Why is CC Sabathia pitching today ( 9/21) ?

Playoffs start on 9/30 and he has to be your #1 starter, so normal rest says he pitches on 9/26 next then is on 3 days rest for game #1, or too much rest if this is the final game of the reg season for him.

He should pitch either 9/25 or 9/24 as his final start. I know the NYY want to clinch the division, and they will. I think if they win game #1 they pull back CC tonight.

I know you want to give him two shots at 20 wins also, but the team comes first.

set up the rotation properly, Girardi !

Mammon

EOG Master
Re: Why is CC Sabathia pitching today ( 9/21) ?

THey will probably only let him go 50 pitches or pull him if they clinch. This is likely his last start.

THey will probably only let him go 50 pitches or pull him if they clinch. This is likely his last start.

Then that would mean 8 days rest, he can't really win the game in 50 pitches....and I think they want him to get #20.

I think they pull him back tonight, esp. if they win.

The Yanks should almost want TB to win.

I'd still rather pitch him over the weekend instead and let him try against Boston, then be on normal rest for the playoffs.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Why would the Yankees want TB to win?

If I'm the Yanks I'd rather play the Red Sox in the playoffs right now than the Rays...if Stevie Wonder tried out at Fenway today he might make the roster as a pitcher...

Well the Yanks really tossed out the scrub lineup tonight ! :LMAO

Now CC will be given another chance to pitch 5 innings on Monday to get his personal stat win of #20 and come back on 3 days rest for the playoffs after going 125 or so pitches deep, It's about the team not getting CC his 20 win statistic.

Monday's game is meaningless.... Player's stats should mean nothing.

o
Why would the Yankees want TB to win?

If I'm the Yanks I'd rather play the Red Sox in the playoffs right now than the Rays...if Stevie Wonder tried out at Fenway today he might make the roster as a pitcher...

Seeing dah Sox miss the playoffs and collapse epically would be pretty cool from a NYY fan perspective, even better than beating them in the ALCS, perhaps ?

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

I heard that CC made his last start until the playoffs. Whether he gets an inning or so out of the bullpen to stay sharp, I do not know.

Then they should have gave him the extra days before starting like Sunday against Boston to put him on normal rest for Friday instead of over-extending him with 125+ pitches trying to get him #20.

Maybe a cheap vulture relief shot at that win ? :LMAO

Personal stats don't matter.

That's why I don't respect Rivera's 600+ saves so much,,,bring him in when needed most, but Robertson lucks out in that role....If Robertson can do that, then he should be able to close !

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Then they should have gave him the extra days before starting like Sunday against Boston to put him on normal rest for Friday instead of over-extending him with 125+ pitches trying to get him #20.

Maybe a cheap vulture relief shot at that win ? :LMAO

Personal stats don't matter.

That's why I don't respect Rivera's 600+ saves so much,,,bring him in when needed most, but Robertson lucks out in that role....If Robertson can do that, then he should be able to close !

You don't respect Rivera's 600+ saves so much? :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO