Whatever happened to Alan Boston the famed CBB Capper/Bettor ??

Heim

EOG Master
I like Krack, he's a great ambassador for the wagering game but I can do without the constant name dropping from actors to singers he hangs out with including trainer Teddy Atlas.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If you want to know why Democrats can continue to escalate Lawfare with no loss of support from their base, Kinky just gave you the answer. If you feel sorry for him for any reason, you should shake it off. He would cheer and taunt if us MAGA posters were rounded up by the FBI and sent to rehabilitation camps.

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I felt sorry for him when he got cancer but learned my lesson when he came back an even bigger leftwing asshole. No more and not again.

railbird

EOG Master
I sent Krack a DM saying he cannot let this happen - regardless of who someone is supporting. Allowing AB to wear this gives the indication Krack supports Trump. Whether he does, or not, is meaningless. Doesn't look good.
krackman is an outspoken trump guy.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
I remember when Glen 'Big Baby' Davis was a can't miss prospect according to Alan. 🤦
it happens. we have all been wrong many times so i would not hold that against him.

what i WILL hold against him however is statements like "Coach K and Roy Williams are terrible coaches".

that is something people say when they are Haters and/or are just trying to be "different" with a take.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Alan had a lot of biases.

Not sure why he loved Bob Knight, but hated Mike Krzyzewski.

Calling "Coach K" clueless was a bit much.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Alan Boston often romanticized the purity of college basketball.

What sport was he following?

The game was never pure.

Big point-shaving scandals in New York more than 75 years ago.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

The game was never pure.

If it was possible, AB would have had Ralph Willard's baby. He spoke about him like he was John Wooden. He also thought The Palestra was the greatest lace to play CBB.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

The game was never pure.

He absolutely loved Princeton's offense. Ball movement and you had to have a high basketball IQ to know when to execute the back door cut.

It is a thing of beauty to see a back door cut into a uncontested lay-up against better athletes.

He had a hard time adjusting to the game being more about the athletes on the floor and not the coach on the sidelines.

In Alan's world there would be no shot clock and a final score of 23-21 would be perfection.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Alan had a lot of biases.

Not sure why he loved Bob Knight, but hated Mike Krzyzewski.

Calling "Coach K" clueless was a bit much.

He loved Knight because Knight hated the 3 pt shot and shot clock.

Knight used the motion offense in which he insisted on at least 4 passes before anyone could take a shot.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
He loved Knight because Knight hated the 3 pt shot and shot clock.

Knight used the motion offense in which he insisted on at least 4 passes before anyone could take a shot.
Yet it was the 3pt shot that won him the title in 87 when Alfred knocked down 7.

He was 7-10

Indiana was 7-11 as a team