Where does Tom Brady end up?

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
40+ but would still be considered good enough to be playing for someone. but definitely needs these factors.

Needs an offensive WR group that is able to run great routes. His arm isn't able to get it down field 50+ yards anymore. He needs a group of WRs that are able to beat man off the line so that he can get rid of the ball in under 2.5 seconds. Basically he needs 3 edelman's.

so what team has a good WR group but currently has a bad QB.

Plus this would be a 2 year rental AT MOST.

my thoughts of available teams.

none.

I cant think of any team that is a good match for Brady.

maybe he replaces romo in the booth at cbs

Heim

EOG Master
He should have retired after their last SB win with the confetti falling down. He looked very average this year.

However Kraft likes him more than his masseuses.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I think the hoodie has a bit more leverage this time around in terms of who the qb should be going forward.

the hoodie loved jimmy g (much like fezzik) and seeing jimmy g go to the superbowl probably pains bill.

bill wants to win a superbowl without tom just to show he is truly the mastermind of this dynasty and not tom.

Heim

EOG Master
The only scenario I see is if Chargers don't sign Rivers...then it could open up a path for Brady to LA with a new stadium. Reminiscent of Unitas at the end of his career.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
The only scenario I see is if Chargers don't sign Rivers...then it could open up a path for Brady to LA with a new stadium. Reminiscent of Unitas at the end of his career.
the chargers WR group is the opposite of what Brady needs. williams and allen are vertical guys. the only positive would be hunter henry who brady would get 100 receptions easily.

but how does a team move on from an old qb to an OLDER qb.

Heim

EOG Master
the chargers WR group is the opposite of what Brady needs. williams and allen are vertical guys. the only positive would be hunter henry who brady would get 100 receptions easily.

but how does a team move on from an old qb to an OLDER qb.

You're right re old to older. But Rivers is not taking less than 3 years. Brady would be willing to take a one year deal if Pats do indeed discard him. Chargers aren't going into a new stadium with Tyrod Taylor as their poster child.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
He’s staying in NE. It is much easier to patch those holes on offense than to have a new team conform to him.

BINGO!

Think he plays 1-2 years at most. Hopefully 1. Maybe 2 but look for the Pats to acquire a QB ready to take over very soon this off-season

bmiller

EOG Addicted
He’s staying in NE. It is much easier to patch those holes on offense than to have a new team conform to him.
agreed but by some small chance he does leave the Colts or Broncos would be my guess of teams that would do everything they can to bring in Brady

If Romo goes to MNF, I hope they change their approach to producing NFL games.

I used to think that all of the bits by Gruden effusively gushing over players was just Gruden. But watching the guys who followed him in the booth, that appears to be how the ESPN production team wants to present the games. They have all these canned video bits to go with the the analyst's -- and also the play-by-play guy this year -- sickly sweet praise of multiple players.

Having an analyst in the booth who instead is actually focused on the game would conflict with ESPN's approach to presenting these shows.

And, yes, I remember Madden praising Favre in particular. But what he did at least appeared genuine and spontaneous -- and was in response to Brett actually doing something outstanding on the field in the game then being played (back in his prime) -- rather than canned and contrived like how ESPN does these games.

I would hate to see ESPN fuck up a decent analyst in Romo by having him present the games the way that they've been presenting them for years running now. I can't stand the ESPN MNF broadcasts and haven't liked them for years.

$14M compared to $3M would appear to be hard to pass up, though . . . .

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

I don’t see that at all.

Brady leaving a great owner to play for the biggest schmuck owner in sports? No way.

plus deano doesn’t have the money. He also doesn’t have an O-LINE. Brady isn’t stupid enough to get fooled by deano promising him a bunch, delivering little.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I don’t see that at all.

Brady leaving a great owner to play for the biggest schmuck owner in sports? No way.

plus deano doesn’t have the money. He also doesn’t have an O-LINE. Brady isn’t stupid enough to get fooled by deano promising him a bunch, delivering little.
Chargers might do it given reports that they are struggling to sell seats of their new stadium. Shoot tommy boy a 2 year deal could cause fans to believe this could be the year.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Chargers might do it given reports that they are struggling to sell seats of their new stadium. Shoot tommy boy a 2 year deal could cause fans to believe this could be the year.

I'd rather keep Rivers if that is the case. I know TB12 will sell more tix but Rivers will help them win more games

For the record I think Rivers is gone and even he knows it

what if 49ers win SB , shoulda kept jimmy Groppolo. . Not like you did not know brady getting old

If they win it certainly won't be because Jimmy G is a super elite QB. His numbers are good in some areas, but he's the beneficiary of a good scheme that doesn't ask him to do to much.