the right thing

Did u feel like u won the lottery when u got the 5 dolla free play :suit:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Timetopay

EOG Master

Complete douchebag asshole move. Wouldn't have necessarily put you on that type.

Winky is another turd.

They always come out one way or the other.

So you go to Publix and report a bad price on some groceries. They dont give you anything free so next time open up your purse(in winkys case) and throw in as much as you can

These guys are damn priceless

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

it was a credit book - i was down a decent amount for the week. at the end of the week the $500/figure is the cut off - up that much i get paid - down that much i pay. i was down over $600 and bet enuf to get me under $500 so i didn't have to pay that week

this book puts up shitty future lines and terrible soccer lines so i didn't feel bad about it at all. this is the same book that bends people over on futures. someone might be +10000 to win something but these guys will put it up at +20000 and think they are doing us a favor. if you are gonan fuck me over with lines like that (which i do NOT play - not even close) i don't feel bad at all about what i did. a REAL book like PInny (if i could play there), The Greek, Matchbook or a few others i would have reported it - but a book that i ONLY use when the line is in my favor - HIT IT HARD

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Winky is another turd.

They always come out one way or the other.

So you go to Publix and report a bad price on some groceries. They dont give you anything free so next time open up your purse(in winkys case) and throw in as much as you can

These guys are damn priceless

for the record when i go someplace and the person gives me back TOO MUCH money i do NOT take it - i let them know they made a mistake. went some place the other day and bought something for a tad over $5. handed her a $10 bill and she handed me back about $15 in change. i told her she made a mistake and gave her back the extra

Stiffing is worse than betting a bad line.

How about betting a correlated parlay ( many degrees of such bets, so a highly related one) vs. a stiff job ? The CP is akin to a bad line ( or can be).

I used to bet CP's a lot, but hardly ever touched a really bad line, both can be pretty much the same thing, if you think about it.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

stiffing > bad line

bad line bettors = stupid

slow moving line bettors = sharp

if you bet a bad line, then you are giving the book a freeroll.....not even going into the ethics of it there is no point in betting an obviously bad line. (exception to prop betting cause capping those lines are rough)

Never even thought of reporting the bad line.....always figured books catch them quick and adjust.....next time I know what I can do (and maybe get a small free play)....thanks VD!

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

it was a credit book - i was down a decent amount for the week. at the end of the week the $500/figure is the cut off - up that much i get paid - down that much i pay. i was down over $600 and bet enuf to get me under $500 so i didn't have to pay that week

this book puts up shitty future lines and terrible soccer lines so i didn't feel bad about it at all. this is the same book that bends people over on futures. someone might be +10000 to win something but these guys will put it up at +20000 and think they are doing us a favor. if you are gonan fuck me over with lines like that (which i do NOT play - not even close) i don't feel bad at all about what i did. a REAL book like PInny (if i could play there), The Greek, Matchbook or a few others i would have reported it - but a book that i ONLY use when the line is in my favor - HIT IT HARD

So, you "aboslutely hammerer it hard" means you bet it for about $100??? I find that hard to believe. You my friend have been caught in a lie or a fictitious story.

Add a third element in.

Multi account bonus whoring. 2938u4ji23

cincy_

EOG Veteran

05-13-09, 02:45 PM
Remove user from ignore listroyalfan
This message is hidden because royalfan is on your ignore list.
View Post 05-13-09, 02:47 PM

I see a couple of messages from Tej's butt-boy here. Is this guy still replying to my posts????? What a dumbass.

You're on ignore, moron ... get it?

The two should not be even mentioned in the same breath in my humble opinion.

With one the person on the receiving end has 0% chance of getting their money back (assuming that slow-pays, even extreme cases, are categorized differently). With the other, there is a chance that the bettor trying to take advantage does lose. Further, virtually all outrageous mistakes are caught quickly so they end up not hurting the book while stiffing always hurts the person on the other end.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Hines I agree somewhat but u are looking at the financial end. I am looking at the ethics end.

You are also looking at results like the mistake will be caught.

What if it is not. What if a player went up to BFC at the end of 12 months and said I fucked you on 5 bad lines out of 10 grand. Later Chump.

Compared to a credit player who got over his head 10 grand and started hiding.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

05-13-09, 02:45 PM
View Post 05-13-09, 02:47 PM

I see a couple of messages from Tej's butt-boy here. Is this guy still replying to my posts????? What a dumbass.

You're on ignore, moron ... get it?

Again you look like a fucking idiot. Nothing to do with Tej dumbass. Well discussed that I am a fan of the KC Royals. Not complicated, nor is it complicated to figure out you are a piece of shit, now adding shottaking on to your resume. Just complete scum. Acting like you have me on ignore, or worse yet putting me on ignore is a sign you cannot hang. Frog, OSU and WVU resorted to that also when they couldn't handle it.

:cheers

rainbow

EOG Master

good topic. Some lines are not so obviously bad as others. Deep inside I think the onos should be on the book who puts the lines up, but I know shit happens.

So I guess my answer is it is all very subjective. Obvious bad lines are taking a shot. Betting a line of -220 when it should be -340 is not.
Thank God you are back, WHO DID I STIFF? I want you to post it on the FORUM PLEASE................

J

joeybagadonuts

Stiffing much worse, ethically. If you know you don't have the money to pay, and continue to bet knowing that, you are a POS, or 5starbomb, whichever is worse.

WVU

EOG Master

Thank God you are back, WHO DID I STIFF? I want you to post it on the FORUM PLEASE................

back? I never left man. Check your pms :thumbsup

cincy_

EOG Veteran

Did Tej's little butt-boy reply to my post again?

I hope it was a quick one liner and not a term paper.

If he keeps replying, I might feel sorry for him and actually read what he wrote.

WVU

EOG Master

Damn TTP, you really have a knack for timing your posts.:houra

So tell me sir, is Ruca just as bad as a stiff?
oij213490

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Did Tej's little butt-boy reply to my post again?

I hope it was a quick one liner and not a term paper.

If he keeps replying, I might feel sorry for him and actually read what he wrote.

You realize how fucking stupid you look?

tripp

EOG Master

Why do people expect a free play or cash reward for reporting a bad line?

You report a bad line so the book can fix it and people can actually make legitimate bets that won't get canceled. You don't report it so you can get fucking $25 in your acct.:doh1

I guess that's the same type of people that would expect a nice reward for turning in someone's lost wallet. I mean, it's a good gesture to return it instead of keeping it (just as reporting a bad line is better than trying to take adv of it), but you shouldn't be doing it because you expect the guy to give you some of the money in the wallet as a return, just as you shouldn't report a line because you expect the book to pay you for doing so.

Sometimes you should do the right thing just because it's the right thing to do. Strange concept, I know.

WVU

EOG Master

You report a bad line so the book can fix it and people can actually make legitimate bets that won't get canceled. You don't report it so you can get fucking $25 in your acct.:doh1

I guess that's the same type of people that would expect a nice reward for turning in someone's lost wallet. I mean, it's a good gesture to return it instead of keeping it (just as reporting a bad line is better than trying to take adv of it), but you shouldn't be doing it because you expect the guy to give you some of the money in the wallet as a return, just as you shouldn't report a line because you expect the book to pay you for doing so.

Sometimes you should do the right thing just because it's the right thing to do. Strange concept, I know.

When Greg, Peter, and Bobby returned that wallet they were offered a handsome reward, but Mr Brady insisted that the reward was too much until he finally let them accept a small token reward. Mike Brady always sets a good example for his sons. Greg, Peter, and Bobby were kind of pissed though.

:+textinb3

You're saving the book hassles with other players that might bet into it. A $15 FP is appropriate. I won't usually bother reporting it w/o a reward. I haven't bet a bad one in many years either. I'd only even think about it, at some Shit book, that I no longer want, and I gave up Shit books long ago.

cincy_

EOG Veteran

You report a bad line so the book can fix it and people can actually make legitimate bets that won't get canceled. You don't report it so you can get fucking $25 in your acct.

How would you feel if you returned a wallet and the guy tipped you a quarter?

I have had the following happen:

Nine.com: CBB line off by 5 points- $100
BetJM: minor problem got me a thank you
SportBet: the one day old game- $5 free play

It's ok to just thank me. Don't insult me with a $5 free play.

tripp

EOG Master

How would you feel if you returned a wallet and the guy tipped you a quarter?

I have had the following happen:

Nine.com: CBB line off by 5 points- $100
BetJM: minor problem got me a thank you
SportBet: the one day old game- $5 free play

It's ok to just thank me. Don't insult me with a $5 free play.

I do partly agree with this. I wouldn't want any money for returning a wallet, but offering a quarter would just be insulting.