• YES

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • NO

Votes: 18 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MRSOSUCOWBOYS

EOG Addicted
Went out last night with a few girls to celebrate my birthday. At the beginning of the night "Julie" asked if "Jane" would be joining us. I said I was not sure. "Julie" then proceeded to tell me that "Jane's" live in boyfriend was hitting on her the other day at the golf course.

Here is my dilemma:

1. They are getting ready to buy a house together
2. She has been a very good friend of mine for years
3. I would want to know if T was behaving this way
4. What if she gets mad at me???

Should I tell her???:+clueless

Re: What should I do?

I think I saw this on a Laverne and Shirley episode years ago. I can't remember the resolution.

Stay out of it. If she is smart she will figure it out on her own if she is paying attention to her relationship.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

These type situations are all around and I choose to stay out and pray for the best.

This is not something you witnessed FIRST HAND...

There is so much more downside than upside by telling her...

If the two of them continue to stay together, I assure you that the Friendship you shared with her will never be the same....

THE SHRINK

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

If my best friend new something and didnt tell me I would be very upset.

She needs to know.

Exactly and everyone that says stay out of it would want to know to. I would tell her in the nices way possible but you are taking a chance of losing a friend. If my old lady was doing this crap right before i was making a big commitment to her and my friends didn't tell me they would be my X friends. What is she gonna do buy the house and then down the road find this out? That should be fun. that is double the pain.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

its not like he went and stuck it in her poop shoot or sumptin, flirting happens all the time :rolleyes:

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Timing is everything, wait until one of those tender moments, when Jane is gushing how good her boyfriend is to her, then break her the news. Watching the expression on someone's face when something like that is revealed is a true Hallmark moment. Even better, start the revealing truth about her no good, lowdown dirtbag boyfriend with "Jane, you ignorant slut." She may not be a slut but her ignorance is verified. I envy the opportunity.

Jane, you ignorant slut, your boyfriend is hitting on more than golf balls on the course. Days of our lives, Stillbackwater version.

OF oij213490

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

If my best friend new something and didnt tell me I would be very upset.

She needs to know.
Things have a way of working them selfs out one way, or other.
Mrs should be there to help her freind when she needs the help.
Maybe you or the Mrs. should have a man to man with the boyfriend . Could be that it ment nothing at all, and he was just being a guy. If she tells her freind it well could blow up in her face,and hurt the freindship. just IMO

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Definitely tell her in a way that you best can break the news. That is what friends do. I would want to be told.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

OK, Tom, I hate to tell you this, but your boyfriend is washing other balls than little white ones on the back nine.

OF...:cheers

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Tough call. No matter what you do - it will come out wrong

What you should do is wait for "Jane" and her b/f to get married and have 2 kids and then wait for "Jane's" (then) husband to leave her and go live with someone else who has kids and saw her husband leave for another woman (which made this woman very upset) and have Jane's ex and this other woman live happily together with the other woman overlooking the same transgression that saw her husband leave her but now that she is the beneficiary of someone leaving their wife for her she doesn't mind being with someone unfaithful. That is until "Jane's ex" leaves the other woman for someone else - at which point in time the other woman will cry about what a bad guy Jane's ex is for leaving her despite the fact she KNEW what she was getting into at the time

Not that this has happened to anyone I know or anyone who posts here :doh1 :doh1 :doh1

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Mrs OSU.............How would you feel if YOU were Jane and Travis hit on one of your friends? Would you want to know if he did that? Whatever your answer is...is the answer to your question

If this guy hit on Julie it isn't the first time he will hit on someone nor will it be the last. Better to do it now before Jane gets married and their split is costly and messy and expensive

If you lose Jane as a friend it is HER loss because you'd rather tell Jane NOW then NOT tell Jane and then 5 years from now have Jane find out you knew and then ask why you didn't say anyhting to her BEFORE the wedding.........you know - the wedding YOU will be attending and when the guy walks down the aisle you will be thinking to yourself, "Jane - you shouldn't be marrying this guy - he is a CHEAT"

I think that after reading everyones comments I think that either Julie needs to talk to Jane or the MRS needs to talk to the boyfriend.

HMMMMMMMMM???

Went out last night with a few girls to celebrate my birthday. At the beginning of the night "Julie" asked if "Jane" would be joining us. I said I was not sure. "Julie" then proceeded to tell me that "Jane's" live in boyfriend was hitting on her the other day at the golf course.

Here is my dilemma:

MRSOSUCOWBOYS,

I can't keep it in any longer. I have something to tell you about TRAVIS so if you don't mind shooting me a PM immediately, I will inform u exactly what I am talking about....

No need to sweat too much....

JUST KIDDING!!!! :+textinb3 :+textinb3 :+textinb3

You should probably find out what she means by him "hitting on her" means before saying anything. There's a decent chance he made a couple jokes and made a comment about her tits and she took all of it as him hitting on her because she's a stupid bitch.

I'm not saying that's the case, but it could be.

Or just kill them both. That way you won't have to worry about this dilemma.

You should probably find out what she means by him "hitting on her" means before saying anything. There's a decent chance he made a couple jokes and made a comment about her tits and she took all of it as him hitting on her because she's a stupid bitch.

I'm not saying that's the case, but it could be.

Or just kill them both. That way you won't have to worry about this dilemma.

:hangt

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I think that after reading everyones comments I think that either Julie needs to talk to Jane or the MRS needs to talk to the boyfriend.

HMMMMMMMMM???

Tell the girl he was flirting with to tell him she is going out for drinks later some night. If he is a dog he will go. Then have your wife bring the friend to the same bar.

What if the next time we are hanging out I see Scarlett hitting on the pool boy at The Bellagio? Would you want me to tell you? oij213490

Nice try but that's not the same analogy. Your wife did not SEE ANYTHING herself, therefore, I advised her NOT to TELL...

It appears JULIE may be using your wife as a vessel...

Why isn't JULIE telling since she is the one who claims to have experienced this, and not your wife!

Nice try but that's not the same analogy. Your wife did not SEE ANYTHING herself, therefore, I advised her NOT to TELL...

Why isn't JULIE telling since she is the one who claims to have experienced this, and not your wife!

I see your point. Very valid.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Here is my dilemma:

1. They are getting ready to buy a house together
2. She has been a very good friend of mine for years
4. What if she gets mad at me???

Should I tell her???:+clueless

If you had or have witnessed it yourself, I would say yes, definitely tell her.

However, you can't take Julie's word for it because the story may be fabricated or she may have taken him simply being nice to her as "hitting on her"....

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

very good point but what happens down the road if this gets out that mrs osu knew about it but didn't speak up? "you knew he was a snake and you never told me" "how could you do this to me?" On another note i know a friend (as jeff jones would say) who once did this to get out of a relationship. My friend :+textinb3said it was less painful then going thru the whole breakup senario. and quicker.

If you had or have witnessed it yourself, I would say yes, definitely tell her.

However, you can't take Julie's word for it because the story may be fabricated or she may have taken him simply being nice to her as "hitting on her"....

I think you and Ken both hit the nail on the head. THANKS! 91023i2ndw;l

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Julie should tell Jane and then if Jane is anywhere near as HOT as Mrs OSU - Jane needs to be given my phone number and she can call me and i will help her get over this terrible situation. or under. or doggie. or missionary. or........................