Will We See MLB In 2020?

So looks like it will happen after all. Usually books start paying little attention to bases and start wanting to minimize risk once NFL starts, but this year you have NBA and NHL for the first ~6 weeks and then you have football for last ~4 weeks. I'm guessing the books are going to be leery of dime lines, will have very low limits and will start widening the vig once NFL starts. So the only way they attract action is going to disappear. Plus sharper bettors are going to have to be a little less aggressive early on to see what adjustments they need to make, so things are going to develop slowly.

Frankly for regular baseball bettors this year is going to suck and this feels like a desperation move by the owners to make sure MLB doesn't fall off the map.

cheapseats

EOG Master
I've always thought staggered seating could be achieved easily with temp taken before entry. But the players likely won't accept.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Owners say they will pay players 100% of their per game pay based on their salary.

Now players want more than 60 games.

This isn't going to ever happen folks.

The window that MLB could have had TV ratings that would have hit historic highs and sports radio talking about them nonstop has passed.

Bye bye baseball.

PS. I'll still watch and bet on you when you return. I'm dumb that way.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Aubrey Huff as you know speaks his mind wherever and whenever...

"If I God forbid get the #coronavirus, here’s what I do: I go home, I get well and I get back and live my life. I would rather die from coronavirus than live the rest of my life in fear and wear a mask"

kane

EOG master
Aubrey Huff as you know speaks his mind wherever and whenever...

"If I God forbid get the #coronavirus, here’s what I do: I go home, I get well and I get back and live my life. I would rather die from coronavirus than live the rest of my life in fear and wear a mask"

Aubrey Huff is a fucking moron, if he gets coronavirus, well just go home, snap your fingers and poof, just like that you're back to 100%, except that there's no guarantee you'll recover, there's no guarantee you won't die from it, and anyone who would rather die from the virus than wear a mask is a fucking idiot. No one is saying you have to wear a mask for the rest of your life, just long enough until this virus is under control. If he was in a hospital needing a ventilator to help him breathe, I have a feeling he would change his tune regarding the virus

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Aubrey Huff is a fucking moron, if he gets coronavirus, well just go home, snap your fingers and poof, just like that you're back to 100%, except that there's no guarantee you'll recover, there's no guarantee you won't die from it, and anyone who would rather die from the virus than wear a mask is a fucking idiot. No one is saying you have to wear a mask for the rest of your life, just long enough until this virus is under control. If he was in a hospital needing a ventilator to help him breathe, I have a feeling he would change his tune regarding the virus
Many including me share his view. Who wants to be barreled in for the rest of their life? Who can afford to not get paid for XXX amount of time? Three of my neighbors didn’t see a dime outside of a stimulus check.

kane

EOG master
Many including me share his view. Who wants to be barreled in for the rest of their life? Who can afford to not get paid for XXX amount of time? Three of my neighbors didn’t see a dime outside of a stimulus check.

You think we'll be wearing masks for the rest of our lives? C'mon, man, you're one of the few normal ones on the right, please keep it that way

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
You think we'll be wearing masks for the rest of our lives? C'mon, man, you're one of the few normal ones on the right, please keep it that way
Let’s say you’re out of work for a year or so, now you are just working to keep the creditors away. That’s a tough way to live.

kane

EOG master
Let’s say you’re out of work for a year or so, now you are just working to keep the creditors away. That’s a tough way to live.

Sure it is, but don't say for the rest of our lives, things will be bad until there's a vaccine, it might take a year from now, but I'm sure there will be a vaccine. And The last time I was payed was the first week of March. This virus is affecting every one, of course some are in a better situation than others, I don't live paycheck to paycheck and for that I'm grateful, but we all just need to hang in there. When I see someone say they would rather get the virus than wear a mask, to me that's idiotic

kane

EOG master
Getting back on topic, not only do I think there won't be any baseball, but right now I'd bet that there won't be any football either. I can see a scenario where the season starts, and after a week or two enough players will catch the virus and things will get shut down. I hope to fucking God I'm wrong, but the way things are going, I don't think football gets played

mr merlin

EOG Master
Sure it is, but don't say for the rest of our lives, things will be bad until there's a vaccine, it might take a year from now, but I'm sure there will be a vaccine. And The last time I was payed was the first week of March. This virus is affecting every one, of course some are in a better situation than others, I don't live paycheck to paycheck and for that I'm grateful, but we all just need to hang in there. When I see someone say they would rather get the virus than wear a mask, to me that's idiotic
Prob 30-40 million people have already had it, someone getting it is not a big deal, by the way, there's no guarantee there will ever be a vaccine.

kane

EOG master
Florida sets another new record for cases today with just under 4,000, and according to the governor, half of them are under the age of 45

mr merlin

EOG Master
So tell their families that getting the virus is no big deal, see if they agree
You see what's happening with these sports teams, they're testing everyone and holy smokes 5-10% of them are positive, that's because far more people have it than anyone thinks. that's the way it is in certain states, but just like NY and NJ, etc, it'll pass in time. Except this time it appears the virus is not as virulent.

mr merlin

EOG Master
23 clemson football players positive, plenty of time to get everyone infected so they can play ball without restriction.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I think there is enough psychological influence on not having people in attendance for the home sides that can significantly alter games.

I believe it will play a huge role on football especially college.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Imagine having only 25 thousand people in attendance at the shoe. Just imagine that.

IF THAT!

What we are seeing in foreign soccer leagues is a: HFD: Home Field DISadvantages

teams don't have the home folks behind then helping to rally them on and we are seeing a lot of away wins and low scoring games

Think about what places like: KC and Seattle will be like playing in front of few, if any, fans. I know Seattle's HFA has not been worth as much as years's past but it is still a factor and KC w.o any fans in the stands will be huge.

I will be looking to play a lot of road teams even with the circus that comes with having to travel for a road game

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
IF THAT!

What we are seeing in foreign soccer leagues is a: HFD: Home Field DISadvantages

teams don't have the home folks behind then helping to rally them on and we are seeing a lot of away wins and low scoring games

Think about what places like: KC and Seattle will be like playing in front of few, if any, fans. I know Seattle's HFA has not been worth as much as years's past but it is still a factor and KC w.o any fans in the stands will be huge.

I will be looking to play a lot of road teams even with the circus that comes with having to travel for a road game
I haven't heard a thing about this. Do teams come out flat with no fans?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I haven't heard a thing about this. Do teams come out flat with no fans?

Yes

The Bundeliga numbers are scary

This is really the first set of games for the PL but we are seeing low scoring games and very few home wins. I said before I felt the 2 PL sides that would be most negatively impacted are 2 sides that can least afford it: Norwich and Bournemouth. Both played at home and both lost. And neither was even close although Norwich's 3-0 loss was 0-0 at half. Bournemouth got 1 more SOG than I did and their goalie made as many saves as I did.

Norwich has flat out quit. They know their fate and they are resigned to it. Wednesday they host Everton and the away side is -102 on a 3-way line. When the road side is "minus money" that says all ya need to know. Norwich's TT is 1.0 with it priced pretty much -105 both ways. 100% I will be on Un1 because at worst I push. No way Norwich puts 2 in the net especially against a very well coached and defensive minded Everton side.

Bournemouth is getting +0.75 +103ish (Pinny). I am gonna wait and hope +1 comes down from -144 to around -120/-125 and I think it might since Bournemouth failed to show up today and Wolves looked solid.

There are a few games I have circled in big red ink coming up in England the next few weeks. One I already posted as a BB: Newcastle +2 +102 hosting Man City next Saturday in the FA Cup 1/4-finals. This is as bad of a scheduling spot for City as I have ever seen. I will gladly take +2 here. Then there is one more game that has no line on it yet but when it does I am like a pack of hungry dogs n North Korea waiting to pounce on the next person the Fat Midget (or his sister) puts in front of me to attack and kill.

MrTop

EOG Master

MLBPA delays vote on proposal in wake of outbreaks at training facilities

Last edited: