Where's the criticism on the play call that injured Patrick Mahomes?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Back in 1972 I had narrowed my choices of transferring to Eastern Illinois and Southeast Missouri St...I chose SEMO...I loved both schools but chose the smaller one....a decision I have never regretted...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
And if memory serves, you represented SEMO as a wrestler.

Wonder if PETE MCMEAT knows your athletic history?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Disclaimer: Please do not accuse me of inciting insurrections or supporting violence of any kind.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
And if memory serves, you represented SEMO as a wrestler.

Wonder if PETE MCMEAT knows your athletic history?

Almost...went to Midwestern College in Dennison, Iowa to wrestle...thought I was a stud coming from high school in New Jersey...found out different....my record my freshman year was in the vicinity of 5-16 as I remember...could have been worse...I was a young boy taking on men from the Midwest...

boston massacre

EOG Master
Do you really want your $500 million quarterback running an option play on third-and-1 near midfield?

Kansas City is known for its numerous offensive weapons and countless number of creative plays.

The Chiefs were enjoying a nine-point lead at the time of the injury.

Besides, a gimpy Mahomes was nursing a sore toe most of the day.

Head coach Andy Reid gets a lot of praise from a lot of people, and rightfully so, but this call was clearly a major mistake.

Reid's Gonads Must Have Tripled in Size in 60 Seconds, To Make That 4th Down Call.

Bill Cowher was Saying Such in Studio after The Game.

Cowher said a Lot of Coaches, including Himself, Would Have Punted.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Reid's Gonads Must Have Tripled in Size in 60 Seconds, To Make That 4th Down Call.

Tony Romo thought a punt was coming.

I can see both sides of the argument.

That quick pass from Henne to Hill is one of the simplest plays in the playbook and it came against a defense that was stacked against the run.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Any coach that punts there is literally going out of his way to hurt his teams chances of winning the game.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Any coach that punts there is literally going out of his way to hurt his teams chances of winning the game.
Would be the equivalent of folding QQ in a poker tourney when your opponent goes all in for 15% of your stack because you want to protect your current chip lead.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated
Almost...went to Midwestern College in Dennison, Iowa to wrestle...thought I was a stud coming from high school in New Jersey...found out different....my record my freshman year was in the vicinity of 5-16 as I remember...could have been worse...I was a young boy taking on men from the Midwest...

NJ is a hammer state in High School wrestling.Plenty of wrestlers have done very well in college and thats a fact.Theres not a better 1-2 punch than Bergen Catholic + Blair Acedemy anywhere in the country as far as high school goes

boston massacre

EOG Master

I Could Easily See a Punt in That Situation For These Reasons.

Cleveland Would Have Had To Go 80+ Yards To Win.

With 60 Seconds Left on The Clock.

And No Timeouts.

Cleveland Had 2 Options That Reid Controlled.

Make Them Go 80.

Or Make Them Go 50.

He Gets a Bonus if He Only Makes Them Go 50.

And That was 1 Down to Try and End The Game With a Win.

Reid Gambled.

Reid Cashed.

Don Eagleston

EOG Addicted
JK, as Herm Edwards said, "you play to win the game." This play is part of the Chiefs' arsenal and there is no holding back come playoff time. If "Big Red" had known how it would turn out, I"m sure he would have called something else. I think the Chiefs could still win even with Henne.

MrTop

EOG Master
Franco Harris and Joe Theismann played high school football in New Jersey.

one of thiesman's wide receivers in high school was drew pearson... i only knew that cause i was a cowpoke fan many moons ago... left being a fan when jimmy johnson left

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
JK, as Herm Edwards said, "you play to win the game." This play is part of the Chiefs' arsenal and there is no holding back come playoff time. If "Big Red" had known how it would turn out, I"m sure he would have called something else. I think the Chiefs could still win even with Henne.

Henne is a hard-tryer.

Not enough was made of his headlong dive at the end of a scramble around left end on a third-and-14 play which preceded the game-clinching fourth-down call.

The Chiefs offense is a thing of beauty when hitting on all cylinders.

The absence of rookie running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) and wide receiver Sammy Watkins (calf) hurt the Chiefs last Sunday.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
NJ is a hammer state in High School wrestling.Plenty of wrestlers have done very well in college and thats a fact.Theres not a better 1-2 punch than Bergen Catholic + Blair Acedemy anywhere in the country as far as high school goes

Down here it was Brandon HS for many many many years. At the time their dual meet unbeaten streak was 459 matches.....

They didn't lose from 1974-2008.

It was a powerhouse, 27 state titles, 18 in a row at one point.

Russ Cozart was a badass to say the least.

https://flasportshof.org/fshofmember/russ-cozart/

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated
Down here it was Brandon HS for many many many years. At the time their dual meet unbeaten streak was 459 matches.....

They didn't lose from 1974-2008.

It was a powerhouse, 27 state titles, 18 in a row at one point.

Russ Cozart was a badass to say the least.

https://flasportshof.org/fshofmember/russ-cozart/

I went to a dual meet a few years ago with Lake Highland Prep of Florida,Clovis from california, Blair and Bergen Catholic of NJ. Was great BC won Lake Highland was very good finished 3rd

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated
The NJ states at Boardwalk Hall is a tremendous event at a historic venue. Its usually 4 days around March 10th.Terrific event

railbird

EOG Master
Henne is a hard-tryer.

Not enough was made of his headlong dive at the end of a scramble around left end on a third-and-14 play which preceded the game-clinching fourth-down call.

The Chiefs offense is a thing of beauty when hitting on all cylinders.

The absence of rookie running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) and wide receiver Sammy Watkins (calf) hurt the Chiefs last Sunday.
Henne was the MVP of the game. He didnt throw floaters off his back foot with a bad toe like pat was, pat is average in the pocket, he is very lucky to be on the Chiefs, he is very good, but somewhat overrated imo. The option was poorly executed, Pat got too deep on option and should have pitched it, also bad idea for bienemy not having fullback involved, good idea bad execution. fun watching his mommy whine that defender was too rough

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Chiefs were fortunate they played on the lead last Sunday.

They've had a nasty habit of falling behind opponents before unleashing an offensive flurry to nail opponents at the wire.

If you're only a bottom-line guy, Patrick Mahomes is 25-1 over his last 26 starts.

But those who gamble know Mahomes and the Chiefs have been a poor proposition (7-10 against the spread) during the 2020 pandemic-infected season.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Chiefs beat the Browns by five but what a huge turnover and swing of momentum heading into halftime when wide receiver Rashard Higgins dove for the pylon and fumbled the ball out of the end zone for a Kansas City touchback instead of a Cleveland touchdown.