What does it take to move a line?

High Times

EOG Master
Re: What does it take to move a line?

I could CARELESS if you BELIEVE me or not, remember one thing you NEVER get nowhere in life when you LIE about yourself... I'm not here to IMPRESS you about what I know about this BUSINESS... I speak the TRUTH PERIOD.....

Then you should stop lying

12io4j2w90

High Times

EOG Master

Everyone's trying to be cool here now and you want to keep up with the "I know more than you crap"

Whatever dude. You win.

rainbow

EOG Master

Everyone's trying to be cool here now and you want to keep up with the "I know more than you crap"

Whatever dude. You win.
Do you really think I give a crap if you believe me or not, you are a NOBODYYYYYYYYYYYYY...... I don't WASTE my time with a KID like you, go wipe off behind your EAR, you are still WET...............

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

WITHOUT a DOUBT they bet more than $100.00 on a game, but they will take whatever a book will give them, I can remember many years ago they were betting me $200.00 on NBA TOTALS..........

That's probably what they were betting on College Basketball Totals at the beginning of last season. :+textinb3

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

a guy that bets a $100 a game could move a line if he is a sharp.

100% agreed........

Here's my question: how the hell do you know if a $100 bettor is sharp or not? He can be up $3k at your book but down $10k at his other outs. Good thread, I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the posts. Vivaldi brings good topics to EOG.

EDIT: just saw Viejo beat me to the question.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Thread didn't exactly turn out how I expected, but entertaining nonetheless. My bookmaker power ratings:

1) Viejo Dinosaur
2) High Times
3) rainbow

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

If it's a baseball total, word leaking out that I made a bet. Then the entire logical world would take the other side.

rainbow

EOG Master

Here's my question: how the hell do you know if a $100 bettor is sharp or not? He can be up $3k at your book but down $10k at his other outs. Good thread, I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the posts. Vivaldi brings good topics to EOG.

EDIT: just saw Viejo beat me to the question.
I rarely do know when a $100.00 better is sharp or not, but it does happen, I go by LIFETIME HISTORY, if you understand what that is, plus my memory is good enough to look at his plays and remember if the screen moved or not, I'm not here to blow no smoke up nobody's butt, I promise you one thing, they will never sneak no beards in on me ever, I catch them all the time in FOOTBALL and in HOOPS, I can tell you one thing back in the late 1980's and the early 1990's when I was clerking, I knew the followers and the buy backers and I shaded them a half a point like it was going out of style, I don't have no reason to BS no one in this BUSINESS, because MOST know me, if youu were betting me back in those days, I promise you WITHIN 2 weeks I could tell you what team you were going to bet me on before I quoted you a line, I don't care if you believe me or not, DINOSAUR worked for a guy in DOMINICAN REPUBLIC that I TRAINED, I don't care what you or anybody else believes, I do know this BUSINESS COMPLETELY, and one other thing what good is a PERSON that supposedly HAS GOOD TALENT WORKING THE NIGHT SHIFT? I DON'T WORK WHEN THE RUSH IS OVER, I CAN PROVE THAT, I HATE A BULL SHITTER, SOMEONE WHO TRYS TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK HE IS SHARP WHEN HE KNOWS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT MOVING LINES.....

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I rarely do know when a $100.00 better is sharp or not, but it does happen, I go by LIFETIME HISTORY, if you understand what that is, plus my memory is good enough to look at his plays and remember if the screen moved or not, I'm not here to blow no smoke up nobody's butt, I promise you one thing, they will never sneak no beards in on me ever, I catch them all the time in FOOTBALL and in HOOPS, I can tell you one thing back in the late 1980's and the early 1990's when I was clerking, I knew the followers and the buy backers and I shaded them a half a point like it was going out of style, I don't have no reason to BS no one in this BUSINESS, because MOST know me, if youu were betting me back in those days, I promise you WITHIN 2 weeks I could tell you what team you were going to bet me on before I quoted you a line, I don't care if you believe me or not, DINOSAUR worked for a guy in DOMINICAN REPUBLIC that I TRAINED, I don't care what you or anybody else believes, I do know this BUSINESS COMPLETELY, and one other thing what good is a PERSON that supposedly HAS GOOD TALENT WORKING THE NIGHT SHIFT? I DON'T WORK WHEN THE RUSH IS OVER, I CAN PROVE THAT, I HATE A BULL SHITTER, SOMEONE WHO TRYS TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK HE IS SHARP WHEN HE KNOWS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT MOVING LINES.....

And who was that I worked for in the DR that you trained? Micky Wheels knows I trained Edgar because he paid me to do it...

By the way, what's my account number at Pinny and Olympic?

Night shift is just as important as any other shifts...that's when all the halftime bets are made...12io4j2w90

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I used to do the same when clerking...shade the customer...

But a good friend of mine made me see the light and told me that I was making a mistake and maybe the guy would have made a bet before the shade...I was making a big mistake by refusing action..he told me to read him a line and then let the customer decide what he wants...wise words indeed...my good friend was and still currently the owner of GRANDE....12io4j2w90

rainbow

EOG Master

And who was that I worked for in the DR that you trained? Micky Wheels knows I trained Edgar because he paid me to do it...

By the way, what's my account number at Pinny and Olympic?

Night shift is just as important as any other shifts...that's when all the halftime bets are made...12io4j2w90
I TRAINED EDGAR, I CAN PROVE THAT WITH TODD AND HIS WIFE WHO LIVE IN LAS VEGAS, I DON'T KEEP UP WITH LOSERS, I JUST KNOW WHO TO MOVE THE LINES OFF OF, HOW CAN YOU COME ON HERE AND SAY THAT MICKEY WHEELS PAID YOU TO TRAIN EDGAR, WHAT A LIE, YOU ARE ONLY LYING TO YOURSELF FOR SURE YOU ARE NOT LYING ME, I HAVE TO GIVE IT TO YOU, YOU DO HAVE ALOT OF PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM BULLSHITTED. WHAT A JOKE.... :LMAO

rainbow

EOG Master

But a good friend of mine made me see the light and told me that I was making a mistake and maybe the guy would have made a bet before the shade...I was making a big mistake by refusing action..he told me to read him a line and then let the customer decide what he wants...wise words indeed...my good friend was and still currently the owner of GRANDE....12io4j2w90
THEY VERY SELDOM PASSED ME, DONUT KNEW ME WELL, HE TOLD ME ONE DAY, IF EVERYONE COULD READ A LINE AS FAST AS YOU IT WOULD BE GREAT. THEY HAD DID CLERK YEARS AGO SAID HE COULD COMPETE AGAINST ME, MICKEY LAUGHED ABOUT IT, NO ONE COULD READ THE MAIL LIKE ME PERIOD......... I'M TALKING SPEED AND EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER THAT COME IN........

rainbow

EOG Master

NOW DAYS YOU GIVE THEM THE RIGHT, LINE, I WAS TALKING ABOUT YEARS AGO, I HOOKED THEM A MANY DAYS.......

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

ALOT is two words...keep believing that you are the best....you need the pat on the back more than myself....

You might have trained Edgar after me, but before Micky opened his office, there I was training his new clerks...you can ask ZZCream, Skip, or Edgar's friend Stevie...

A lot of people on this forum know me personally...I have something that you have lacked for a long time; and that is credibility....

Have a nice life buddy....I still love ya...

rainbow

EOG Master

ALOT is two words...keep believing that you are the best....you need the pat on the back more than myself....

You might have trained Edgar after me, but before Micky opened his office, there I was training his new clerks...you can ask ZZCream, Skip, or Edgar's friend Stevie...

A lot of people on this forum know me personally...I have something that you have lacked for a long time; and that is credibility....

CREDIBILITY, WHAT A JOKE, GUESS WHAT WHEN I TRAINED EDGAR HE BECAME YOUR BOSS, AND THAT IS 100000000000% TRUE... DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE DEFINITION OF CREDIBILITY? THATS ALL YOU ARE IS TRYING TO BE SOMEONE THAT YOU NEVER WAS PERIOD, THAT MY FRIEND IS VERY SAD, I'M SURE YOU COULD RUN THE GREEKS OFFICE, AFTER ALL YOU WORKED UNDER EDGAR... YOU THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO HAVE A HAPPY LIFE, JUST LIKE YOU LIED ABOUT TEDDY THROWING THE COFFEE POT AT ME, YOU STARTED THE WAR AND I'M FINISHING IT, YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE IN NO KIND OF WAR WITH ME......

rainbow

EOG Master

PS: I DON'T NEED NO PAT ON THE SHOULDER FROM NO ONE, DON'T GET MAD BECAUSE I WAS STATING FACTS........

Never met a linesmaker who didn't think he was "the sharpest". Many approaches and many factors. The bottom line is, if you make money, you are good at what you do.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Rainbow, where did you work (and in what sport) that a $100 bet even showed up on the screen?