Which remaining teams have a legit shot at the title

FrankDaTank

EOG Senior Member
Re: Which remaining teams have a legit shot at the title

New question should read, what teams don't have a shot at it...

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Me and Benny and Passtherock all like Louisville

they are done !!!

:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3

Mich St playing 90 minutes from home has a shot. Memphis has a shot too.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

worst chances are:

arizona
gonzaga
xavier
purdue
mizzu
mich st
kansas

every other team has a great chance to get to the final 4 and after that anything is possible

in other words, 8 pretenders and 8 contenders still left

you know the contenders

my eog bracket has mich st and pitt in the title game...

id still have to say if duke somehow upsets nova and pitt beats the xmen pitt has the easiest shot IMO...

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

90% guarantee that none of these 8 teams make the final 4:

arizona
gonzaga
xavier
purdue
mizzu
mich st
kansas

they are all inferior to the competition they will have to face to reach the final 4

save this thread, then revisit next sunday evening and tell me how great i am, lol

Said it before the tournament started and will say it again

One of these six teams will win it all:

Louisville
Pittsburgh
Connecticut
UNC
Memphis
Nova

If I had to take a 7th team it would be Cuse

90% guarantee that none of these 8 teams make the final 4:

arizona
gonzaga
xavier
purdue
mizzu
mich st
kansas

they are all inferior to the competition they will have to face to reach the final 4

save this thread, then revisit next sunday evening and tell me how great i am, lol

there are only 4 teams i dont think have any shot making it to the final four:

zona
xmen
duke
cuse

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

Said it before the tournament started and will say it again

One of these six teams will win it all:

Louisville
Pittsburgh
Connecticut
UNC
Memphis
Nova

If I had to take a 7th team it would be Cuse

add OU to the list and you have the 8 teams that are NOT on my list of the 8 who WILL NOT win it

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

after l'ville beats a game arizona team, they will OBLITERATE the winner of ku/mich st

after memphis and uconn roll in the sweet 16, they will battle for another f4 spot

after pitt slips by xavier and nova 'upsets' duke, they will battle for another f4 spot

after unc pounds gonzaga and syr "upsets" ou, they will battle for another f4 spot

but.............

nova and duke is a toss up as is cuse and ou

the winner of nova and duke and cuse v ou will give the next opponent fits

the zags are gona get pounded by carolina

after l'ville beats a game arizona team, they will OBLITERATE the winner of ku/mich st

after memphis and uconn roll in the sweet 16, they will battle for another f4 spot

after pitt slips by xavier and nova 'upsets' duke, they will battle for another f4 spot

after unc pounds gonzaga and syr "upsets" ou, they will battle for another f4 spot

but.............

nova and duke is a toss up as is cuse and ou

the winner of nova and duke and cuse v ou will give the next opponent fits

the zags are gona get pounded by carolina

lville will roll zona...but i think msu has the tools to beat lville unlike kansas

uconn SHOULD beat purdue, but i think mizzou has a legit shot to upset memph...

can feel the right side of the bracket but i think OU takes cuse late

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

nice thoughts quebb

i am rooting for mizzu but i think memphis's length at the guard position will give them tons of trouble, plus 5 days (sun thru thurs) from coach cal to prepare them for the press is just unfair, the memphis inside game will pulverize mizzu and render them useless in the paint on both ends, they will be forced to hoist up 3's and that plays right into memphis's hands as they'll get long rebounds and start the break

mizzu keeps it close for a half and 10 mins, then memphis runs away at about the 10 min mark in the 2nd half

Mizzou scares me as a Memphis backer but there is no way Mizzou could get past UConn. None.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

i don't like coach cal but when you give him this kind of talent and let him coach he is just a witch, the FT's cost them the title last season, nothing else, they owned everyone in the tourney

losing derrick rose and then replacing him with tyreke evans a 6'6" freak at PG is just unfair and now he has a full season under his belt

in nov, mizzu beats memphis on any floor except memphis hm floor

in late march, on a neutral, coach cal's guys are too much for mizzu

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

Ouch, i have Duke winning it all12io4j2w90

i dont think they'll even get by nova quite frankly

if duke gets by nova then good luck dealing with pitt's defense and inside game

i think your bracket is useless after next wknd

sorry bro

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

People doubting Michigan State are hilarious. People that doubt Izzo in the tournament will be losers in the long haul. USC played a TERRIFIC game and couldn't beat MSU. USC was one of the hottest teams in America.

The teams that have a legit shot at the title.

MSU
'Ville
Conn
NC
Pitt
Memphis

(Oklahoma is on the border) - One player can get it done, see Carmello.

Cuse and Nova have already proven that they're not as good as Pitt, UConn and Louisville so I think it'd be a shock if either of them won. Cuse is playing great, but they still have holes.

No chance Nova can get by Duke, then Pitt, then possibly UNC and then whoever won the otherside. They'll lay an egg before then.

i dont think they'll even get by nova quite frankly

if duke gets by nova then good luck dealing with pitt's defense and inside game

i think your bracket is useless after next wknd

sorry bro
Already made 10x my bracket buy in off of your Ok St. play...thanks again:cheers

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

IMO, Memphis has the most value. Mo, how could you leave Memphis off your list? Best defensive team in America with great size and athleticism. They've been shooting the ball much better too.

Ouch, i have Duke winning it all12io4j2w90

man...they sure do have a tough ass road for a 2 seed...assuming all the 1's do business i think them and mich st have the hardest roads to the title game...drew a deep and experienced texas team...nova up north...pitt...possibly unc...just seems too impossible of a gauntlet IMO...plus they live and die off the 3 ball...one cold night and they will be heading home a sap...

man...they sure do have a tough ass road for a 2 seed...assuming all the 1's do business i think them and mich st have the hardest roads to the title game...drew a deep and experienced texas team...nova up north...pitt...possibly unc...just seems too impossible of a gauntlet IMO...plus they live and die off the 3 ball...one cold night and they will be heading home a sap...
Yeah, i tend to pick a longshot every year. Just dont like being one of the 50 people with UNC to win it all. Definately a longshot, but crazier things have happened.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Yeah, i tend to pick a longshot every year. Just dont like being one of the 50 people with UNC to win it all. Definately a longshot, but crazier things have happened.

Purdue has a better shot of winning it all. Duke can not beat all of those teams. Duke lacks size and consistency, and if they have to play Carolina they have no chance; just like they didn't in the two games this year.

Purdue has a better shot of winning it all. Duke can not beat all of those teams. Duke lacks size and consistency, and if they have to play Carolina they have no chance; just like they didn't in the two games this year.
I dont recall watching either of those games, were they both blowouts?

benny0420

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="22%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Feb 8 9:43pm[/FONT]</TD><TD align=left width="32%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Basketball - Pending[/FONT]</TD><TD width="30%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]50.00 to win 250.00[/FONT]</TD><TD align=right width="15%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial] [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="100%" colSpan=4>[FONT=Verdana, Arial] 1. Basketball Futures - 2008 - 09 NCAA Championship
Odds to win
Team to win the 2008 - 09 NCAA Championship
Connecticut (+500) [pending]
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="22%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Feb 12 12:24am[/FONT]</TD><TD align=left width="32%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Basketball - Pending[/FONT]</TD><TD width="30%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]50.00 to win 342.50[/FONT]</TD><TD align=right width="15%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial] [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="100%" colSpan=4>[FONT=Verdana, Arial] 1. Basketball Futures - 2008 - 09 NCAA Championship
Odds to win
Team to win 2008-09 NCAA Championship
CONNECTICUT (+685) [pending]
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR class=wagerhistpendingentry><TD>Straight </TD><TD>1202</TD><TD>U Conn(Team to win 2008-09 NCAA Championship) </TD><TD>+650</TD><TD></TD><TD>$50.00 </TD><TD>$325.00 </TD><TD>833960</TD><TD>02/14/09 08:08A</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

very good strategy. my 'longshot' last yr was kansas, and this yr it is uconn.

these are/were the #1 seeds getting the least love from bracketeers the last 2 yrs of the tourney

in taking the #1 seed that is most overlooked, you are getting a quality team with a chip on their shoulder

last yr seemingly 90% of the bracketeers i went against in office pools were picking unc, ucla, or memphis to win it all. ku, the big 12 tourney champ was loaded and i knew that self and the sr's were smarting after poor performances in the 3 previous tourneys

this yr, uconn was well behind l'ville, unc, and pitt, and hell, most ppl picked #2 seed memphis to represent the west over uconn

last yr i cleaned house on 7 separate office pools each with minimum 60 players

that takes some luck, but this yr, in pools of at least 80 players i am in no lower than 6th place in every one and if uconn wins it all no one can beat me in these pools, mathematically

every one in these 7 separate office pools better hope that uconn loses or i will talk some serious shit

winning 14 pools in 2 yrs should put me on sportscenter giving pool picks

i'm not joking guys

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

i was in the 99.9the percentile in the espn.com brackets last yr

i was also 97.9th percentile in 2007

picking brackets is 75% scientific and 25% luck

college hoops is my fukken life

tripp

EOG Master

At the start of the tourney they were 8-1:doh1

I got +1200 before the tournament started. People were really low on this team going into the first round for some reason. All they've done to prove themselves is come out and have the best performance in both rounds. Purdue will be a test though, they worry me.

People doubting Michigan State are hilarious. People that doubt Izzo in the tournament will be losers in the long haul. USC played a TERRIFIC game and couldn't beat MSU. USC was one of the hottest teams in America.

The teams that have a legit shot at the title.

MSU
'Ville
Conn
NC
Pitt
Memphis

(Oklahoma is on the border) - One player can get it done, see Carmello.

Cuse and Nova have already proven that they're not as good as Pitt, UConn and Louisville so I think it'd be a shock if either of them won. Cuse is playing great, but they still have holes.

No chance Nova can get by Duke, then Pitt, then possibly UNC and then whoever won the otherside. They'll lay an egg before then.

Nova beat Pitt at home lost to UConn in Storrs by 6 and lost to UL by one at home. Nova is a damn good team.

tripp

EOG Master

uconn
unc
pitt
memphis

i would be very surprised if the winner wasn't one of these six.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Nova beat Pitt at home lost to UConn in Storrs by 6 and lost to UL by one at home. Nova is a damn good team.

Never said they weren't, but they don't have the man power to beat the teams they'd have to beat to win it all. They can't do it. Scottie is too streaky, and if he has a horrible game it makes it tougher on them. They can't beat an elite team with Scottie playing horribly.

They lost three of those games, and even though they were close they still lost.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

uconn
unc
pitt
memphis

i would be very surprised if the winner wasn't one of these six.

Same six I had. I couldn't agree more. Oklahoma could shock the world if they got really hot from the outside, because Griffin should be able to keep them in most games, but that's highly unlikely.

very good strategy. my 'longshot' last yr was kansas, and this yr it is uconn.

these are/were the #1 seeds getting the least love from bracketeers the last 2 yrs of the tourney

in taking the #1 seed that is most overlooked, you are getting a quality team with a chip on their shoulder

last yr seemingly 90% of the bracketeers i went against in office pools were picking unc, ucla, or memphis to win it all. ku, the big 12 tourney champ was loaded and i knew that self and the sr's were smarting after poor performances in the 3 previous tourneys

this yr, uconn was well behind l'ville, unc, and pitt, and hell, most ppl picked #2 seed memphis to represent the west over uconn

last yr i cleaned house on 7 separate office pools each with minimum 60 players

that takes some luck, but this yr, in pools of at least 80 players i am in no lower than 6th place in every one and if uconn wins it all no one can beat me in these pools, mathematically

every one in these 7 separate office pools better hope that uconn loses or i will talk some serious shit

winning 14 pools in 2 yrs should put me on sportscenter giving pool picks

i'm not joking guys

kansas wasnt a long shot at all last year...i picked them w/o a question last year...they had the tools to win it all just like pitt does this year...hopefully the same outcome occurs this year :thumbsup

plus nova couldve stole that UL game too...i cant remember if they missed the tip in lay up as the buzzer went or of UL hit it as the buzzer went? :+clueless