WILL MMA OVERTAKE TRADITIONAL BOXING?

5 star bomb

EOG Master
Re: WILL MMA OVERTAKE TRADITIONAL BOXING?

There's at least 20 boxing cards throughout the world every weekend. MMA cards? Way less. Here's proof, boxing is going nowhere....

http://www.boxrec.com/schedule.php?country=WWW&title=&tv=&SUBMIT=Go

one of the most idiotic posts I have read in a long time.... :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

The amount of fights has nothing to do with the product of the sport. Boxing is absolutely horrible, and has been for a while now. MMA is easily taking over. Its really not even close

one of the most idiotic posts I have read in a long time.... :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

The amount of fights has nothing to do with the product of the sport. Boxing is absolutely horrible, and has been for a while now. MMA is easily taking over. Its really not even close

Actually you have no idea what you are talking about. Tell me, what is the biggest combat sport PPV ever? Here's a hint, it's nothing by the UFC. As for the link I posted, you don't have shows unless you make money over the long term. That is why MMA organizations (besides the UFC), dtruggle so badly. IFL,Elite,WEC (before the UFC bought them), lost millions and millions of dollars. Don;t bother with me kid, you are way out of your league.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Actually you have no idea what you are talking about. Tell me, what is the biggest combat sport PPV ever? Here's a hint, it's nothing by the UFC. As for the link I posted, you don't have shows unless you make money over the long term. That is why MMA organizations (besides the UFC), dtruggle so badly. IFL,Elite,WEC (before the UFC bought them), lost millions and millions of dollars. Don;t bother with me kid, you are way out of your league.

listen pal, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. MMA has most definitely taken over. Boxing has been DONE ever since Lennox Lewis retired. He was basically the last significant heavyweight. Boxing is an absolute joke. The sport is going way down the drain. MMA is where its at now days.... sorry to break it to ya

A post full of generalizations and to be honest once again you have no idea what you are talking about. Lennox Lewis wasn't even a very good PPV draw to be honest. Tyson being gone hurt boxing a lot more than LL. Luckily for boxing, there are more divisions than the shitty heavyweight division. Since you didn't answer my question (because you don't know), Mayweather-ODLH did twice as many PPV buys as any UFC PPV has ever done. Oh and that PPV was well after LL retired. LMAO. The fact is you can call boxing a joke or whatever else that you want to, but it's not going anywhere.

BTW-I make a 2nd living off this shit, I know exactly what I am talking about.

Who did u have in rampage vs forrest ?

Thank god, nobody. If I had bet that I would have lost my ass. I am sufficient in MMA but I am better with boxing. I had my biggest win ever last weekend on Margarito over Cotto.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Cee!! Size does matter son! You have to smack the drunk girl in the forehead with it. Come on man! Wtf? haha. 91023i2ndw;l

wowow nice, my percentage isn't good at all when going pretty large, Nice to see u can cash em.

I didn't think rampage would lose either, since i thought he was amazing. But then again he chilled out for 10 months and then fought....

I have my ups and downs, more ups than down but I lose big to. I had 10k on Hopkins over Calzaghe.

Yeah Jackson looked like crap. Even so it was a damn close fight. Griffin isn't really that good though, he's a guy to bet against in his next couple of fights.

Cee!! Size does matter son! You have to smack the drunk girl in the forehead with it. Come on man! Wtf? haha. 91023i2ndw;l
:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3

Maybe if i could steal chutebox identity so ladies ill like me and i'll have that chance:+clueless

I have my ups and downs, more ups than down but I lose big to. I had 10k on Hopkins over Calzaghe.

Yeah Jackson looked like crap. Even so it was a damn close fight. Griffin isn't really that good though, he's a guy to bet against in his next couple of fights.

Any word on who grif is vs next??

Was entertaining seeing griffin keep rampage on the ground the whole 2nd rd. I couldn't believe it.

I think it already has overtaken it in a lot of ways. Boxing just doesn't have many fighters left who can carry the interest of fans anymore.

Cee.

Who is your favorite fighter?

Not sure if i really have one. There's guys i wanna see every fight they do tho. Used to be lidell as my fav. Now i like st pierre. Sometimes i like to see the top guys get beat, i like rampage but was rooting for griffin. There's one guy i watched on tapout show that was real exciting to watch. But i 4got his name they called him the "california kid" or something. He has long hair and looks like a skater/surfer lol. Come out to california love.....

who's yours?

Lidell seems like he's done eh?? Just like matty hughes. They just don't have it anymore??

Seems to have lost his striking power. Lidell is old for a fighter as well so yeah he's not the same as he used to be. His win over Wandy was good but losing to Jardine is pretty pathetic. :+textinb3

Seems to have lost his striking power. Lidell is old for a fighter as well so yeah he's not the same as he used to be. His win over Wandy was good but losing to Jardine is pretty pathetic. :+textinb3
LoL, yeah it's stinks

I loved when he used to come out to AC DC thunderstruck. I think he did when he fought rampage. Gets my adrenaline going on good music they come out to lol

LoL, yeah it's stinks

I loved when he used to come out to AC DC thunderstruck. I think he did when he fought rampage. Gets my adrenaline going on good music they come out to lol

Yeah as much as I didn't care for him and think he is a boring fuck, Tito Ortiz had a lot of energy on his entrances throughout the years as well.

Yeah as much as I didn't care for him and think he is a boring fuck, Tito Ortiz had a lot of energy on his entrances throughout the years as well.

Tru, but when i watch ortiz i fall asleep. He's the most overrated mma fighter not named kimbo slice

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Who cares i hope they both stay but i will say as a huge fan of both sports i am starting to get a little bored with MMA. After watching Coto/Margarito you are not gonna get a better MMA match anywhere.

What's funny is you posting garbage over and over. You post the same shit over and over to get your post count up or something? You bring nothing to the conversation except trolling. Basically you are an ignorant fuck. Pretty funny that the "dead" sport of boxing pays the fighters better than the UFC BTW.

Apple

Banned

Not sure if i really have one. There's guys i wanna see every fight they do tho. Used to be lidell as my fav. Now i like st pierre. Sometimes i like to see the top guys get beat, i like rampage but was rooting for griffin. There's one guy i watched on tapout show that was real exciting to watch. But i 4got his name they called him the "california kid" or something. He has long hair and looks like a skater/surfer lol. Come out to california love.....

who's yours?

Wanderlei Silva.. Not into that much, but its grown on me a little.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

What's funny is you posting garbage over and over. You post the same shit over and over to get your post count up or something? You bring nothing to the conversation except trolling. Basically you are an ignorant fuck. Pretty funny that the "dead" sport of boxing pays the fighters better than the UFC BTW.

boxing is dead. i find it hilarious that you really dont think mma has taken over....

:LMAO

Taking over what exactly? The UFC makes HUGE money and is very popular. The rest of the MMA organizations are not even profitable. If boxing was dead there would not be so many boxing shows. If boxing were dead the ODLH-Mayweather PPV would not have drawn 2.4 million buys. If boxing was dead it would not have been on Showtime,HBO,ESPN2 and Telefutura this weekend. While boxing has fewer superstars because of shitty promoting, boxing overall is just fine.

i don't think the mma card was a sell-out in sacramento last week, until you can pack the house and generate some ppv numbers it's still got a way's to go imo. agree with gyno about boxing though, there is a big opportunity if the marketing and promotion is done correctly.

Dude that event wasnt even a top 20 event this year in the world of MMA! They have like 3 good fighters and 1 great 1 in whole organization! UFC is where its at and they have been killing boxing on pay per view. If you look at the top 20 draws from pay per view 18 mma and 2 boxing in the last 3 years.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Dude that event wasnt even a top 20 event this year in the world of MMA! They have like 3 good fighters and 1 great 1 in whole organization! UFC is where its at and they have been killing boxing on pay per view. If you look at the top 20 draws from pay per view 18 mma and 2 boxing in the last 3 years.

That is what im saying... but try telling that to valdosta he is still convinced that boxing is better than ufc....

2348ji23e 2348ji23e :LMAO

UFC don't release PPV numbers. Easier to rip off the fighters if they don;t know how great they are doing. 2938u4ji23

That is what im saying... but try telling that to valdosta he is still convinced that boxing is better than ufc....

2348ji23e 2348ji23e :LMAO

Actually if you read through this thread 1 of my first posts said the UFC is already more popular than boxing....in the USA anyways. However the rest of these MMA organizations are pretty much flops and failures. My argument with you has been that boxing is "dead". It's clearly not. You act like there isn't enough room for both sports when there clearly is.

People can quit saying "MMA" because the truth is the only organization that makes money is the UFC. The UFC has already overtaken boxing for now due to great promoting. However boxing still has a lot of great fights. Just because the heavyweight division sucks don't mean they all do. Margarito-Coto last week was very good as was the fight before it on the undercard. Boxing lacks superstars and promotion, it doesn't lack good fights and talent.

Reread this post 5 star troller.