Why Did They Wait So Long To Pull Plug On Mariota?

Heim

EOG Master
The guy has been skipping passes with zero pressure for years. Just never had it. Tannehill won't be a
downgrade. Think Mariota done in Tennessee.

Heim

EOG Master
I called him a bust last year.

Now finally official

Yup. Great college quarterback but like Manziel and most likely Murray a product of their college system. NFL teams spend millions
on scouting but never ask themselves that question.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Only seven quarterbacks were selected in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Looks like 0-for-7.

Jameis Winston (1), Marcus Mariota (2), Garrett Grayson (75), Sean Mannion (89), Bryce Petty (103), Brett Hundley (147) and Trevor Siemian (250).

Heim

EOG Master
Only seven quarterbacks were selected in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Looks like 0-for-7.

Jameis Winston (1), Marcus Mariota (2), Garrett Grayson (75), Sean Mannion (89), Bryce Petty (103), Brett Hundley (147) and Trevor Siemian (250).

The jury is still out on Jameis 'Where Da White Women At' Winston. No joke...I would take a gunslinger like him over Goff any day.

Sleepy

EOG Master
Sleepy that guy at the other forum must be crushed. He was very gay for Marcus. Either that or was his pop.

We haven’t seen that guy post in a long time. Probably killed himself over the fact Mariotta sucks and all the Tennessee teams are shit.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Mariota is an elite talent also.

We are talking in the context of NFL QB's here. Mariota not even in the same stratosphere when it comes to throwing the football. Murray is an elite athlete AND passer of the football. Thus an elite talent.

Mariota is a great athlete. But he was never an accurate passer at the NFL level. Very inconsistent.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Murray's good games vs poor NFL defenses./QUOTE]

That's half true. He lit did light up Detroit in the 2nd half week one. Detroit's defense is decent.

If we are going to use this sort of logic, then let's discount New England's 6-0 start. They've pretty much played garbage.

Murray had a ton of doubters coming into the season. If those doubters were being genuine, they would admit that he's been far from a bust so far. It's early though. In my opinion you need to put two good seasons together. The true test is year two after NFL DC's have a year of film on you.

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
That's half true. He lit did light up Detroit in the 2nd half week one. Detroit's defense is decent.

If we are going to use this sort of logic, then let's discount New England's 6-0 start. They've pretty much played garbage.

Murray had a ton of doubters coming into the season. If those doubters were being genuine, they would admit that he's been far from a bust so far. It's early though. In my opinion you need to put two good seasons together. The true test is year two after NFL DC's have a year of film on you.

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete
i got nothing against little people, but once his schedule heats up let's see how he does

you can't claim guy is not a bust after 6 games. RG3, Kaep, etc

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
i got nothing against little people, but once his schedule heats up let's see how he does

you can't claim guy is not a bust after 6 games. RG3, Kaep, etc

Fair enough. I agree.

But put me on record as saying people in two years will laugh at a Murray to Mariota comparison. Murray will be a far superior QB than Mariota ever was at the NFL level.