Will the USA be better or worse in 2020?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
California is broke

Woman has 8 babies and the taxpayers foot the bill, 1.3 million (at least)

Foreclosure central

Planes flying into buildings

Men dressing up as Santa Claus and killing an entire family.

Bernie Madoff

A Rod taking steroids 6 years ago

Banking Bailouts

Inflation

War

Poverty

Crime

suicide

Men in white Bentley's taking police on a 3 hour slow speed chase before he hills himself

Blagojevich

Spitzer

Plaxico

Gas prices

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Can 2020 be any worse?

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Re: Will the USA be better or worse in 2020?

much better...things move in a forward direciton as technology and quality of life is always getting better.

guitarjosh

EOG Addicted

Depends on the outcomes of the next 5 elections, though I would lean towards worse.

J

joeybagadonuts

much better...things move in a forward direciton as technology and quality of life is always getting better.

I think now tech is pushing quality of life forward. It is vastly easier for the average person to make vast sums of cash since the advent of the internet, and will continue to be as information is available to more and more people everyday. Information is the worlds greatest commodity. The more you have, the more likely you are to be able to use it to create wealth and income.

Think about it. 30 years ago could you sit on your ass with a machine "computer" and make $ without leaving your house or producing anything? Hell no. Now you can, and this won't ever change, only the people and the way it's being done will change. The market forces will weed out the weak and inefficient and the strong will float to the top, same thing with the current financial situation. Only the best of the best will survive and thrive. The rest will be gone. Simple as that.

I think the most recent and relevant example of this is the dot com crash. THe weak failed and the strong thrived. Or as the experts say, "there was a market correction"

I realize that our current situation is national, and not specific to one sector (e.g. dot coms) like in the past, however the same economic forces apply. At this point, I think the majority of people is taking the "sky is falling" point of view and it's infectious. I on the other hand feel this "correction" was needed from both a political and economic front and things will only get better as time passes.

railbird

EOG Master

California is broke

Woman has 8 babies and the taxpayers foot the bill, 1.3 million (at least)

Foreclosure central

Planes flying into buildings

Men dressing up as Santa Claus and killing an entire family.

Bernie Madoff

Banking Bailouts

Inflation

War

Poverty

Crime

suicide

Men in white Bentley's taking police on a 3 hour slow speed chase before he hills himself

Blagojevich

Spitzer

Plaxico

Gas prices

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Can 2020 be any worse?

Isnt this part 3 of a Billy Joel song?

how does that work on 8 babies? apply for welfare basically?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

We're fucked

the NAU pack kicks in next year

Rome burned from within and the USA is Modern Day Rome

This country is heading toward a complete meltdown on all fronts

railbird

EOG Master

Born Once - Die Twice; Born Twice - Die Once​
"And I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence the earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and the books were opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged, everyone of them according to their deeds... and death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:11-15).
These are some very sobering thoughts given concerning the final judgment. Several things are seen in this passage;
the end of the present universe (11),
all are to be judged (12);
judgment is according to the deeds that a person has done (12);
those whose names are not found in the book of life are thrown into the lake of fire (15)
and that this is "the second death" (14).
It was at this passage that, after his death, they found two short phrases handwritten in the margin of Martin Luther's Bible. These two phrases he had written certainly do express the truth as taught in the Scriptures concerning judgment and eternity. The phrases were: "Born once - die twice; Born twice - die once".
We are going to take a closer look at that phrase in light of the Scriptures of God, but before we do, I'd like to refer you to another of Luther's writings; the reason being that almost all who wear his name today would not be comfortable with these teachings because they show that baptism in water is necessary to produce salvation from sins.
What is baptism? Answer: Baptism is not merely water, but it is water used according to God's command and connected with God's word. What gifts or benefits does baptism bestow? Answer: It effects forgiveness of sins, delivers from death and the devil, and grants eternal salvation to all who believe, as the Word and promise of God declare. How can water produce such effects? Answer: It is not the water that produces these effects,
but the word of God connected with the water, and our faith relies upon the word of God connected with the water. For without the word of God, the water is merely water and not baptism. But when connected with the word of God the water is a baptism, that is, a gracious water of life and a washing of regeneration in the Holy Spirit."
-The Smaller Catechism; Martin Luther; 1529 A.D.

I'd be hard pressed to say it any better myself, so I won't try.

Born Once - Die Twice
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our lord." (Romans 6:23). There are several states referred to as "death" in the Bible. There is "physical death". This is the one we usually mean by the term. The Bible points out that the physical body is dead when the spirit separates from it (James 2:26).
There is also "spiritual death". This is the state that describes sinners who are separated from God by their sins (Ephesians 2:1;12). It was in this sense that Adam and Eve died in the very day they disobeyed God. They died spiritually, and also became subject to physical death.
Finally, there is the "second death". This is the eternal state of alienation from God described in Revelation 20:11-15; the "lake of fire". There is much we do not know about this last state mentioned, but we do know enough to understand that it would be the worst tragedy to suffer such a plight. There are many passages which describe the "second death" (Revelation 21:8; 20:10; 14:9-11; Mark 9:42-48; Matthew 25:30,41,46; 22:13).
Some ask, "How could a God of love allow such a thing to happen?" We look at the universe through the eyes of sinful men. We do not perceive sin the way the perfect righteousness of God does. When we say it does not seem fair to condemn sinners to such, we are doing so from tainted perspectives. If the Lord does a thing, then that thing is just. However, God did love us enough to send a rescuer our way. Jesus Christ died for our sins that we might live. If we turn our backs on Him, then how can we plead "unfair!" when we are condemned in our sins?

Born Twice - Die Once
"Jesus answered and said unto him, 'Truly, truly I say unto you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God... unless one is born of the water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." (John 3:3,5).

The way to avoid the second death is to be a partaker in the second birth! Jesus said that there were tow necessary parts in being "born again". He referred to it as "being born of the water and the Spirit".
Later, following His resurrection, He will send out the apostles to "make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit." (Matthew 28:18-20, cf. Mark 16:15,16). Obeying His commands, the apostles taught the believers on the day of Pentecost to "repent, and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the forgiveness of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:37,38). When the Ethiopian nobleman heard the gospel and then saw some water, he expressed the desire to be baptized in the water, and subsequently was (Acts 8:35-39). Saul of Tarsus was told, "Arise, and be baptized, washing away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16). This is how "baptism does also
now save (us)" (1 Peter 3:20,21).
But not only water is necessary. As Luther correctly pointed out, the water must be connected to the Lord's word. As Jesus said, "born of water and the Spirit". Jesus promised to send the Spirit to guide the apostles unto all the truth (John 16:12-14). When the apostles received and taught that truth, and people obeyed it, they were purified. As Peter later wrote, "Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls ...for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable, but imperishable, that is, through the living and abiding word of God." (1 Peter 1:22,23).
Since it was the Spirit who revealed this word of truth, when we obey the word, Jesus said we are "born of water and the Spirit" (see also James 1:21, 18; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 5:26).
So, Luther was correct in his statements about baptism which we considered. He was right because what he said​

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200903/meltdown-geograph...[/URL]

The crash of 2008 continues to reverberate loudly nationwide—destroying jobs, bankrupting businesses, and displacing homeowners. But already, it has damaged some places much more severely than others. On the other side of the crisis, America’s economic landscape will look very different than it does today. What fate will the coming years hold for New York, Charlotte, Detroit, Las Vegas? Will the suburbs be ineffably changed? Which cities and regions can come back strong? And which will never come back at all?

A fascinating 6 page look at how different parts of the country will come out ahead or behind where they are now due to this economic upheaval.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Here is an article that should piss ya off:

As readers will recall, J.P. Morgan received the first large bail-out from the New York FED of $55 Billion, guaranteed by Bear Stearns' worthless assets, to prop up its own liquidity position and buy Bear Stearns stock.

J.P. Morgan also recently received another $25 Billion in TARP payments from the Treasury.

This article is about how J.P. Morgan's executives , instead of receiving easy to detect cash bonuses, received very large bonuses in the form of Stock Appreciation Rights (SARs) and Restricted Stock Units. These equity compensation securities are not easy to understand or value by other than experts in the field.

SARs are very similar to employee stock options and Restricted Stock Units are very similar to Restricted Stock.

These SARs were granted on January 20, 2009, the day that the J.P.Morgan stock reached its lowest in five years. The stock quickly rebounded as illustrated in the graph below. The arrow indicates the day and the price of the stock when the grant was made.

On January 22, 2008 we see a repetition of the grants of SARs with the stock hitting a low point followed by a substantial rebound in the next days.

Continued>>>> Charts at link!
http://optionsforemployees.com/articles/article.php?id=... <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

History provides proof that we are in for a better time in the year 2020. Look at the markets alone in the 5 years after a recession. Amazing. Look at the job growth as well. Then on top of that add that if all does as planned( and I don't think it all will, but most) that the goverment will own some of the most profitable stocks from the bailouts. These banks will merge but not go under and liquidate.
I'm one to not think in the negative. If so why live? I think that everyday I wake up can be a new and exciting day. Wether everyone else decides to do that is up to the indivual, but each day and even in 2020 I'll be waking up each morning to look forward to another blessed day.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Simply:

its not that easy ....

the Bilderbergers had a goal and that was to crush this country financially
and that is why Bush signed away our borders with Mexico via the NAU
Pact he signed with Fox in March of 2005 in Waco

Why do ya think Cheney dumped 25 mill of his own moiney into the Euro
bond market?

We are screwed worse than anytime in the history of this country ...

Get ready ... its gonna ger real ugly as the Deriative Ponzi scam has
broke this country financially for good

Simply:

its not that easy ....

the Bilderbergers had a goal and that was to crush this country financially
and that is why Bush signed away our borders with Mexico via the NAU
Pact he signed with Fox in March of 2005 in Waco

Why do ya think Cheney dumped 25 mill of his own moiney into the Euro
bond market?

We are screwed worse than anytime in the history of this country ...

Get ready ... its gonna ger real ugly as the Deriative Ponzi scam has
broke this country financially for good

You must believe Jack Van Impe as well too right? The world we know is coming to a end and blah blah blah. You got 100 on the S&P being over 1000 this time in 2011? You got 100 on Obama is able to fix this economy in 4 years or at least be on the road to recovery? Yeah my post grad isn't in economics, but I did study a bit and I'm not that far removed from school. This is actually much easier to fix than the "end of the world" people think. Inflation is what we need to watch. Not much else.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

and 6 more "I want to fuck Lane" threads from Mofome will take down this forum

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Pass:

"Rummy" made about 2 mill on the last bird flu bs so might as well
crank it up again

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray
South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio

Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, television
North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe

Rosenbergs, H-bomb, Sugar Ray, Panmunjom
Brando, "The King and I" and "The Catcher in the Rye"

Eisenhower, vaccine, England's got a new queen
Marciano, Liberace, Santayana goodbye

CHORUS
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Joseph Stalin, Malenkov, Nasser aand Prokofiev
Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Bloc

Roy hn, Juan Peron, Toscanini, dacron
Dien Bien Phu falls, "Rock Around the Clock"

Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team
Davy Crockett, Peter Pan, Elvis Presley, Disneyland

Bardot, Budapest, Alabama, Krushchev
Princess Grace, "Peyton Place", trouble in the Suez

CHORUS

Little Rock, Pasternak, Mickey Mantle, Kerouac
Sputnik, Chou En-Lai, "Bridge on the River Kwai"

Lebanon, Charlse de Gaulle, California baseball
Starkweather, homicide, children of thalidomide

Buddy Holly, "Ben Hur", space monkey, Mafia
Hula hoops, Castro, Edsel is a no-go

U-2, Syngman Rhee, payola and Kennedy
Chubby Checker, "Psycho", Belgians in the Congo

CHORUS

Hemingway, Eichmann, "Stranger in a Strange Land"
Dylan, Berlin, Bay of Pigs invasion

"Lawrence of Arabia", British Beatlemania
Ole Miss, John Glenn, Liston beats Patterson

Pope Paul, Malcolm X, British politician sex
JFK, blown away, what else do I have to say

CHORUS

Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon back again
Moonshot, Woodsto/ck/, Watergate, punk rock
Begin, Reagan, Palestine, terror on the airline
Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan

"Wheel of Fortune", Sally Ride, heavy metal, suicide
Foreign debts, homeless vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz
Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law
Rock and roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore

CHORUS

We didn't start the fire
But when we are gone
Will it still burn on, and on, and on, and on...
:+excited-

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray
South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio

Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, television
North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe

Rosenbergs, H-bomb, Sugar Ray, Panmunjom
Brando, "The King and I" and "The Catcher in the Rye"

Eisenhower, vaccine, England's got a new queen
Marciano, Liberace, Santayana goodbye

CHORUS
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Joseph Stalin, Malenkov, Nasser aand Prokofiev
Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Bloc

Roy hn, Juan Peron, Toscanini, dacron
Dien Bien Phu falls, "Rock Around the Clock"

Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team
Davy Crockett, Peter Pan, Elvis Presley, Disneyland

Bardot, Budapest, Alabama, Krushchev
Princess Grace, "Peyton Place", trouble in the Suez

CHORUS

Little Rock, Pasternak, Mickey Mantle, Kerouac
Sputnik, Chou En-Lai, "Bridge on the River Kwai"

Lebanon, Charlse de Gaulle, California baseball
Starkweather, homicide, children of thalidomide

Buddy Holly, "Ben Hur", space monkey, Mafia
Hula hoops, Castro, Edsel is a no-go

U-2, Syngman Rhee, payola and Kennedy
Chubby Checker, "Psycho", Belgians in the Congo

CHORUS

Hemingway, Eichmann, "Stranger in a Strange Land"
Dylan, Berlin, Bay of Pigs invasion

"Lawrence of Arabia", British Beatlemania
Ole Miss, John Glenn, Liston beats Patterson

Pope Paul, Malcolm X, British politician sex
JFK, blown away, what else do I have to say

CHORUS

Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon back again
Moonshot, Woodsto/ck/, Watergate, punk rock
Begin, Reagan, Palestine, terror on the airline
Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan

"Wheel of Fortune", Sally Ride, heavy metal, suicide
Foreign debts, homeless vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz
Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law
Rock and roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore

CHORUS

We didn't start the fire
But when we are gone
Will it still burn on, and on, and on, and on...
:+excited-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKu2QaytmrM