Where will KD wind up next year?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Would be nice if he signs with Philly and put all those nice young draft picks on his back..I predict he goes to an eastern division team.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Re: Where will KD wind up next year?

I know Durant is a free agent and technically can go anywhere he wants but it's not fair he can just throw on a different jersey and get rewarded with 200 million still especially after blowing a 3-1 series lead.

Westbrook has one more year left and no doubt will put up huge numbers next season with Durant gone which in return will get him paid with a different team.

This shit is just entertainment. In the end it doesn't matter if you win or lose, they make out like bandits anyways.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

There's a reason the Wizards signed Scottie Brooks as their head coach.

What's more, Durant is a D.C. native.

MrTop

EOG Master

another offensive guru but will retire without a ring like ewing

kane

EOG master

There's a reason the Wizards signed Scottie Brooks as their head coach.

What's more, Durant is a D.C. native.

Slim chance he ends up in Washington. Think about it, if KD liked playing for Scott Brooks so much, he wouldn't have been let go by OKC. He'll be a member of the Thunder when next season starts

J

joeybagadonuts

Boston or Golden St if he even leaves. I mostly think he stays one more year.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

SASmith keeps saying that he'll sign 2-year deal, w/ opt-out after one year.

If Westbr/Durant is a package deal, is that enticing to anyone?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

SASmith keeps saying that he'll sign 2-year deal, w/ opt-out after one year.

If Westbr/Durant is a package deal, is that enticing to anyone?

The league is more attractive if the star players are spread out.

Not enough superstars to go around.

Had the same glazed over look that Lebron gets come winning time.

At least lebron is in the play at the end of the game even if he passes it.

Durant wants nothing to do with offense in the final few minutes

He's soft.. Plays no defense.. And just makes horrible decisions at times

If I'm gonna pay 30+ million for a player.. It's someone who wants to be in the spotlight--- someone who wants to take the final shot

I will be pissed if my Celtics overspend for him

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Kevin Durant and LeBron James have met in 30 NBA games (regular season and postseason combined) with LBJ's team winning 19 of the 30 meetings.

Despite the 19-11 advantage, James had to listen to "KD" whisper in his ear, "We 1-1 now," after last year's NBA Finals.

Durant referenced the pair of NBA Finals meetings between the two superstars, the 2012 and 2017 NBA Finals.

kane

EOG master

Wouldn’t mind seeing James in Philly next year....:lightbulb:

I don't think LeBron and Simmons can play together, Simmons is a player who needs the ball in his hands, and he's not a good enough shooter to play off the ball, it doesn't seem like a good fit.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I don't think LeBron and Simmons can play together, Simmons is a player who needs the ball in his hands, and he's not a good enough shooter to play off the ball, it doesn't seem like a good fit.

Respectfully disagree.

Simmons and James are both willing passers and they'd get along well.

Shooting is another matter.

That's why you lean on Covington, Redick, Saric, etc.

kane

EOG master

Respectfully disagree.

Simmons and James are both willing passers and they'd get along well.

Shooting is another matter.

That's why you lean on Covington, Redick, Saric, etc.

The best part of both of them is their passing ability, no doubt. But LeBron is someone who is used to controlling the ball, I don't think he would change his game and allow Simmons to be the primary ball handler, and if LeBron was the primary ball handler, what does Simmons do, he's not a good enough shooter to spot up on the perimeter. There were some who thought CP and Harden wouldn't mix well since they're both ball dominant point guards, but the difference is, CP and Harden are both good enough shooters that they can co-exist, either one can drive the lane and kick it out to the other, but when LeBron has the ball, where does Simmons position himself, I guess he would get a lot of cuts to the basket and LeBron can feed him, but I honestly don't think those two are a good combo since Simmons can't shoot. It would be interesting to watch LeBron, Simmons, and Embiid, throw in the role guys like Redick, Covington, Belinelli , etc. If they could figure out how to make it work, they become the team to beat in the East, no question

lastyle7

EOG Veteran

Lebron says it's all about his family when it comes to his decision. I don't believe his family would be willing to relocate to Philly.