Winkyduck Challenge for March....presented by Winkyduck (Winkyduck is our March contestant)

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Sure but the idea of this was to get ahead 5 units from grinding +EV action throughout the month I assumed. Otherwise yeah your best bet is to go after some parlays and big dogs and hope you hit it early, then pass the rest of the month.

This would be a nice idea, but clearly it isn't what Winky proposed. His two basic arguments against the Grand Challenge is that it doesn't use units and it severely restricts what can be bet. His contest removes those constraints and is thus vulnerable to some bizarre strategies just based on game theory.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
I think there should be a play every day from Winky in here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
So did Winky. Until he started 0-2. If I can get a 12-0 Izzo spurt, I will break the thread seal while Winky plots more rule changes.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Sure but the idea of this was to get ahead 5 units from grinding +EV action throughout the month I assumed. Otherwise yeah your best bet is to go after some parlays and big dogs and hope you hit it early, then pass the rest of the month.

I understand your point but your flaw is this: Take a look at what I post in the BB thread. I almost always post dogs. I almost always post +150 dogs or more. So to say I am going to change the way I do things - WRONG!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Ladbrokes

Sat Mar 6 at 7A: English League 2: Cheltenham Town To Win to Nil +190.............Port Vale cant score on the road and C'Town plays great at home. Think we get a 1-0 or 2-0 CT win.

0-2 -2.44
Sat Mar 6 at 7A: English League 2: Cheltenham Town To Win to Nil +190
Wed March 17 (Seriously): Atletico Madrid/Chelsea UN2 +128

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Ok, Winky. Let's take a look cee.

First non-extradition country Trump enters: Russia +200

No, it doesn't appear you are changing. Still obsessed with Trump and still posting goofy fake bets.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Good morning and welcome to the 5th day of Winky Madness. 0 wins. howid much longer, Winky? Usually in these things, you want to win early and often. No and no so far.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
"One shining moment" inspires me to propose a wager to WinkyDuck (or anyone "in good standing" willing to post up max $ amount of liability via Paypal to JK), the following:

To make things really interesting, I'll start four separate "Winky" contests tomorrow at the earliest, no later than Tuesday, March 9. 30 picks thru March 31, I can use the same pick in several contests if I choose, according to the posted rules in Post #1 (bet is 1u for a line+100 or more (dog), and the bet is to win 1u for any negative line (fav)).

I'll put up $250 per contest if I lose and you put up $1000 per contest if I win (i.e. finish with 5 units or more profit). So the most I can win is $4000 per opponent and most I can lose is $1000 per opponent. If you want I'll go as low as $25/$100 per contest, but you have to cover all 4 contests. I'll limit this to the first 4 opponents who post up.

Any takers?

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
Good morning and welcome to the 5th day of Winky Madness. 0 wins. howid much longer, Winky? Usually in these things, you want to win early and often. No and no so far.

Maybe next month, we could put Winky in a contest against his sister. He'd probably beat her.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
"One shining moment" inspires me to propose a wager to WinkyDuck (or anyone "in good standing" willing to post up max $ amount of liability via Paypal to JK), the following:

To make things really interesting, I'll start four separate "Winky" contests tomorrow at the earliest, no later than Tuesday, March 9. 30 picks thru March 31, I can use the same pick in several contests if I choose, according to the posted rules in Post #1 (bet is 1u for a line+100 or more (dog), and the bet is to win 1u for any negative line (fav)).

I'll put up $250 per contest if I lose and you put up $1000 per contest if I win (i.e. finish with 5 units or more profit). So the most I can win is $4000 per opponent and most I can lose is $1000 per opponent. If you want I'll go as low as $25/$100 per contest, but you have to cover all 4 contests. I'll limit this to the first 4 opponents who post up.

Any takers?
Come on. Somebody bite. FInally have a legitimate EOG contest. Don't even reference Wink's rules. They are not clear and fluid. 1 play, 1 unit is good enough.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I'd take you up on your challenge but I am already hosting $1250 BIg Dance contests at Peeps. Would have been here but the password is uncouth.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Ladbrokes

Sat Mar 6 at 7A: English League 2: Cheltenham Town To Win to Nil +190.............Port Vale cant score on the road and C'Town plays great at home. Think we get a 1-0 or 2-0 CT win.

0-2 -2.44
Sat Mar 6 at 7A: English League 2: Cheltenham Town To Win to Nil +190

Adding another L2 play from Pinny - also starting Saturday at 7A: Tranmere Rovers -1 +197

0-2 -2.44
Sat Mar 6 at 7A: English League 2: Cheltenham Town To Win to Nil +190 AND Tranmere Rovers -1 +197

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Adding another L2 play from Pinny - also starting Saturday at 7A: Tranmere Rovers -1 +197

0-2 -2.44
Sat Mar 6 at 7A: English League 2: Cheltenham Town To Win to Nil +190 AND Tranmere Rovers -1 +197

Pinny

Saturday NHL

Leaves PL +137

Canucks caught the Leaves at the perfect spot the other day. Not now. Leaves have 48 hours rest. The teams played 3 games earlier in Toronto and the Leaves won by: 2, 4 and 4. Think we get something like a 4-1 win here

0-2 -2.44
Sat Mar 6 at 7A: English League 2: Cheltenham Town To Win to Nil +190 AND Tranmere Rovers -1 +197 AND Toronto Leaves PL +137

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Tossing 1 play 1 day is a distinction without a difference but tossing pushes gives Winky an unfair boot edge edge. Computer Bob will concur. It's called cheating, Winky. Something your close warm personal friend Railbird knows. 35 plays to win 5 units has a higher chance than 30 plays. 5 extra looks. Should be forced to risk pushes that count against limit.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Any takers?

Hello hello and hello?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Not yet, 2 more losers this AM, Winky is now 0-4, -4.44u:

Sat Mar 6 at 7A: English League 2: Cheltenham Town To Win to Nil +190 AND Tranmere Rovers -1 +197 Cheltenham won 3-2 (But not to NIL) AND Tranmere lost 0-1.
For crying out loud. Somebody take Bob up on his offer and let's have a real contest thread.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Toronto fuck line +137

I don't bet NHL so I'm not saying this is a fake bet but I need more information. I cee -193 regular ml. I cee -1 -126 which I would call the fuck line. Have to go to -1.5 to get Tony Homo to Winky's #. So I assume he has Toronto -1.5 +137. What a disaster this thread is. You need to be specific when posting bets. Shouldn't assume everybody knows hockey betting jargon. Especially since he already got caught.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
The puck line is like the run line in baseball, i.e. -1 1/2 goals (or +1 1/2 for the game underdog). Some money coming in on Toronto, -1 1/2 is available ranging from +115 to +132 (Pinny @ +128, best price I see now is Bookmaker.eu)

ComptrBob

EOG Master
As a trial run, several days ago, I started a "Winky" contest entry communicated via PM to JK. Its still in progress, but I'll reveal the picks/result at the end of the month.