What Makes Posters Choose One Forum Over Another?

I have often asked myself this question, but unlike Real Estate, it can't possibly be location, location and location...

Otherwise, I highly doubt there would be anyone here...

Personally, I find myself surfing those forums where posters are intelligent, threads are informative/entertaining, and where the moderators/staff/owners really seem to care about me...

Anyone know of such a place and WHERE it EXISTS? :+clueless

On second thought, maybe location is important??

THE SHRINK

I go where I am appreciated

Another huge thing for me that turns me off to other forums are copy and paste news stories that are all over net

Secondly when you write a gambling post and there are 5 silly posts in a row after it, fuk write something about the thread and then joke around, shit I joke around also but will put in some gambling stuff too.

Some other forums are really hurting now, SBR and EOG are the wave of the future.

We are growing and many coming over here from across the street

Good Luck

Someplace where there is some intelligent feedback on issues. Not simply guys posting a laundry list of plays. EVERY site has that.

I think the intelligent guys keep out the riff raff to some degree also. If all a guy wants to do is be a jerk and act like a kid they will go where there aren't enough "smart" guys to keep them in their place. Since most of those guys are clueless to begin with, making them think they might actually have to know something about sports or gambling will keep them from posting their bull shit.

Obviously you have those that can stil be a pain in the ass, but generally they also have something to add to the community as well. Most guys don't simply post garbage post after garbage post.

But there are still a couple here or there that might.

Nimue77

EOG Senior Member
Well, for starters, I don't use forums that put me on post review because my view isn't what they want heard.

THE SHRINK said:
I have often asked myself this question, but unlike Real Estate, it can't possibly be location, location and location...

Otherwise, I highly doubt there would be anyone here...

Personally, I find myself surfing those forums where posters are intelligent, threads are informative/entertaining, and where the moderators/staff/owners really seem to care about me...

Anyone know of such a place and WHERE it EXISTS? :+clueless

On second thought, maybe location is important??

THE SHRINK

I try not to choose, and I'm a member at all my favorite forums.

In general the ones I like to post at most are the smaller, but better ones. I like EOG like that. Though I like and read the RX, I don;t as much there as everywhere else because I feel like I get buried with all the posters and threads everywhere.

I like a good "signal to noise ratio" if you know what I mean.

Nimue,

Posters don't like being treated that way, and since I was banned from over there, I can REALLY identify...

However, it's posters like you who make all of this worthwhile for me, and who aren't afraid to speak their minds...

I prefer mental masturbation to no masturbation at all...:cocktail

P.S.

Omni,

I just read your post and like your "signal to noise" analogy better than mine...

THE SHRINK

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
I'm still looking for the poster named YOGI from the old days.

Tonight--I'm here cause for over 30 minutes could not place a late bet a Pinnacle....Hope this does not become a reg. thing.

opotus

EOG Veteran
Omni said:
Though I like and read the RX, I don;t as much there as everywhere else because I feel like I get buried with all the posters and threads everywhere.

That's a danger in becoming too big. Too many posts to weed through. (Another reason why I don't care much for non-sports/gambling posts/rooms.

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated
I want to post at a site that does not cater to the crooks of the off-shore industry. I hope I am not alone. Keep up the good work SHRINK.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
Well, it's not all location but a location not near JJ would be preferable. If you put JJ on post review, he'd have a handful of posts.

I like a big dose of gambling and sports talk on the forums. It's all right to joke around some but other forums contain 10% or less of pertinent gambling discussion.

Because the advertisers here are top notch there won't be many arguments about advertising books. This will help EOG immensely compared to others.

Good point Raiders,

There won't be the usual bashing of book, protecting of one's interest in an advertiser double-speak that brings down some forums. Keep the quality of advertiser absolutely elite and that will be a big plus here.

ClubmanCoop

EOG Veteran
panther said:
good people and good picks

panther
I agree with Panther
I'm new around here and SportSavant from the RX got me hooked over there about 6 months ago. When i joined, was around the time you left and rumour started you had this site in the works.
I see the same posters in both forums so its all good :+thumbs-2
Bottom line, we are here to make $$$
Like Panther said "good people and good picks" (was fun playing poker vs you at the bash Panther and nice pick on ECU Sat. :+money-8+

Most of use IMO are here to get info and backing on our own daily picks that we may play and to watch and follow some great cappers. And oh ya shoot the shit.

I love EOG and the RX and are the only two forums i use and have time for :smokesmal

Bruin