Why does the road team in hockey always wear white?

Lefthook

EOG Veteran
Re: Why does the road team in hockey always wear white?

They switched it up about 5 years ago. No real reason given other then a marketing strategy. Most likely a way to sell jerseys. When you used to go to a game most everyone had a white (home jersey) Now kids all want a color jersey.

It will probably change back in another few years.

Watching a game looks the exact same every time. Red Wings always wearing red, road team always wearing white.....kinda boring.

PO69

EOG Master

I didnt really notice it until this year

WVU

EOG Master

I have always insisted it is easier to see your teammates on the ice when they are wearing dark colors. White blends in with the color of the ice to a small extent. Some agree some disagree

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

Pretty sure they changed it after the lockout back in 04-05. could have been before but definitely around then

jam

EOG Veteran

I didnt really notice it until this year

You just noticed this year? Yet if you had 50k offshore last night you would have bet it all on the Wings to win?

Sounds like you shouldn't be betting $5 on pucks let alone 50k.

I have always insisted it is easier to see your teammates on the ice when they are wearing dark colors. White blends in with the color of the ice to a small extent. Some agree some disagree

I agree. The Flyers at one time had black pants until the league banned them. Other teams complained they couldn't see the puck. The Texas Longhorn uniforms are that orange color to hide the football.