Who's the best pure 'athlete' in the NFL?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
1) Randy Moss

2) Antonio Cromartie

3) Devin Hester

4) Ladanian Tomlinson

5) Antonio Gates

6) Brian Westbrook

7) Vince Young

8) Reggie Bush

9) Joshua Cribbs

10) Vernon Davis

11) Larry Fitzgerald

12) Adrian Peterson

13) T.O.

14)Andre Johnson

15) Donald Driver

16) Plaxico Burress

17) Asante Samuel

18) Ocho Cinco

19) Steven Jackson

20) Other

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: Who's the best pure 'athlete' in the NFL?

Power-speed- agility-athleticism = PETERSON (even after is shit game)

brad8056

EOG Member

2 weeks ago, it was hands down Sean Taylor. half man, half beast. nicknamed meast by his teamates. I have heard many coaches and players say hands down he was the best athlete that they had ever seen

rayray

EOG Dedicated

the best athlete that nobody wants to admit is probably matt jones. guy can play any offensive or defensive position (not including the line, obviously) as well as take any nba wannabe, in the nfl, to the hole in hoops. its really rare to see a white boy who could have played in the nba instead of the nfl if he wanted to

Journeyman

EOG Master

That wasnt one of your requirements.

No but Owens doesn't have a weakness really, soemtiems he does drop the ball , his only weakness...

As for comparing Moss to Owens, the question was pure athlete, Owens is stronger than Moss, not even close and much more consistent over the years, heart is part of the equation, the engine that drives the athlete, Moss has [proven he doesn't have that big of a heart....

Moss is a devastating WR when he wants to be that wasn't the question though.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I know who i would take first quarterbacks not included and its Westbrook. Watching this kid day in and day out he is a stud. If he only had a quarterback who knew how to hit him in stride he would have twice the yards he picks up. Some of these catches he makes from this clown Mcnab are breath taking. His ribs must kill him after the game just stretching for them, and he is only 10 feet away from Mcnab. Yesterday for the first time all year Mcnab hit him in stride and Westbrook fumbled. I think Westbrook was stunned:LMAO.

Rxx

EOG Veteran

i would put Steve Smith from Carolina near the top.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Jman,

To have 'heart' for a wide receiver means going over the middle and TO has shown he'll gator arm a ball in a heartbeat. He's got talent but I don't consider TO to have heart. He's worried about TO and that's it.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Rock Cartright
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Ted Washington? :+clueless
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Seriously, from that list, Fitz or Moss....

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

We need that old show Superstars to pick a true best. Jeremy Bloom would win but he got cut by the Eagles. He did win Superstars two years ago or so.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Remember when Lynn Swann dominated the Superstars he was an obstacle course master...Bob Segram was the original Superstars champ

Reggie...but like they say the kid needs to learn how to be a pro and play the game right.