Who can win the Heisman?

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Joe Burrow is 1/10 to win it.

Last year Tua was in the same boat.

So who is the longshot that could get these this season?

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
For value perhaps Jalen Hurts at 10-1.

Hes a multi purpose yardage machine with a high completion efficiency percentage.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I have a bit on the Ohio State QB.

If Burrow loses in the title game and Ohio State is undefeated... it has a chance

And also I have an extreme longshot on the Clemson qb.
"quietly" Clemson is humming on offense.

But for those two to be "live" Burrow would have to lose a game

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Former head football coach and current CBS analyst Rick Neuheisel compared Joe Burrow to Tom Brady.

Let the hype begin.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
Odds to Win 2019 Heisman Trophy
Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook (11/10/2019)

Joe Burrow, LSU 1-10 (Open: 200-1, Feb 26, 2019)
Justin Fields, Ohio St 8-1 (6-1)
Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma 10-1 (6-1)
Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama 10-1 (5-2)
JK Dobbins, Ohio St 40-1 (50-1)
Justin Hebert, Oregon 50-1 (30-1)

Trevor Lawrence, Clemson 100/1 (3-1)

>Note all wagering closes (this) Saturday, November 16, 2019 at close of business

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
It does seem like there is time for Hurts, Fields or maybe even Lawrence to win it (again) although the writers seem to make the call en masse (herd mentality). It does seem really messed up at 1-10 although the kid (Burrow) has been phenomenal and deserves it up to Nov 11. Tua's Draft Stock being hurt in my eyes. I wouldn't want him.

Wikipedia—Selection
Originally only players east of the Mississippi were eligible, but since 1936 all football players in all divisions of college football are eligible for the award, though winners usually represent Division I Football Bowl Subdivision schools.[8]

There are three categories of persons eligible to vote for the award winner:

• Sports journalists: Heisman.com states that sports journalists are to be the determinants of the award since they are "informed, competent, and impartial."[9] There are 870 media voters: 145 voters from each of six regions.
  • Previous Heisman winners (and in cases where an underclassman wins the award and remains in school to play, a prior winner may also be a current candidate). According to Heisman.com there are currently 57 prior winners eligible to vote[9] and, thus, 57 potential votes (a prior winner is not required to vote and does not lose his voting privileges by not voting).
  • Fans: As the Premier Partner of the Heisman Trophy, Nissan has a vote and gives this to the fans. Fan voting done through a survey collected by ESPN on NissanHeismanHouse.com. This constitutes one Heisman vote.
Except for the one vote based on the fan voting, the balloting is based on positional voting, whereby each voter identifies three selections, ranking them in order. Each first-place selection is awarded three points, each second-place selection is awarded two points, and each third-place selection is awarded one point. Voters must make three selections and cannot duplicate a selection, else the ballot is invalid and none of the selections count.[9]