What's on your bucket list?

Not something impossible like walking on the moon.

More like:

Skydive
Trip to Europe or somewhere
Threesome
Sex with a black woman or Asian woman or whatever ethnicity you'd like
That sort of stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Hate the term "bucket list."

So ominous.

I like what the late George H.W. Bush said, "Die young as late in life as possible."

He also said, "Don't be an old guy. Get out there and do something instead sitting in a corner and drooling."

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Plan to meet Sleepy and Try3 in early April 2019.

Looking forward to visiting with both men.

Don't call it a threesome though.

Last edited:

E$

EOG Dedicated
Sleep with a Miami Dolphins cheerleader

I’d probably have a better chance of walking on the moon though

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Playboy Mansion Grotto.........Jump in full nude - I don't care if it is 20-Below (NOT likely) I wanna do it

Realistically:

When I travel to see games I don't care as much about the game as all that goes with it. Sept 2009 I did one of the greatest trips ever. Wednesday flew to Chicago. Thursday saw a DAY game at Wrigley (They played at night on Wednesday but not the same as a Day game). After the game we drove 100-ish miles to Elkhart, IN. It is about 10 miles East of South Bend and the much better place to stay for a ND home game. Friday we (long time friend) toured the campus and the "you'll-never-believe-how-massive-the-it-is-until-you-have-actually- been-in-it" campus bookstore. Those who have been there know what I am talking about. We got some stuff then went to the Pep Rally. You leave the Rally thinking ND is gonna win the next day by 400 points. Saturday we got to campus early (3:30P local time start) and saw the amazing campus and all of the tradition that goes on. We saw the game (FYI: NO replay boards at the stadium unless they just got them). Luckily we sat above the student section and the team did "Alma Mater" right in front of us. AWESOME - and this from someone who HATES Notre Dame! After the game we drove 300 miles, taking 5.5 hours and arrive in Green Bay at 1A for a Noon game. My friend woke me up or else I woulda slept thru the game. You are better off watching a NFL game on TV. With one exception - Green Bay (and this from a diehard Broncos fan). Those who have been know what I am talking about. Those who haven't - THIS MUST BE ON YOUR BUCKET LIST! A noon game and the bars were SRO by 9A. Walk around the place and you can hear the statue of Lombardi talking to you. An unreal place to go. We went and it was 90+ degrees. We went to the game where Chad Ochocinco did the Lambeau Leap. It is an amazing place to see a game.

So you can see when I go I want it to be special.

So I wanna spend a few weeks in England. I wanna go to Premier League games. I wanna be there in the city and feel the entire area come to a stop for a few hours and experience all that happens. The #1 place for me is Liverpool. Not so much for the game but if you ever watch before a game, when the crowd sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" - hairs on my body come alive some 5k+ miles away. To be there in person would be surreal. I wanna go to Manchester United and see a game there. I hear Tottenham's new place will be breathtaking so a game there, too. I have a long time friend who is an Arsenal fan so there if he comes. I wanna go to Crystal Palace and see a game where the crowd is like the Cameron Crazies on steroids. I wanna go to a place like Bournemouth, that seats about 11k and is a great atmosphere. I wouldn't mind seeing a lower tier game. If I feel brave enough even Milwall - where anything can and does happen there.

For me going to England for those games isn't about the game but the experience. Anyone who has been to a Notre Dame home game can tell you the game itself only makes up about 25-30% of the entire experience. Same with games in England. I rarely drink, and don't drink beer, but going to a pub and soaking in the local flavor would be awesome.

I went (worked for CBS) at the 1992 Albertville France Game =s so I have experienced an Olympics on Foreign soil. I now wanna see Premier League games and soak up that experience.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Sleep with a Miami Dolphins cheerleader

I’d probably have a better chance of walking on the moon though

With your luck that is exactly what would happen. NO sex - just sleeping together. BTW - I've had sex with a cheerleader for every NFL team. My goal next time is for them to actually be in the room with me and not on my monitor with the lights off and a towel and napkins nearby :eek:

railbird

EOG Master
go to Cedar city Utah, go horse back riding around town with 1 of those little house on the prarie girls and then catch an SUU game at night.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Ireland/Northern Ireland..the history of The Troubles fasinates me.
A’s home game if a new park ever happens
OSU title in hoops
Fenway
St Andrews Old Course

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I've been told the different shades of green one sees when flying into Dublin, Ireland are spectacular.

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
Random order:
Inca Trail to Machu Pichu
Milan Derby
Guiness Brewery Tour
Leafs Stanley Cup final game
Dance at my kids' weddings
Learn to swim

kane

EOG master
The one thing that I would have wanted to do I no longer can, see a Celtics playoff game in the Boston Garden, not the shiny new place they play now, but the old Garden. Sadly that can never happen, they never should have demolished that place, I wish the C's still played there

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The one thing that I would have wanted to do I no longer can, see a Celtics playoff game in the Boston Garden, not the shiny new place they play now, but the old Garden. Sadly that can never happen, they never should have demolished that place, I wish the C's still played there

Toronto was smart and kept Maple Leaf Gardens. The Hockey HOF is a few blocks south of it.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Watching the once proud Sun Devil baseball program back in Omaha.

Put that at the top of my sports venue list last time they were there. Been waiting too long for the opportunity..

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
The Palio di Siena

That looks like fun for the pagentry, but if you're gonna go to it, you might as well be in it. I did Pamplona when I was young and stupid and it was great fun. You'd never catch me try that again though... talk about - ev.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Halloween 1991 I saw the Kings play there. They gave all of us 2 miniature boxes of Wheaties when we entered. Gretzky scored an empty netter with about 30 seconds left to make it 4-2 Kings. The fans did not like it. The game finished with at least 1000 boxes of Wheaties on the ice. It was impossible to score a goal since both were jam packed with Wheaties boxes. My one-and-only time at the Bahhhstahhhn Gahhhdahhhhhhhhhn

I went to cock fights in the Philippines recently. Wasnt on the bucket list, but was an interesting experience.

Crazy energy before each fight start.

My bucket list would be to see Oregon State basketball in the final four(will never happen with their current coach.....)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I went to cock fights in the Philippines recently. Wasnt on the bucket list, but was an interesting experience.

Crazy energy before each fight start.

My bucket list would be to see Oregon State basketball in the final four(will never happen with their current coach.....)

I've heard about the cock fights in the Philippines.

A handicap match features one gamecock with one razor on its claws and the other gamecock with one razor on each of its claws.

That made me wince just typing it.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
That looks like fun for the pagentry, but if you're gonna go to it, you might as well be in it. I did Pamplona when I was young and stupid and it was great fun. You'd never catch me try that again though... talk about - ev.

Goon is a funny guy.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Walk down the aisle with my daughter...

Visit the birthplace of my father...Dublin, Ireland

Enjoy being a spectator at the Masters...

Watching the once proud Sun Devil baseball program back in Omaha.

Put that at the top of my sports venue list last time they were there. Been waiting too long for the opportunity..

Amen brother! Tracy Smith is the worst! I actually came up with the hashtag #TracyBall to describe the horrible play under his coaching

Sol do you attend many ASU baseball games? My father and I have had season tickets for years.

I fulfilled my number one bucket list item a couple of years ago and that was attending a series at Fenway park. I got that in a trade with my father by agreeing to hike the Grand Canyon from top-bottom-top in one day while it was 110 degrees at the bottom. It was absolutely brutal going up but the Fenway trip made it worth it.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I fulfilled my number one bucket list item a couple of years ago and that was attending a series at Fenway park. I got that in a trade with my father by agreeing to hike the Grand Canyon from top-bottom-top in one day while it was 110 degrees at the bottom. It was absolutely brutal going up but the Fenway trip made it worth it.
How long did it take to hike that?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Quick review of Fenway Park?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Amen brother! Tracy Smith is the worst! I actually came up with the hashtag #TracyBall to describe the horrible play under his coaching

Sol do you attend many ASU baseball games? My father and I have had season tickets for years.

When I was posting on Twitter, I went after him a few years back when he said "send us anywhere, we'll win it" for the CWS. When they got KOd in the Regionals (Fullerton did it - I think) I let him have it and he pulled a Donald Trump and insisted he meant something else - not what he said. I let him have it and he blocked me . BFD, Dude is pathetic and that is being kind

Sol Diablo

House of Heat

Used to go all the time but haven't been to a game since they left Packard for PHX Muni.

And I have no idea why Smith wasn't axed after last season. He better be if they fail to make the tournament again this year.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat

Been twice. The most recent this past summer.

Ambience is second to none. But the park itself kind of sucks. Old seats. Not many bathrooms and they are small. Long walks to grab a beer. Etc.

But the view of the park and the experience is great. I'd definitely recommend the experience to any baseball fan.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Parking fees are the dirty little secret of professional sports.

I owe it to myself to visit Fenway Park at some point.

Fenway opened in 1912 and serves as the oldest MLB park.

Wrigley Field opened in 1914.

Dodger Stadium is the third-oldest MLB ballpark after opening in 1962.

Big gap between Wrigley Field and Dodger Stadium.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

A dump. But a historic dump and a place you gotta see a game. The seats between the bases are narrow. The food is better outside the park than inside it. Take the "T" to the game = parking, if you can find it, is a zillion dollars. It is a place you have to visit but once you do - time to move on