Why does G Bush just not talk with this lady?

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Cindy Sheehan. Precedent my ass. I know he can't take every citizens knock, but C'mon.

Political opinions can be shared nicely btw. cocktail

I'm with you General!! After all she has given a son to this country, what's his problem. That really upsets me.

Scarlett

The General said:
Cindy Sheehan. Precedent my ass. I know he can't take every citizens knock, but C'mon.

He already met with her at the White House earlier in the year and she thought he was aloof and treated it like a meet and greet .... a little known tid bit.

THE SHRINK said:
POLITICS??? smoke

I think the Over/Under for Xpanda entering this thread is 10 minutes...

I'll take the under for 50 push ups unless she is buried in the Hot Gossip section

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Forget Dem or Repub for minute. Would any Prez meet a 2nd time with a person who said this (below) about him? HONESTLY

"We are not waging a war on terror in this country. We?re waging a war of terror. The biggest terrorist in the world is George W. Bush!"

So declared Cindy Sheehan earlier this year during a rally at San Francisco State University.

Sheehan unleashed a foul-mouth tirade on April 27, 2005:

"They?re a bunch of fucking hypocrites! And we need to, we just need to rise up..." Sheehan said of the Bush administration.

"If George Bush believes his rhetoric and his bullshit, that this is a war for freedom and democracy, that he is spreading freedom and democracy, does he think every person he kills makes Iraq more free?"

"The whole world is damaged. Our humanity is damaged. If he thinks that it?s so important for Iraq to have a U.S.-imposed sense of freedom and democracy, then he needs to sign up his two little party-animal girls. They need to go to this war."

"We want our country back and, if we have to impeach everybody from George Bush down to the person who picks up dog shit in Washington, we will impeach all those people."

<!-- / message -->

Everfresh

EOG Senior Member
It's simple "we made a mistake, we're sorry, we're trying to clean it up"

What's so difficult about that?

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Everfresh said:

If Dubya believes they made a "mistake" then he should tell the whole world with a primetime news conference, not in a meeting with Cindy Sheehan. This is not about Casey, an hero, or his mother. It's much bigger!

Everfresh said:

What's so difficult about that?

That would work fine in a non-partisan world but if the White House made that statement it would damage the Republican Party as a whole and severely hamper their efforts to win the 2008 election; it would also hinder some House and Senate elections coming up in 15 months.

Very Sad ... but Washington is 10 times more screwed up than the offshore industry.

X

xpanda

Meeting with her would only be a public relations stage anyway. What's the point? More lip service, more sound bites, more blah blah blah yaawwwwwnnnnnnn ....

But, Bush only meets with people with a PhD in Butt Sniffing.

Ms. Sheehan apparently misssed a few classes.

The General said:

I agree General but if it gets to out of hand hopefully you will have a political forum I think most come here for sports

CINDY BAILS OUT

Well, at long last, Cindy Sheehan has left Crawford, Texas. It doesn't matter if she's still there or not, the media has now officially anointed her the face of the anti-Iraq war movement. Cindy says she is going to be at her ailing mother's side...but she says she'll be back. A couple things on this:

1.) Will she come back? And if she doesn't, will anyone call her on it? Not a chance...the media has already elevated Saint Cindy to official Bush-bashing icon status.

2.) Will she follow through on her promise to follow Bush wherever he goes...including back to Washington? I doubt it...she's gotten all the attention she wants....what further purpose would be served by protesting anymore?

Cindy will probably continue protesting from the comfort of a television studio somewhere. And you can expect the leftist media to continue to lap up her nonsense, completely unchallenged. But at least we won't have to hear her daily pontifications from Crawford, Texas anymore.

Jazz

EOG Member
Bush already met with her once. I like the following sentiments expressed below:

CINDY SHEEHAN: COMMANDER IN GRIEF

August 17, 2005

COPYRIGHT 2005 ANN COULTER

To expiate the pain of losing her firstborn son in the Iraq war, Cindy Sheehan decided to cheer herself up by engaging in Stalinist agitprop outside President Bush's Crawford ranch. It's the strangest method of grieving I've seen since Paul Wellstone's funeral. Someone needs to teach these liberals how to mourn.

Call me old-fashioned, but a grief-stricken war mother shouldn't have her own full-time PR flack. After your third profile on "Entertainment Tonight," you're no longer a grieving mom; you're a C-list celebrity trolling for a book deal or a reality show.

We're sorry about Ms. Sheehan's son, but the entire nation was attacked on 9/11. This isn't about her personal loss. America has been under relentless attack from Islamic terrorists for 20 years, culminating in a devastating attack on U.S. soil on 9/11 . It's not going to stop unless we fight back, annihilate Muslim fanatics, destroy their bases, eliminate their sponsors and end all their hope. A lot more mothers will be grieving if our military policy is: No one gets hurt!

Fortunately, the Constitution vests authority to make foreign policy with the president of the United States, not with this week's sad story. But liberals think that since they have been able to produce a grieving mother, the commander in chief should step aside and let Cindy Sheehan make foreign policy for the nation. As Maureen Dowd said, it's "inhumane" for Bush not "to understand that the moral authority of parents who bury children killed in Iraq is absolute."

I'm not sure what "moral authority" is supposed to mean in that sentence, but if it has anything to do with Cindy Sheehan dictating America's foreign policy, then no, it is not "absolute." It's not even conditional, provisional, fleeting, theoretical or ephemeral.

The logical, intellectual and ethical shortcomings of such a statement are staggering. If one dead son means no one can win an argument with you, how about two dead sons? What if the person arguing with you is a mother who also lost a son in Iraq and she's pro-war? Do we decide the winner with a coin toss? Or do we see if there's a woman out there who lost two children in Iraq and see what she thinks about the war?

Dowd's "absolute" moral authority column demonstrates, once again, what can happen when liberals start tossing around terms they don't understand like "absolute" and "moral." It seems that the inspiration for Dowd's column was also absolute. On the rocks.

Liberals demand that we listen with rapt attention to Sheehan, but she has nothing new to say about the war. At least nothing we haven't heard from Michael Moore since approximately 11 a.m., Sept. 11, 2001. It's a neocon war; we're fighting for Israel; it's a war for oil; Bush lied, kids died; there is no connection between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaida. Turn on MSNBC's "Hardball" and you can hear it right now. At this point, Cindy Sheehan is like a touring company of Air America radio : Same old script and it's not even the original cast.

These arguments didn't persuade Hillary Clinton or John McCain to vote against the war. They didn't persuade Democratic primary voters, who unceremoniously dumped anti-war candidate Howard Dean in favor of John Kerry , who voted for the war before he voted against it. They certainly didn't persuade a majority of American voters who re-upped George Bush's tenure as the nation's commander in chief last November.

But now liberals demand that we listen to the same old arguments all over again, not because Sheehan has any new insights, but because she has the ability to repel dissent by citing her grief.

On the bright side, Sheehan shows us what Democrats would say if they thought they were immunized from disagreement. Sheehan has called President Bush "that filth-spewer and warmonger." She says "America has been killing people on this continent since it was started" and "the killing has gone on unabated for over 200 years." She calls the U.S. government a "morally repugnant system" and says, "This country is not worth dying for." I have a feeling every time this gal opens her trap, Michael Moore gets a residuals check.

Evidently, however, there are some things worth killing for. Sheehan recently said she only seemed calm "because if I started hitting something, I wouldn't stop 'til it was dead." It's a wonder Bush won't meet with her.

COPYRIGHT 2005 ANN COULTER

The fact of the matter is, if we would have known the truth about the Iraq situation, public opinion, would probably not been in favor of war.

watson

EOG Enthusiast
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1>We want our country back and, if we have to impeach everybody from George Bush down to the person who picks up dog shit in Washington, we will impeach all those people."
<!-- / message -->
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2> </TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Why should the go who picks up dog sh*t get axed? Arent things tough enough for him.

Jazz

EOG Member
It has nothing to do with Ann - she's correct about this woman, or any person attempting to exude 'moral authority' in this situation - doesn't give her the right to meet with the President on her terms when she's ALREADY met with him.

She needs to get a fcking life, now that her husband filed for divorce last week (I can imagine why), move on and quit playing into the hands of the groups that are using her. Flavor of the moment for those groups, nothing more, and she too will pass.

"These arguments didn't persuade Hillary Clinton or John McCain to vote against the war. They didn't persuade Democratic primary voters, who unceremoniously dumped anti-war candidate Howard Dean in favor of John Kerry , who voted for the war before he voted against it. They certainly didn't persuade a majority of American voters who re-upped George Bush's tenure as the nation's commander in chief last November."

Things would be quite different if we had actually be given the truth.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Jazz said:
It has nothing to do with Ann - she's correct about this woman, or any person attempting to exude 'moral authority' in this situation - doesn't give her the right to meet with the President on her terms when she's ALREADY met with him.

She needs to get a fcking life, now that her husband filed for divorce last week (I can imagine why), move on and quit playing into the hands of the groups that are using her. Flavor of the moment for those groups, nothing more, and she too will pass.
Losing a son needlessly tends to put a strain on most marriages! I guess losing a son is not enough reason to oppose this president for a good fascist Bush follower!

"We're sorry about Ms. Sheehan's son, but the entire nation was attacked on 9/11."

Not surprisingly, she's spouting the same crap as this ridiculous administration. Once AGAIN, one of these nuts trying to link the Iraq War with 9/11 without actually ever explaining what one has to do with another.

We're on justification #22 as the first 21 have been discredited-the democracizing of Iraq. After we leave, whether it's tommorow or ten years from now, that country will fall into civil war and 'evolve' into Iran-lite.

So we will have suceeded in turning a country that previously was non-secular into another theocracy run by radical fundamentalists. Yeah, great idea.

On the actual topic of this thread, I don't think he has any obligation to meet with her again, but maybe he should think about why the f*ck we're there and make a proper and rational decision regarding Iraq for once. .

Jazz

EOG Member
Arguing about the war is a different topic - the point of this one was whether ANY mother or father who lost a child in a war, ANY war, has some special right to demand a SECOND audience with the President (she already met with him). Any President of the United States, regardless of their party affiliation, who will grant anyone like this even more of his time has got to be a fcking idiot - and I sincerely hope he doesn't.

How about those who've lost children in the war who SUPPORT the war - that give them a right, do you think, to demand meetings with Ted Kennedy on his annual vacation in order to discuss their differences with HIS foreign policy??

Get real.

Jazz said:
Arguing about the war is a different topic - the point of this one was whether ANY mother or father who lost a child in a war, ANY war, has some special right to demand a SECOND audience with the President (she already met with him). Any President of the United States, regardless of their party affiliation, who will grant anyone like this even more of his time has got to be a fcking idiot - and I sincerely hope he doesn't.

How about those who've lost children in the war who SUPPORT the war - that give them a right, do you think, to demand meetings with Ted Kennedy on his annual vacation in order to discuss their differences with HIS foreign policy??

Get real.

Not sure if that post was directed at me, but i'm pretty sure I posted that I agree that he has no obligation to see her again.

Jazz

EOG Member
No, kosar, not at you - I did see you agreed. It's silly to see how the media fuels these non-events into something like this.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Jazz said:

Get real.
The only reason a parent who has had a child killed in this war would support this war would be to soothe their own guilt for having lost their child for no good reason!
You are definitely right about Presidents meeting with parents' of kids killed in this war or any other war! Them meeting with a President would show that they actually had a heart and would be the wrong message to send to a world that does not know where or when the war machine will strike next!
I can remember when 'Americans' were well-liked and respected around the world! Now , the 'world' is incredulous to how stupid , at best, we are!

X

xpanda

I saw Ms. Sheehan on the news last night for the first time (had only read of her before that) and IMO she's a total nutter. I get the impression she's using her son's death for attention, not a true moral outrage. Just an impression.

Of course, Sheehan or no Sheehan, the war is a disgrace. Tens of thousands of dead people for what?? Regional dominance? At the end of the day, it all boils down to 'the guy with the most toys wins.' Every excuse ever levied by this administration to justify the war is nothing but rhetoric and strategic marketing ploys. That's it. In fifty years, the history books will highlight these token soundbites and most people will be embarassed.

shoebox

EOG Veteran
I hate reading political threads and I didnt read this one, just the title, BUT HE DID MEET WITH HER ALREADY AND SHE SAID, AT THAT TIME, SHE WAS HAPPY WITH MR. BUSH!!!!

She is being used as a puppet but these radicals like Micheal Moore, she should just go away, she makes me sick!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
shoebox said:
I hate reading political threads and I didnt read this one, just the title, BUT HE DID MEET WITH HER ALREADY AND SHE SAID, AT THAT TIME, SHE WAS HAPPY WITH MR. BUSH!!!!

She is being used as a puppet but these radicals like Micheal Moore, she should just go away, she makes me sick!
I guess kind of like our National Guard looks like a bunch of puppets for Dubya. W makes me sick!

watson

EOG Enthusiast
The General said:
Hey Watson, welcome and thanks for the good meds you produce. cocktail

Thank you General but the pleasure is mine on both accounts. Good forum. Good meds.cheers

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Rove must have been getting laid in San Fran or he would have had W meet with this poor woman right away! Thus making this a non-issue from the get-go!

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
This lady lives right down the freeway from me. She lost her son for nothing, and at first, it seemed liked she was legit in her protest. But once the media blew her up, the bad elements and her own craving for attention surfaced. She is a middle aged woman, who has lost her looks, her husband and her son. G Dub. already did the required meet and greet. To meet her now would be as close as admission that the war or action is unjust, as saying it out loud. That is not going to happen. In many other countries she would be missing, and never heard from again. It reminds me a lot of the original founder of MADD. I am thinking Candy Lightener, but that could be way off. She was the annointed poster mom against drunk drivers, lost her child to one. But she was just as unfit to lead that cause as this lady is to lead the anti war cause. Actually she is being played, and the more you look or listen to her, the more she looks like an anti war nutcase. Sadly I agree with her conceptually. This place is not the place for us. It is even worse than Vietnam, and mismanaged even worse. A civil war is the outcome, whether we are there or not. It took about 30 years for the real truth about Nam to comeout. And does the military rake McNamara and his bean counting tit for tat management. Wait awhile. The worm has turned early here, and those elections are coming up, with the war eroding all Republicans support. No matter what this poor lady ends up as, I pray for her and her son, innocent victims of our misguided policy.

Best Wishes...OFescape

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
OF: This lady may be a whack job but everyone has to agree with her message that this war was nothing but a waste of her son and many other innocent men, women, and children! W and his oil buddies got richer and W got re-elected (actually elected for the first time) crying wolf and scaring everybody half to death with his wolves circling theory of governing! All the lies W and his buddies promulgated and noone, I repeat noone, holds this administration accountable!

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
I think his popularity is at an all time low. Many are holding him accountable. I am tired of being lied to. Tired of our troops riding around in non armored vehicles getting blown to bits in this soon to be civil war. They lied to us getting us in. Oops, we thought there were WOMD's. But what is worse, putting your own troops in the line of fire without the proper tactical equipment, making them improvise themselves, instead of providing them with roadside bomb resistant vehicles. Anytime a government dictates the conditions of war we get blasted, literally.

Best Wishes...OFnono

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
I think his popularity is at an all time low. Many are holding him accountable. I am tired of being lied to. Tired of our troops riding around in non armored vehicles getting blown to bits in this soon to be civil war. They lied to us getting us in. Oops, we thought there were WOMD's. But what is worse, putting your own troops in the line of fire without the proper tactical equipment, making them improvise themselves, instead of providing them with roadside bomb resistant vehicles. Anytime a government dictates the conditions of war we get blasted, literally.

Best Wishes...OFnono
Popularity is one thing OF, but do you honestly believe that many of the 51% of idiots(sorry for the lack of a better word) would actually admit they were duped and change their votes' if another election were held today?