Who is taking the vaccine?

mr merlin

EOG Master
only a million people got it though... not fast enough..
It appears many states are stalling on the distribution, one would think with infection levels where they are and people dying they would use it up as fast as it comes in, but in state after state there are reports that they received 50 or 80K doses but 4-5 days later have only given a few thousand injections.

South Dakota is once again the most well run state when it comes to covid response - they have already vaccinated about 1% of their population.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
They can, of course they assume their employees will buckle and do what they're told, , if 20-25-30% said no way, you can fire us, they'd back down in an instant.
Part of the stimulus negotiations included whether or not a employer is liable for a worker getting Covid at work. This is an interesting case that probably ends up in the Supreme Court.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Part of the stimulus negotiations included whether or not a employer is liable for a worker getting Covid at work. This is an interesting case that probably ends up in the Supreme Court.
Isn't that ridiculous considering the tens of thousands dead in nursing homes from the malfeasance of a various governors - who will never be sued.

Approx 3 million doses of the vaccine were sent out starting last weekend, as of yesterday only 270,000 had been administered...warp speed.

railbird

EOG Master
"THE LORD IS MY LIGHT AND MY SALVATION; whom SHALL I FEAR? THE LORD IS THE STRENGTH OF MY LIFE; OF whom SHALL I BE AFRAID? WHEN THE wicked, EVEN MINE enemies AND foes, CAME UP AGAINST ME TO EAT UP MY FLESH, they STUMBLED AND FELL." PSALM 27:1-2. + + +

Comment

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
"THE LORD IS MY LIGHT AND MY SALVATION; whom SHALL I FEAR? THE LORD IS THE STRENGTH OF MY LIFE; OF whom SHALL I BE AFRAID? WHEN THE wicked, EVEN MINE enemies AND foes, CAME UP AGAINST ME TO EAT UP MY FLESH, they STUMBLED AND FELL." PSALM 27:1-2. + + +

Comment

Where did your maskless thread go?
Are you deleting your own threads now you coward...

railbird

EOG Master
My guess is you wait til 09/21. Herd immunity should be upon us or, politics will still prevail.
until china is removed from usa, we are toast. when usa was a waspy nation it prevailed, now its a shithole
will be interesting what the 3 Federalist society judges say, Clarence Thomas only one with character on entire court.

Comment

God or Russia, if you are listening. Prove you are by killing this motherfucking traitor. Thanks in advance 👍

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Doctor here in Florida got the vaccine and has passed away.......

I'm sure it depends on who does the autopsy as to whether it was what killed him or not.

Details to follow.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Doctor here in Florida got the vaccine and has passed away.......

I'm sure it depends on who does the autopsy as to whether it was what killed him or not.

Details to follow.

Wouldn't it be ironic that if this doctor did die from getting the vaccine that they don't mark him down as dying from covid?

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Yeah that would be a twist.....

In the beginning of the hysteria hospitals were getting bonuses for the more deaths they reported as being from COVID.

Actual federal dollars were sent so lots of fake deaths were attributed....

Now it's probably the opposite. After the vaccine NOBODY is allowed to die from COVID.

This was clearly a heart issue.

pete mcmeat

EOG Senior Member
my 94yr old grandma got covid and went to the hospital and got a shot and was out the next day........one of my best friends and toughest guy i know was laid up for over 2 weeks and said it felt like he was beat by 6 guys with baseball bats...

so many different stories...

Valuist

EOG Master
If there was any previous chance of me taking it, hearing that those with allergies to sulfa drugs and penicillin shouldn't take it, so I'm definitely out. I will let others be the guinea pigs.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If there was any previous chance of me taking it, hearing that those with allergies to sulfa drugs and penicillin shouldn't take it, so I'm definitely out. I will let others be the guinea pigs.

As I understand it, if the vaccinations get to 70-75% of the population, the remainder of the people will be covered via herd immunity.

cheapseats

EOG Master
As I understand it, if the vaccinations get to 70-75% of the population, the remainder of the people will be covered via herd immunity.
That is the tune there're signing now, when low inoculation numbers come home to roost, the fat ladies will sing a different tune.

mr merlin

EOG Master
close to 100 million people have already had covid- approx 30% nationwide, we only need to vaccinate 30-40% more to get there. vaccinating 125-150 million people would be plenty.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Worldometer says only 23 million cases in US.
Yea, but we all know that many times that either had no symptoms or very small symptoms and never got tested(especially early on), if you estimate 2 or 3 for every proven positive you can easily get to 100 million.

Even now with cases running 250K a day the true number is prob 600-800K/day, meaning 4-5 million people /week are catching it right now, do the math. In certain states it's likely 50% or more have already had it.

MrTop

EOG Master
A top official from Moderna told investors Monday that its coronavirus vaccine is believed to offer immunity to the virus for up to one year.