What happened to Kenny the Cop and the West Virginia native on the radio?

svbettor

EOG Veteran
What happened to Kenny the Cop and the West Virginia native on the radio?

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'm currently in Costa Rica so I've lost touch with both men.

Kenny the Cop is a former NYC police officer who had an interesting approach to sports betting.

He only bet games in the seconds before start time.

And he only bet sides in which he could secure the market-low on the favorite or the market-high on the underdog.

This strategy guaranteed he would always get the best of it.

Zack Hodges was a star high school football player from West Virginia who played for Bill Stewart in Morgantown.

I liked Zack.

I liked his Filipino girlfriend even more.

Both were good radio guests imo.

Kenny the cop had an interesting strategy, no doubt, and I respect the fact that he sounded disciplined enough to execute it.
Coming up with good/interesting strategies and actually executing are very different things.

Zach Hodges was the everyday average joe sports bettor, but I liked that he was humble and realistic about it.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Creating strategies and executing them are two different things.

Well put, Inkwell77.

Knowing how to act and then actually performing the task is the difference between a film critic and an actor.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Both were good radio guests imo.

Kenny the cop had an interesting strategy, no doubt, and I respect the fact that he sounded disciplined enough to execute it.
Coming up with good/interesting strategies and actually executing are very different things.

Zach Hodges was the everyday average joe sports bettor, but I liked that he was humble and realistic about it.

Very well put.

This is commonly referred to as, “The Behavior Gap,” which describes how dysfunctional heuristics can cause you to underperform your system. A lot of success, at least in trading, has to do w/ bridging that gap by realizing that we have prehistoric genes operating in a post-modern world which often nudge us into -EV decisions. Inverting one’s instincts by understanding, “Prospect Theory” can help towards long-term profitability.

I wish you would post more often.

raininthrees

Point Spread Nomad
I'm currently in Costa Rica so I've lost touch with both men.

Kenny the Cop is a former NYC police officer who had an interesting approach to sports betting.

He only bet games in the seconds before start time.

And he only bet sides in which he could secure the market-low on the favorite or the market-high on the underdog.

This strategy guaranteed he would always get the best of it.

Zack Hodges was a star high school football player from West Virginia who played for Bill Stewart in Morgantown.

I liked Zack.

I liked his Filipino girlfriend even more.

2 questions

1) does Kenny the Cop keep his entire 250k bankroll in his pocket when he steps in at the window?

2) will young Zack Hodges with his young flower, learn from Pauly Howards miscues?