Who else, really likes the Orlando Magic in game 7.. Looks like one of the better plays of the season..

shdw01

EOG Dedicated
Re: Who else, really likes the Orlando Magic in game 7.. Looks like one of the better plays of the season..

nope....i think they are the better team, but I think they lose....esp on the road and esp with their coach.....who i used to LOVE but has made me question a few things the past few games.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated
Re: Who else, really likes the Orlando Magic in game 7.. Looks like one of the better plays of the season..

The way they played tonight u would have to be a fool to bet them in a game 7 in the Garden unless u think it is rigged.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The Magic would win it all if their team, and head coach, weren't both horribly incompetent. Dwight Howard is SHAQ. The Magic fall in love with the three and don't get him the ball in the post. It's embarrassing. Give him the ball 30 times a game and go to work. He'll go 40-20 every night. No one in the league can stop him. He's the most dominating player in the league, and Stan doesn't know how to coach him. They should hire his brother, he knows.

Apple

Banned

I agree about the coach, even the players look like they aren't listening.. But its not like Doc Rivers is that much better..

Apple

Banned

The way they played tonight u would have to be a fool to bet them in a game 7 in the Garden unless u think it is rigged.

Magic have beaten and played them great at the Garden all season.. Why would a must win game 7 make them play worse?

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

Magic have beaten and played them great at the Garden all season.. Why would a must win game 7 make them play worse?

lots of teams play worse in game 7 must-win situations (especially on the road)......looking at boston last year and in the 1st round, these guys are used to the game 7 atmosphere

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Go look at history Gyno. Home teams are like 90 percent in game 7's. Seeing the line is two im sure the action will be all one sided on Boston and when that is the case with Boston Allen forgets how to play. So it will be Orlando for me or nothing. I still believe the NBA doesn't want a defensive team anywhere near Lebron so look for Orlando to get every call with that joke of a line. You could put that line at 4 or 5 and still get all Boston Action. Why only 1.5/2?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Go look at history Gyno. Home teams are like 90 percent in game 7's. Seeing the line is two im sure the action will be all one sided on Boston and when that is the case with Boston Allen forgets how to play. So it will be Orlando for me or nothing. I still believe the NBA doesn't want a defensive team anywhere near Lebron so look for Orlando to get every call with that joke of a line. You could put that line at 4 or 5 and still get all Boston Action. Why only 1.5/2?

This is also largely due to the fact that the Home team in a game seven is usually better than the road team; nearly every time actually. This time, it's different, the Magic are better than the Celtics but they won't win because their coach is mentally challenged, and because for some reason everyone in the world knows how the Magic can win, except for their own team and coach.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

This is also largely due to the fact that the Home team in a game seven is usually better than the road team; nearly every time actually. This time, it's different, the Magic are better than the Celtics but they won't win because their coach is mentally challenged, and because for some reason everyone in the world knows how the Magic can win, except for their own team and coach.

What did u see tonight that shows Orlando is better? They got out played the whole game.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

13 foul shots for Boston. 31 for Orlando. That dirty little secret the NBA likes to use. 31 freaking fouls shots will help a team that is getting out played.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

What did u see tonight that shows Orlando is better? They got out played the whole game.

Dwight Howard is the most dominating figure in the NBA. If they gave him the ball 30+ times a game they'd have a chance vs. Cleveland too. They just don't give him the ball enough. They fall in love with the three....

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Dwight Howard is the most dominating figure in the NBA. If they gave him the ball 30+ times a game they'd have a chance vs. Cleveland too. They just don't give him the ball enough. They fall in love with the three....

You are not giving perkins near enough credit. He is playing howard extremely well in the post. Howard is a beast but just going to him and his raw offensive game will not win. Turkuglu pulling his head out of his ass would.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Howard isn't the type of post player you just feed the ball to and he scores 30 points. Most of his points are offensive rebounds and junk plays.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

You are not giving perkins near enough credit. He is playing howard extremely well in the post. Howard is a beast but just going to him and his raw offensive game will not win. Turkuglu pulling his head out of his ass would.

Perkins can't guard him for 60 minutes. If they go to Howard early, they can get Perkins in foul trouble. I think Stan holds Dwight down offensively. They don't call many plays for him throughout a game, and although his skills can be raw, so were shaqs. He can beast anyone he wants.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Perkins can't guard him for 60 minutes. If they go to Howard early, they can get Perkins in foul trouble. I think Stan holds Dwight down offensively. They don't call many plays for him throughout a game, and although his skills can be raw, so were shaqs. He can beast anyone he wants.

They could use him in some more pick and rolls to get him involved, but dumping him the ball in the post against perkins time and time again will not work. Boston will double some and he struggles to pass out of them. Perkins playing him well time and time again down there. That lazer beam hook shot not a pretty thing. Even tonight he was not getting his on post up situations. Me thinks you are drastically overestimating his post up game and Perkins defensive ability.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I am underrating Perkins a little bit, but Dwight is much quicker than him. Run the pick and role and get him on the move towards the basket. Have him set up base line screens and roll around those. Get him moving, and in the direction of the basket, and he'll be impossible to stop. They just have him run around in the post setting top of the key screens and then standing there. That won't get it done.

Apple

Banned

That will stop in game 7.. Howard is going to get them into the Conference Finals..

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

He's out of the paint on 30% of their shots it seems. That should never happen. Stan does not work well with him.

Really, Howard just needs to learn how to dribble. Then he can get good post position and they can dump it in. Dribble twice and do a spin, the only one shaq moved, to the basket and dunk it. Worked every time for the Diesel.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I am underrating Perkins a little bit, but Dwight is much quicker than him. Run the pick and role and get him on the move towards the basket. Have him set up base line screens and roll around those. Get him moving, and in the direction of the basket, and he'll be impossible to stop. They just have him run around in the post setting top of the key screens and then standing there. That won't get it done.

Yeah I agree with running more rolls with him. He has to be careful not to charge as Boston does rotate well, but they should explore that a little more.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I actually think that Howard has gotten a bad rap offensively, partly because of how incompetent Van Gundy is.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Yeah I agree with running more rolls with him. He has to be careful not to charge as Boston does rotate well, but they should explore that a little more.

It's game 7. It's the NBA. Dwight Howard will be able to run people over all day if he's getting to the bucket.

Apple

Banned

O.K lets say Orlando plays their best game, and Boston plays their best game..

Who wins??

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Orlando.

Apple

Banned

I agree 100%

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

You also have to take into account the fact that Boston is more likely to play their best game.

Apple

Banned

I don't think so, I think since their @ home the pressure is on them..

Apple

Banned

Seeing that everyone is on the Celts, I'm guessing this line is going to move.. I'm gonna wait and get a better price.

Cannon

Banned

$400 for me.

Apple

Banned

Margin of error less for Magic IMO..

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

home NBA teams win game 7 at a 80% clip. Not much at all to lay 2 to get the home team. Or just moneyline them. very much disagree with an Orlando pick.

Apple

Banned

Wow two forums, and almost everyone likes Bos.. I must be nuts

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Gyno the Magic are a great bet. Boston is on fumes right now, too many games vs Chicago and they won a grueling series. Also, this isn't the same Boston team as last year that had this unbelievable karma at home. They were down by THIRTY points in one game at home in this series and they were terrible the other night at home and only won because Starbury hit 5 shots in a row when no one else could get up and down the floor.

The Magic were bad tonight and they really won easy. If they made half their free throws they blow out Boston.

This is the end of the Boston run for this year. They are too tired to keep spotting teams 30 and 15 and coming back to win.

Also, and here's another little interesting angle that i like to use from time to time. Boston KNOWS that Lebron is going to trash them and embarrass them. They know they're dead tired and they know that if this isn't the end, the next series will be the end. The last time Boston visited Lebron they got embarrassed and run out of town, they know in their hearts and guts they aren't going to beat Cleve so that's why they'll lose here to avoid the ultimate humiliation at the hands of the newly elected King (who is incredibly well rested and fresh btw)

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Boston could be a bit tired, they have been playing hard games. but game 7 is not till Sunday which means 2 days off. They will be plenty fresh by Sunday, fired up, fired up home crowd, momentum builds. Its game 7, means all-in even if it was tomorrow.

NBA home team game 7 fades are a very tough road to go down. Not impossible, but I disagree.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Boston could be a bit tired, they have been playing hard games. but game 7 is not till Sunday which means 2 days off. They will be plenty fresh by Sunday, fired up, fired up home crowd, momentum builds. Its game 7, means all-in even if it was tomorrow.

NBA home team game 7 fades are a very tough road to go down. Not impossible, but I disagree.

The stench of the Bruins choke will still be smoldering in the rafters of the famed garden and it might rub off on the Celtics.

Celts should be slight fave but i'm sure they'll be a somewhat heavy fave here. Grab some ML and grab some points.

tripp

EOG Master

Orlando is clearly the better team and I think they win.

Both teams are only a bit above average though. Neither have a shot vs the Cavs.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

u can't even give this guy the ball late because he is a liability at the foul line. This guy can't hit a shot outside of a dunk.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

They could use him in some more pick and rolls to get him involved, but dumping him the ball in the post against perkins time and time again will not work. Boston will double some and he struggles to pass out of them. Perkins playing him well time and time again down there. That lazer beam hook shot not a pretty thing. Even tonight he was not getting his on post up situations. Me thinks you are drastically overestimating his post up game and Perkins defensive ability.

Looks like u are watching the same Howard as me. He doesn't have the greatest hands in the world either. LOts of times u throw him the ball it just goes off of his hands and into the stands.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

The Magic were bad tonight and they really won easy. If they made half their free throws they blow out Boston.

Did u say this with a straight face? :doh1 What did u do pick up the sboxcore on Don Best and decide Orlando won easily? They almost got triple the foul shots as Boston and were losing the entire game till the end and looked awful all night long.