who is the best boxing guy in the world for numbers

Ironlock said:
I agree BP...and by the way, thanks for not EVER putting me on your notorious mailing lists. ;)

no prob man if you ever get spammed I will remove you no problems IF being the key wordcheers

UBM

EOG Member
who is the best boxing guy for numbers

who is the best boxing guy for numbers

For many years Herbie hoops set the opening line for las vegas.He also has a great opinion.Give credit to the man that deserves it.

LOLdamnit misread the thread but I still give joey a hand now and then frustrated He does an excellent job for the most part.

Baxter doesnt get the info anymore like Bagels

NOBODY even close imo the most revered linesguy for fights on the planet

mvbski

EOG Enthusiast
UBM said:
For many years Herbie hoops set the opening line for las vegas.He also has a great opinion.Give credit to the man that deserves it.
Currently ODDESSA is the best IMOP but there will never be anyone that compares to Herbie,I had the pleasure of working with him for a number of years and there was nobody better than making a price on a fight.

The thing you boys are forgetting is back years ago there were not lines on everything so it was way easier to make tight lines.

If there are 3 football games a week i would think it is very easy to make solid lines.

Oddessa covers everything from wrestling, ufc and boxing so you would have to say he is by far the best linesmaker in world and those guys back in the day could not compete with him.

jjgold said:
The thing you boys are forgetting is back years ago there were not lines on everything so it was way easier to make tight lines.

If there are 3 football games a week i would think it is very easy to make solid lines.

Oddessa covers everything from wrestling, ufc and boxing so you would have to say he is by far the best linesmaker in world and those guys back in the day could not compete with him.

I partially agree, there is a lot more stuff to make lines on these days with UFC and Wrestling. Someone can know a LOT about boxing and still suck at betting the other 2 (I suck at MMA, don't bet wrestling). Pretty difficult to be sharp in all 3 area's. It's easier to make a line on a few big fights than on damn near every signifigant fight there is. Then again the thread title did say boxing and not just fights:)

mvbski

EOG Enthusiast
Read the title of the thread

No where doe's it say wrestling,UFC or any other sport and I would take the word of Bob Martin who said Herbie was the best he ever saw.Call Cris's head linesman Jack L and ask who in his opinion is the best ever and I guarante you he will say Herbie.

Well if it just boxing Oddessa still wins the competiton, some of oldtimers mentioned put lines out on a few big fights a year and every square in the world would bet boxing back in the day so you cannot say they were sharp.

Todays boxing game with internet gambling and all the fights so many have access to bet and every sharp in world is taking shots at the lines so you better know what the fuk your doing or your going to get buried.

Oddessa wins hands down as the greats boxing linesmaker in the world and has lines on most fights whether real obscure ones or big time events.

I also know Val numbers that guys really respect and many locals around nation consult him.

victorygallop

EOG Member
Its not as hard as it used to be.
These days you put a number up 2 months before the fight with nickel limits.
By the time fight week rolls in, you have a decent idea where the action is going. hplayers are essentially setting the lines.

mvbski

EOG Enthusiast
jjgold said:
Well if it just boxing Oddessa still wins the competiton, some of oldtimers mentioned put lines out on a few big fights a year and every square in the world would bet boxing back in the day so you cannot say they were sharp.

Todays boxing game with internet gambling and all the fights so many have access to bet and every sharp in world is taking shots at the lines so you better know what the fuk your doing or your going to get buried.

Oddessa wins hands down as the greats boxing linesmaker in the world and has lines on most fights whether real obscure ones or big time events.

I also know Val numbers that guys really respect and many locals around nation consult him.
Yeah your right JJ guys like B Baxter,T Fishcer,B Martin were nothing but squares and only bet a few fights a year for shits and giggles and all those big fights in Vegas brought in nothing but 20.00 bets on the dogs.Thanks for getting the facts straight for me I thought all those years in Vegas with your friend TotalSquare talking fights with Herbie were real but now I know they were just a dream. cheers

Krackman

EOG Senior Member
BettingProphets said:
Baxter doesnt get the info anymore like Bagels

NOBODY even close imo the most revered linesguy for fights on the planet

ARE YOU SERIOUS????????

DO SOME OF YOU GUYS KNOW WHO BAXTER AND HERBIE IS???

Nothing against Odessa but c,mon !!!

Hi my name is Mr. Baxter and I bet and 5 prize fights a year where 75% of the time they were rigged and I knew who was going to win so I am sharp!!
LMAO!!!!

Hi my name is Oddessa I put up openers up on fights every week and on all types of circuits and weight levels. Well the majority of fights most of you have not heard of the guys but I have contacts all over the Country and all types of information to put bettable lines up. Boxing betting is now bigger than ever thanks to Net and lines put up by Oddessa.

Baxter would of been broke if he had to put lines up on todays fights and if he had to bet them he would be broke.

Most fights were fixed years ago and the insiders knew who was going to win.

I am Br. Baxter and very smart.

Krackman stick to poker and Sports as this is not your arena.

Why does every book in the world copy Oddessa'a numbers??

UBM

EOG Member

I wish Odessa would of been in Las Vegas in the 80s when you could bet boxing after each round at the Showboat.Then we would not have this discussion .When Odessa lets people bet what Bob M. use to let them bet, then hell get my respect.

mvbski

EOG Enthusiast
UBM said:
I wish Odessa would of been in Las Vegas in the 80s when you could bet boxing after each round at the Showboat.Then we would not have this discussion .When Odessa lets people bet what Bob M. use to let them bet, then hell get my respect.
There was more betting going on between rounds than most books take on a big fight.UBM I was at many of those fights with Herbie and Tommy S the ex fighter,I use to just watch with amazement the action between rounds and how quickly Herbie and the others would make a new price on a fighter after one round.

Did a quick search on herb lambeck and didn't see much from recent. Is he still alive?

Is Billy Baxter a bookie or a gambler? I thought he was a gambler?

rainbow

EOG Master
valdosta said:
Did a quick search on herb lambeck and didn't see much from recent. Is he still alive?

Is Billy Baxter a bookie or a gambler? I thought he was a gambler?

Lets just say he is a guy that will straighten up your line for you.

Rainbow I would put my money on Val or Oddessa anytime in making lines against any bettor/linesmaker ever.

Good Luck Boys and a very civil thread

jjgold said:
Rainbow I would put my money on Val or Oddessa anytime in making lines against any bettor/linesmaker ever.

Stop that, I am not a bookmaker:nono Odessa is the numbers person, I am just real good at picking out stuff that is wrong. Now and then I can help him out as we are pretty close friends.

rainbow

EOG Master
jjgold said:

I know one thing for sure if BB bets anybody on on a fight I defintely want in with him, he will bring down the CHEESE.

Ok Val..........numbers wise I would go with Oddessa

If some guy told me I had to bet 50 Dimes on a fight I woud bet who you bet instead of anyone else in the world.

I use to watch sparring for 11 years in the gyms of Newark so I know whats going on.

Horseshoe

EOG Senior Member
Seems to be a somewhat civil johnson contest going on here.

Few can argue that Odessa is hands down top linemaker of fighting in today's market, while few can argue that BM, HH, & BB haven't been top fight line setters and adjustors for much of the last 30 years.

And Val you have made me serious nice coin to UFC tilts..thanks!

P.S. JJ, can your horse win WSOP bracelets, hustle golf, clobber mistakes & totals, call "the king of the game" a best buddy of his, on speed dial or cell at any hour?...and master most any sport equally?

Just teasing, as Odessa is THE FIGHT MAN right now.

DRUNK

EOG Member
Krackman said:
ARE YOU SERIOUS????????

DO SOME OF YOU GUYS KNOW WHO BAXTER AND HERBIE IS???

Nothing against Odessa but c,mon !!!

Exactly. Odessa likes boxing, but C"MON, he is not even in there league.:+signs9-1

rainbow

EOG Master
DRUNK said:
Exactly. Odessa likes boxing, but C"MON, he is not even in there league.:+signs9-1

That's the problem, so many dont know who he is. I wish I had 10% of what BB won in his life betting boxing.